Xbox 2 (360) Debutes tonight

rocketman089

Just thought everyone should know, as it IS important news 8) that on MTV, 9:30 pm pacific (half hour from the creation of this post), the new xbox is going to be debuted. Supposed to be a big half hour special. I dont know if its already been showed in other time zones though, if it has, hold the details please.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought everyone should know, as it IS important news 8) that on MTV, 9:30 pm pacific (half hour from the creation of this post), the new xbox is going to be debuted. Supposed to be a big half hour special. I dont know if its already been showed in other time zones though, if it has, hold the details please.

Already has on the East Coast, and that show is kinda pointless since most of the information on it's been leaked already 8)

ChocoboT.jpeg

Let's make babies!

_41141349_360_01.jpg

Looks pretty odd :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I saw the leaked photos which were linked to on slashdot... It just looks like a budget MicroATX PC.

I dun care how odd it looks, when it's got 3 3.2ghz processors in it. *dies*

Cell > 3.2Ghz processor

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

poopi, i would love to watch it. i hope the old xbox games are compatible... my xbox broke 2 monthes ago, and my dad got the new ps2 instead (which i might add is verry cute).

Looks a little odd (seen it on ABS before). hope id dosent ahve to stand, i dont like the consols standing (my sisters ps2 always buzzed really weird when standing). And thos controlers better nto be the only ones to use... i like the big ones.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Infrared controllers. Now i wont be able to play wrapped up in my duvet in bed :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'll be buying one, simply because I expect better games from it...The Xbox seemingly had better games and the PS2, but the PS2 had more variety...I expect that not to change.

However, I'll probably break down and buy a PS3 too. :P Throw $600 out the window just to be cool like that, lol.

The controllers are inrared? That's good, I don't like cords lol, about time they made that standard.

Can't wait for Halo 3 and the next GTA game (more than anything).

I dun care how odd it looks, when it's got 3 3.2ghz processors in it. *dies*

Cell > 3.2Ghz processor

I wasn't informed of any benchmarks being released? In any case, some sites seem to claim the Xbox 360 uses three CPU cores each running at 3.2ghz. Whether this would outdo the Cell, which is also a multicore processor, isn't something that can be told by statistics. As we all know the hertz means very little when determining actual power.

Who cares about the processors inside? The Xbox is around twices as powerful as the Gamecube (possibly three times), and the new Zelda looks about 3 times as good as Halo 2. Both the PS2 and Xbox have raw power, but with crappy software, which means that to get semi decent graphics the developers have to spend ages just trying to unlock the power. With the Gamecube they're able to push the hardware easily, leaving more time for actual gameplay. I expect it will be the same for the next generation.

Plus, that looks awful. The controller looks weak and pathetic, and the box itself looks like it will fold in half if you place a book on top of it.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Who cares about the processors inside? The Xbox is around twices as powerful as the Gamecube (possibly three times), and the new Zelda looks about 3 times as good as Halo 2. Both the PS2 and Xbox have raw power, but with crappy software, which means that to get semi decent graphics the developers have to spend ages just trying to unlock the power. With the Gamecube they're able to push the hardware easily, leaving more time for actual gameplay. I expect it will be the same for the next generation.

Plus, that looks awful. The controller looks weak and pathetic, and the box itself looks like it will fold in half if you place a book on top of it.

Amen. Everything you said was true, except about the ps2. I think it has really good software, but the Xbox is the most usless thing ever, with no good first party games at all. The new Xbox looks equally as crap, in fact, one the most horrific designs ever for a console. I can only point and laugh.

Since when did the number of processors make breeding grounds for a "good console"? For all I care, it could have 30 processors and the games could still suck. You can't buy creativity from Intel.

I own the Xbox (original), and I must say that apart from Halo which is the only good game I played on Xbox, it was a disaster to the gaming world. So much hype about it being more "powerful" than GameCube and PS2, all in vain.

Graphics don't have anything to do with a quality game. Yes, the new Xbox can draw about 6 billion triangles a second according to IGN.com and the screen rendering rate triple that of the PS2. But why does it matter? I would much rather have fun with the new Zelda game when it's being released, because it will most likely have depth to it. A console that processes 9 trillion megapixels a second better have good games, otherwise they're just wasting the resources.

How much more realistic do the graphics need to get? It's about time that gaming companies start focusing on the CONTENT of the games rather than spending 10% of the time on the storyline and 90% on shadow and fog rendering programming.

We've seen it multiple times and World of Warcraft proves it: People want games which are unique and fun, the graphics are just a side factor (as WoW doesn't have that superb graphics although very good nonetheless, yet in just a few months it outsells every other video game in history).

It looks pretty good, but if I do buy it to play my old xbox games and some new xbox 2 good games, I'm definitely waiting awhile for a price drop - it's going to be so expensive. The system I'm primarily waiting for is Nintendo's Revolution and its release. Latest news I've heard is that it'll be horizontal or vertical depending on preference, and about as tall as 3 dvd cases. ( http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6256 - announced today)

And sorry to rain on your xbox parade about Nintendo's thing. :P

Lovely, I've heard about this for a while now too, but kinda has been old news atleast it looks better then the original Xbox.

I just can't wait for it to come out since I can mod it to my own needs then install a mod chip to it. :P

Ok please any gamecube or ps2 fanboys get out. You wanna make a 500th thread on which is better console but don't do it here for gods sake. This is about the XBOX 360 So when you get it through your thick [wagon] skulls try coming back and making a commet about the console itself.

Since when did the number of processors make breeding grounds for a "good console"? For all I care, it could have 30 processors and the games could still suck. You can't buy creativity from Intel.

I own the Xbox (original), and I must say that apart from Halo which is the only good game I played on Xbox, it was a disaster to the gaming world. So much hype about it being more "powerful" than GameCube and PS2, all in vain.

Graphics don't have anything to do with a quality game. Yes, the new Xbox can draw about 6 billion triangles a second according to IGN.com and the screen rendering rate triple that of the PS2. But why does it matter? I would much rather have fun with the new Zelda game when it's being released, because it will most likely have depth to it. A console that processes 9 trillion megapixels a second better have good games, otherwise they're just wasting the resources.

How much more realistic do the graphics need to get? It's about time that gaming companies start focusing on the CONTENT of the games rather than spending 10% of the time on the storyline and 90% on shadow and fog rendering programming.

We've seen it multiple times and World of Warcraft proves it: People want games which are unique and fun, the graphics are just a side factor (as WoW doesn't have that superb graphics although very good nonetheless, yet in just a few months it outsells every other video game in history).

you are.. like the... best!

I really dislike it when people go all crazy when a game has crappy graphics and good gameplay, and refuse to play it..

Look at Morrowind... some of the worst graphics ive seen, yet one of the best games ever... another example ff6, 16bit characters, yet the best storyline for an rpg (imo)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ok please any gamecube or ps2 fanboys get out. You wanna make a 500th thread on which is better console but don't do it here for gods sake. This is about the XBOX 360 So when you get it through your thick wagon skulls try coming back and making a commet about the console itself.

If you actually read the posts, you would find we actually did comment on the Xbox 360. Mostly on how ridiculous it looks and how overrated it will be, yes, but it is the simple truth. Actually have something to back up your statements...

And I find it quite rich of you to call us fanboys, when you are the biggest Xbox fanboy that ever lived.

Ok please any gamecube or ps2 fanboys get out. You wanna make a 500th thread on which is better console but don't do it here for gods sake. This is about the XBOX 360 So when you get it through your thick wagon skulls try coming back and making a commet about the console itself.

If you actually read the posts, you would find we actually did comment on the Xbox 360. Mostly on how ridiculous it looks and how overrated it will be, yes, but it is the simple truth. Actually have something to back up your statements...

And I find it quite rich of you to call us fanboys, when you are the biggest Xbox fanboy that ever lived.

So far you have called me the biggest sony fan boy and bigest xbox fan boy ever... Wow that makes sense. Except I don't hijack posts and completely turn the discussion ever . I have only ever stated my opinion on posts about them. You wanna say my opinions wrong? Go ahead [wagon]. Think before you speak next time?

On that note say whatever you want to say back I really couldn't give a damn what some idiot from manchester who is such a fool it's unbelieveable thinks of me :)

So far you have called me the biggest sony fan boy and bigest xbox fan boy ever... Wow that makes sense. Except I don't hijack posts and completely turn the discussion ever . I have only ever stated my opinion on posts about them. You wanna say my opinions wrong? Go ahead [wagon]. Think before you speak next time?

On that note say whatever you want to say back I really couldn't give a damn what some idiot from manchester who is such a fool it's unbelieveable thinks of me :)

Eh? I've never called you a Sony fanboy, ever. More useless facts ahoy. And is there such thing as hijacking a post? In all the posts ive posted in, ive only posted my opinons, if you can't take that, fair enough, but you don't have to blow up about it. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, im just saying they are mainly rubbish, and I bet you think the same of me, but ah well.

You say you don't care what is said back to you on any post, and you vow never to post on that topic again, but you inevitably always crawl back to make another post.. its an unwritten law of this forum.

Infrared controllers. Now i wont be able to play wrapped up in my duvet in bed :(

i've read a huge topic on this, the infrared thing is for the remote, the controls are radio