The God Letters - Bringing them back... (feedback please)

Sanosuke

Well - We all enjoyed the god letters, talking to our supposed favorite gods, or jagex employee's...

But God Letters have stopped in recent time... Thats when I got the idea...

Revive it through the tip.it forums by finding good players/forum users to play the role of the god... And if we are successful we can move onto the other gods...

God list of taken and un-taken gods to 'man'

Zamorak: Taken

Saradomin: Open

Guthix: Open

If you are interested PM me about the desired god, and give me a sample of your work..Furthermore... I would like to see the communities take on this... What do you think of the idea? Should we or should we not do it? And is there anything else you want to say? suggestions? idea's?

Brain... please apply first... And see if you are accepted... Otherwise you won't be answering Prayers unless you are 'worthy'

/sigh\

Let me make myself perfectly clear... PM me about the god you want, and give me a sample of your work... And I will see if it lives up the god's standards...

• 1 year later...
this is not going to work out... :wall:

no it's not which is why the thread died.

People liked the god letters because they came straight from Jagex. Any player written version would fail to contain any true information, and would instead only be the opinions of the player writing them.

To be honest no one really wants to read a fourteen year old's attempt at sounding godly. It may be good for a few giggles, but as far as reliable information goes, it would never work.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I do miss the god letters. Since the gods are allegedly omniscient, it would be pretty fun to ask them about things only an all-knowing character would know (the chemical composition of runite, for example). Since Jagex now uses Postbag from the Hedge instead of god letters, there are only a few "omniscient" NPCs that players could turn to, other than the Wise Old Man, Reldo, Mr. Mordaut and possibly a few other scholarly folks.

Also, I hate to go against everyone else, but I personally like the idea of unofficial god letters written by players. I've always wanted to how other players would reply to those letters as if they were one of the three main gods. Maybe this would make a great thread in the Varrock Library forum.

edit: This thread is from January 2008.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

another thing jagex has stopped, i didn't read the god letters but i did enjoy looking through the player's gallery.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Can we let this thread die in peace please?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]