Prayer Switching Guide for TzTok-Jad

Dire_Wolf

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok :thumbup: But i personally like Sound way more than Lala's.

I use only Lala's way only when i melee TzTok-Jad, but then again i do that with combination of Sound way.

But my way shows you how to use your ears, and it can even save you when you lagg. Because when you lagg, you will hear the sound of TzTok-Jad sooner than you will see his movements.

I love the sound way and it's not because it's my way, but it works well . I don't have to put my eyes on TzTok-Jad even to know what attack he is using \'

So that's why Sound is best for me <3: Thanks for comment about my guide, but i suggest that if you have not tried Sound way you should try it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

java2009030914460207.jpg

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey great guide - just one point

You put a selection of different videos for different angles but i found it best 2 train with all of the videos for two reasons.

1. Sometimes due to where you are you will not recreate the same angle so it is good to have experience from several views.

2. If you spend too long practicing on the same video you can end up switching just from memory of what jad does, using a variety keeps it random and makes it more realistic.

Hopefully ill get to Jad before the lag kills me this time.

Most successful attempt - just went 4 a laugh with only sharks and pray pots for supplies (1st time) got to Jad and died coz i didnt know pray.

Hopefully i can put the practice to use soon, wen i get long enough on for another attempt.

EDIT

WOOT!!! Fire cape achieved. Thanks to ur guide, without it id have defo died on jad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dont forget, when a cake is eaten the 2/3 will move up to the top of the invent, maybe use fishing potions, theyre only like 70 each i think

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

only was hit once thanks to this guide! (for a 60 lol.....)

2w73e4j.png

i love u

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Hmm, Rune c bow + shield or Karils bow. I have plenty of cash to spend. This guide is excellent. I've read all posts and i like lala's way and the sound way. If you combine them i think it's safer. But Rune c bow + Shield or k bow?

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, Rune c bow + shield or Karils bow. I have plenty of cash to spend. This guide is excellent. I've read all posts and i like lala's way and the sound way. If you combine them i think it's safer. But Rune c bow + Shield or k bow?

I would go with Rune c bow + broad bolts (55 slayer needed) /Mithril bolts or Emerald e bolts if you can afford that.

Karil bow works too but if your low defensed i would not recommend that. Also the ammution for Karil isen't exactly cheap

Thnx ownage guide !!!!!!!! Haven't tried jad yet cos I want to know as much strategies as possible before I try -.-

1 last thing: (srry if this is wrong place etc) could I do jad?

Stats : 82 hp

78 defence

78 range

61 prayer

55 slayer (broad bolts cos they r cheap :) )

78 attack

82 strength

58 summon

71 mage

^^ doubt I'll use melée/Mage ^^

Equipment / items that I have : rune cbow

Full void range and melée

3 million gp

Sara / guthix books

Archer ring

Sara sword (doubt it'll b useful in there).

If any1 replies could you post a recommended inventory / items setup I could use

If you say I can't do it, give me an example of better stats

Thnx guys !!

wl4xhc.jpg - this may the reason behind the whip changes 0_o

Thnx to kaosmerchant for hosting.

Boeing125.png

Thnx ownage guide !!!!!!!! Haven't tried jad yet cos I want to know as much strategies as possible before I try -.-

1 last thing: (srry if this is wrong place etc) could I do jad?

Stats : 82 hp

78 defence

78 range

61 prayer

55 slayer (broad bolts cos they r cheap :) )

78 attack

82 strength

58 summon

71 mage

^^ doubt I'll use melée/Mage ^^

Equipment / items that I have : rune cbow

Full void range and melée

3 million gp

Sara / guthix books

Archer ring

Sara sword (doubt it'll b useful in there).

If any1 replies could you post a recommended inventory / items setup I could use

If you say I can't do it, give me an example of better stats

Thnx guys !!

Yes you can do Fight Cave, it's more about knowledge and experience than about levels. Your levels are decent to me, but i would suggest getting 78-80 ranged/defence since your 2 levels away in those skills and that's not much. I got my 1st Fire cape at level 104.

RECOMMEND LEVELS

80 Ranged/Defence

70 Prayer bonus

EQUIPMENT

Not Void for sure. That's for experienced players. I have used it and even with 99 defence i have gotten hit badly.

Alternative 1 - Low budget

Overall stats

122 Ranged attack bonus

7 Prayer bonus

221 Ranged defence bonus

Helm of neizinot

Black d hide top

Amulet of glory

Granite legs

Snakeskin boots

Black [bleep]ed vambs

Ava's accumalator

Granite shield/Obsidian

Explorer ring (+1 Prayer bonus)

Alternative 2 - High budget

Overall stats

Verac helm+Granite shield:

136 Ranged attack bonus

12 Prayer bonus

291 Ranged defence bonus

Torag helm+Zamorak book:

152 Ranged attack bonus

14 Prayer bonus

232 Range defence bonus

Verac's helm/Torag helm - depending on what shield item your using

Amulet of fury

Black d hide top

Verac's skirt

Snakeskin boots

Barrow gloves

Ava's accumalator

Granite shield (If so then Verac's helm)/Zamorak book (Then Torag helm)

Archer ring

INVENTORY

The inventory i will suggest is not flawless, but i will try my best to think of best setup for your levels.

5-7 Saradomin brews (I would go with 6)

Saradomin godsword>Enchanced Excalibur for special attacks if you have one of those

2-3 Ranging potions (Start using them at about wave 20)

Rest Super restores

150 Diamond e bolts for TzTok-Jad

Good Luck :thumbup:

ive gotten cape 5 times before i read this guide, but the information here is solid, and im sure would have helped if i used it for a cape first. :thumbup:

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to try to get the cape here in a few days. This is a very good guide. I'll post back here when I get my cape.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

• 3 weeks later...

Eek you misinterpreted a little bit.

When you start, it's a given that you need to pray range (it is silent, and his magic has a sound).

Now, when you see him, the strategy changes. He has two animations: range and mage. Range is an obvious stomp, and mage is a more subtle head-roll. Because of the fact that the headroll is sometimes harder to notice, keep mage prayer on during the fight. When he stomps (it is VERY easy to notice), switch to range, then after the attack splashes, immediately switch back to mage prayer. When he uses a magic attack, use the time to drink pots or whatever.

Jesus Christ thats why I always die. I keep range prayer on most of the time.. Well that has to be part of it I guess...

Ummm is it worth melee'ing any of the monsters if you have Kuradal task?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ummm is it worth melee'ing any of the monsters if you have Kuradal task?

I wouldn't do it because:

Level 22 bats will drain your prayer

Level 180 will give you hard time (if your killing with whip).

Distance away from monsters - you gotta run to monsters. Take level 90 as example, you run to it, kill it in 2 easy shots. You can do the same with range. Uses energy up.

Level 45, will "Recoil" (send damage back) when you melee with whip.

However...

Dragon halberding level 180s can be done with Slayer helm (It's not bad idea).

Dragon halberding Tztok-Jad can be done too, and it's a good idea.

JUST BE CAREFUL:

Have your energy on "Walk" when you Dragon halberd TzTok-Jad, because if you RUN you will end up next to Jad (His melee field) and he will attack you. You go 1 square step more if you have run on.

• 3 weeks later...

[Removed Quote]

I'm at school at this second, and i cant see much pictures etc, so what i dont notice (if its there, ill apologize when i get home) is that, i see no mention of the F1-F7 or F9 keyboard shortcuts. it makes going between potting and pray switching even faster if you remember the F# button for prayer. F1 is inventory i remember that one.. but thanks. ill remember this guide, and ill use it maybe on my last day of mems :)

Edited by Gandorf61
Removed Quote to speed up loading of page

s3dgmb.png

^ Thanks maddie for t3h siggie :3

Velvet_Ember.png

I'm at school at this second, and i cant see much pictures etc, so what i dont notice (if its there, ill apologize when i get home) is that, i see no mention of the F1-F7 or F9 keyboard shortcuts. it makes going between potting and pray switching even faster if you remember the F# button for prayer. F1 is inventory i remember that one.. but thanks. ill remember this guide, and ill use it maybe on my last day of mems :)

The F-buttons is not specially for TzTok-Jad only, it can be used anywhere. So i figured that if your aware of the F-Buttons and use them, that you will use it at Jad also. Good luck on Jad :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The F-buttons is not specially for TzTok-Jad only, it can be used anywhere. So i figured that if your aware of the F-Buttons and use them, that you will use it at Jad also. Good luck on Jad :thumbup:

And yet not everyone knows about them, so I think it would be good to mention them. Personally, learning about the F-buttons was the key to me finally beating Jad.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png