Weapon Encrusting

King_Royale

I used the search thing and found there was one on this, but extremely old.

My idea is:

Encrusting weapons with jewels, making them more powerful.

This idea would go into smithing and crafting, much like the other thread.

Steps:

1. Get the same amount of bars as you would to make a normal weapon,

2. Take the bars to an anvil and make an (E.G.) Encrustable Mithril Sword,

3. Get a gold bar and some gems too,

4. Take it to a furnace,

5. Use the sword on the furnace, choose the option to fill the encrustable sword with gold,

6. Then again use the furnace and fill it with gem/gems.

7. Enchant the sword (Dependant on your smithing level and magic level)

Levels:

Mith Weapons:

(Smithing level to make encrustable sword)

10 for sapphire

25 for emerald

40 for ruby

60 for diamond

Addy Weapons:

15 for sapphire

30 for emerald

45 for ruby

65 for diamond

Rune Weapons:

20 for sapphire

35 for emerald

50 for ruby

70 for diamond

Dragon Weapons:

30 for sapphire

45 for emerald

60 for ruby

80 for diamond

85 for dragonstone

Forgot others

98 for onyx

Strengths:

Sapphire + 2 on every stat in combat

Emerald + 4 on every stat in combat

Ruby + 7 on every stat in combat

Diamond + 12 on every stat in combat

Dragonstone + 15 on every stat in combat

Forgot + 20 on every stat in combat

Onyx + 30 on every stat in combat

*Must use 3 of each gem to encrust and use

**Must enchant by using the gems enchantable level in magic

***Unenchanteds do not have the strength bonuses.

Costs:

You make them up please. :)

quickmariork3.jpg

Hey, I like it. But aren't the smithing levels a bit low? Make Mithril start at about 40 or something. It would make it harder. Either that or lower the bonus levels. But then there's the problem:

Free wep encrusting! Wait, I forgot about the new update, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I support. It would be better maybe, on second thought, if it was a treasure trail thing. And would it look different?

C2b6gs7.png

Hey, I like it. But aren't the smithing levels a bit low? Make Mithril start at about 40 or something.

If you mean:

Mith Weapons:

10 for sapphire

25 for emerald

40 for ruby

60 for diamond

Requirements to make the mith weapon is 40 for a mith sword + 10 crafting for making it encrusted?

quickmariork3.jpg

Hey, I like it. But aren't the smithing levels a bit low? Make Mithril start at about 40 or something.

If you mean:

Mith Weapons:

10 for sapphire

25 for emerald

40 for ruby

60 for diamond

Requirements to make the mith weapon is 40 for a mith sword + 10 crafting for making it encrusted?

I'm not too sure that I understood that right- what I'm saying is that you should be able to encrust mithril starting at 40 smithing, maybe 50. And then make the crafting level higher too- maybe 40 or 50.

C2b6gs7.png

I think making the Encrustable sowrd should definately be smithing but the adding of gems should be crafting exp. Rather like adding gems to rings etc. I don't know if this is what you meant anyway but i thought i should mention it.

Great idea though. Obviously these prices would have to be more than the basic longsword or shortsword because of the strenght bonuses you can add onto them. But unfortunately with all changing things this would virtually wipe out the long and short swords and only be used for people who cant afford the gems. Dosn't apply for people who don't have the levels because of the new assist system.

But otherwise great idea.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I think making the Encrustable sowrd should definately be smithing but the adding of gems should be crafting exp. Rather like adding gems to rings etc. I don't know if this is what you meant anyway but i thought i should mention it.

Yes..

One thing though... since dragon weps aren't smithable, how could you encrust them?

Maybe you could take them to a dwarf in Keldagrim and pay them to do it?

Tbh, I didn't really think this through as much as I should've.

Treasure trails = Drop encrustable dragon items?

making mithril starts at 50, just to let ya know. sounds good, but there is no gem between onyx and dragonstone

Lmao, I thought there was. Seeing as the Dragonstone cutting level is like 60 or 65, and onyx is like 90? <.<

quickmariork3.jpg

I like the idea. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I quite like the idea. I think it could tie in with Jagex recent efforts to make smithing useful again (dfs, godswords, armour stands) Maybe if the encrusted weapons became untradable, a bit like soulbinding in WoW. That way if you want the extra power, you'll need to train up to be able to make it yourself.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Nice idea. *Drools at the thought of a fire sword*

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Nice Idea...

Maybe each sword that is encrusted should have a special ability like enchanted bolts?

E.G. Ruby allows you to lower your opponents combat stats by what ever you hit.

So I herd You Liek Markip2's?

Barrows Drops: V helm x1, Dh Helm x1

Dragon Drops: 0

Finally finished RFD on 8/30/08!

First one to complete Lumbridge Achievement Diary In World 99 FTW!

markip2.png

^ I never said elemental swords? :oops:

I know you didn't. I was guessing that a ruby encrusted sword might have something to do with fire, then again it might not. Ah well, it's an idea...

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

i think f2p specials r cool (since im no longer p2p) about the level to smith, why dont you make it same level to smith a mith sword. Then you need a crafting level to encrust it or whatever

mouseyman76.png

Goal: To get a f2p skill cape for woodcutting and firemaking!!!

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Fine but your bonues are far to much. Onyx Rune sword should be granted much better than the normal rune sword. But better than Dragon? And the other high weapons I think not. A +30 down its stats would certainly put it above dragon. And as mentioned the smithing lvls seem low.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Fine but your bonues are far to much. Onyx Rune sword should be granted much better than the normal rune sword. But better than Dragon? And the other high weapons I think not. A +30 down its stats would certainly put it above dragon. And as mentioned the smithing lvls seem low.

I only just became a member again.

I didnt know the strength of things, so I just made it up xD

And I didnt really think of the smithing levels, I thought you guys would think of better ones.

quickmariork3.jpg