Prayer Switching Guide for TzTok-Jad

Dire_Wolf

I trained with my new method, and i killed Jad (1st Attempt)....but.

I FORGOT TO RECORD :?

I had chosen where to record, but i forgot to record darn it.

Next time i go for another cape i will :wall:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide :thumbsup:

Did it as Lala said and it worked :) got it now thanks <3:

Thanks to you and Lala. Infact Lala's tips is part of how you melee TzTok-Jad, i just realized it now. I hope my grammar and spelling are good? Let me know \'

How to melee TzTok-Jad will come: i just need some time. :P

Actually i am planning to collect all of them and avoid maximal dangerous situations: like Zamorak, Saradomin, Bandos soloing.

As i want full bag with fire capes. Will be my small goal ;)

At the moment i got 2/28 Fire capes

• 2 weeks later...
Eek you misinterpreted a little bit.

When you start, it's a given that you need to pray range (it is silent, and his magic has a sound).

Now, when you see him, the strategy changes. He has two animations: range and mage. Range is an obvious stomp, and mage is a more subtle head-roll. Because of the fact that the headroll is sometimes harder to notice, keep mage prayer on during the fight. When he stomps (it is VERY easy to notice), switch to range, then after the attack splashes, immediately switch back to mage prayer. When he uses a magic attack, use the time to drink pots or whatever.

Exactly. Ive been using this method since my 2nd attempt at caves and it works beautifully.

Sir Hemen: Genius guide, wish I had seen it before my first few attempts.

Edit: Just got cape, pic coming tomorrow! \'

Etecoon.png

No matter how much I train prayer switching, I always get that nervous feeling (accompanied by lag) that costs me a FireCape at Jad all the time.

Also, why aren't you on ingame anymore, Hemen. :'(

The 3 capes i got after my 1st, was always accompanied by slow adrenaline rush with nervousness. The adrenaline is a good thing, it sharpens your senses. As for nervousness that's what makes the adrenaline released into your body. So when you get to TzTok-Jad, ignore that your nervous and believe in your skills.

The bad connection/lag is something i can't help you with. But i can tell you i have lost in Fight Cave over 10 times because of lagg, just don't give up on it and keep going.

epic guide man...well after talking to you at miths.....i wana try for fire cape again, but this time im guna practice pray switching first =s ill tell you what happens :o

EDIT: omg...jad hates me...i was on wave 47 had to logg so i did the normal thing where its supposed to save ur progress...to bad i logged on and was at wave 1 :wall:

Veil_Of_Maja.png

epic guide man...well after talking to you at miths.....i wana try for fire cape again, but this time im guna practice pray switching first =s ill tell you what happens :o

EDIT: omg...jad hates me...i was on wave 47 had to logg so i did the normal thing where its supposed to save ur progress...to bad i logged on and was at wave 1 :wall:

Do these prayer switching trainings/simulation: Sound Training (Found in Additional Prayer switching)+Healer Training and you should be good. Do it for 30-60 min. :thumbup:

Do these prayer switching trainings/simulation: Sound Training (Found in Additional Prayer switching)+Healer Training and you should be good. Do it for 30-60 min. :thumbup:

i did that...just never got to use it :wall:

Veil_Of_Maja.png

UPDATE+REVAMP!

Added melee to the guide! \' Also revamped and soon i will post 2 videos: 1 of ranging and 1 of melee! :) :)

i did that...just never got to use it :wall:

Don't give up m8! I have disconnected 7 times at Fight Caves when i tried Dharoking TzTok-Jad with 1-5 hp! #-o I died or got logged out of cave. :wall:

Got to healers and died cuz when i went to atk healers i got hugged to jad then it hit 62 lol, then i paniced and got banged.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

In most TzTok-Jad videos you will see players (Unless they using crystal bow) change to long range when healers appear and the reason is obvious.

Not to get hit by TzTok-Jad..so for next time change to Long range :thumbup:

Yes it does. But you should have tried "Sound Training" too. Only reason i could think it Sound Training would be bad would be:

1: If your deaf

2: Sound makes your computer/connection bad

But if your ever consider to melee TzTok-Jad, you definitely must practice on TzTok-Jad's magic attack sound and lala's tip combined. :shame:

I love u is all i have to say ^_^ <3:

got him on the 2nd try after reading the guide couse i lagged on 1st ;\

but as a little addition what i did was longrange jad untill the healers came i figured it would b safer as some healer decides to go behind him

u might get melee koed

grumi.png

In most TzTok-Jad videos you will see players (Unless they using crystal bow) change to long range when healers appear and the reason is obvious.

Not to get hit by TzTok-Jad..so for next time change to Long range :thumbup:

Na i got hooked around the corner and he thumped me :(

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

That stinks, that has happened tons of times to me at 360s+702.

But solution to TzTok-Jad is: Have auto retaliate on, and then TzTok-Jad attacks you. From here your character runs to TzTok-Jad, and once you can see him take it off. :thumbup:

This seems sort of... Superfluous. I watched one or two youtube videos, then prayer-switched and dealt with the healers flawlessly.

But good guide, I suppose it'll help people who can't learn things exclusively by watching.

Without experience players will make alot flaws :thumbup: I know it took me 6-7 attempts before i got my Fire cape.

Back then i did not think of this way of practicing prayer for TzTok-Jad. But there is people that is great at somethings but be bad at a other thing.

So we are all different, and we all have different skills. But those who find prayer switching easy without this training guide should GET OUT OF THIS GUIDE! :lol: :lol:

But yeah :mrgreen: