Prices of rares?

ilya

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the santa is around 14m now... :uhh:
Ya on average... but I don't think it will stay on that price for long as it just dropped like 500k in price omg... Why Jagex... Why!

Actually its players forcing the price down.

Nah its Jagex making a skill, that makes people sell there rares so its still Jagex that started this. :D

Ya on average... but I don't think it will stay on that price for long as it just dropped like 500k in price omg... Why Jagex... Why!

Nah its Jagex making a skill, that makes people sell there rares so its still Jagex that started this. :D

But please explain how they "made" people sell their rares?

I know people with dozens of rares they picked up. And haven't found themselves forced to do anything but leave it in their bank.

Like I said in another chat: People blaiming only jagex for these updates, is the same as ranting on Volvo for making seatbelts in cars. Sure its a nuisance, but its not Volvo's fault that people are bad drivers, is it? They just take the necessary precautions.

But please explain how they "made" people sell their rares?

I know people with dozens of rares they picked up. And haven't found themselves forced to do anything but leave it in their bank.

Like I said in another chat: People blaiming only jagex for these updates, is the same as ranting on Volvo for making seatbelts in cars. Sure its a nuisance, but its not Volvo's fault that people are bad drivers, is it? They just take the necessary precautions.

If Jagex didn't make those Dev Diarys or talk about Summoning in the Behind The Scenes people didn't sold there rares now and they wouldnt drop to 0, on the day they would release it the price wouldnt drop also because it wouldnt turn out to be a money skill.

Thats pretty much stabbing in the dark.

Those who believe rares dropping in price because of releasing of summoning, are entirely wrong.

The reason people are selling rares in large bulk now, is that the same people don't believe there is a market for them anymore.

THe pricedrop initiated with the launch of trade updates, not the announcement of summoning.

And NONETHELESS, no one is forced to sell rares. The massive sale of rares has pushed the price down, not the announcing of a new skill.

I think that the prices of rares will keep dropping until:

A: They drop in price low enough that more people will want to and be able to buy them at their new low price.

B: Summoning is reasleased and people figure out it's not something they want to spend their money on.

C: A few months after summoning is released, when people have spent enough time and money on summoning and they want their rares back.

I think that C is most likely, but we still need to watch out for A and B. If prices start going up soon, I'l be forced to buy rares before I want to. I hope that dosnt happen... I hope B happens, beacuse I plan on buying a rare or two right before summoning comes out, and it would be nice if they rose right after that :D

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

It's obvious. Rares have been going down because people's incomes have been going down. I'm sick of explaining income elasticity of demand for luxury goods.

Your "obvious" explanation is flawed because (as far as I know) skillers are still making just as much as that they always did and good merchants are probably even making much more than ever before.

Dueling is gone, indeed, but if we remember that dueling is essentially a zero-sum game, it is difficult enough to defend that as a loss of income already, let alone argue it as the main reason for the price decline of rares.

Nah, rares are going down for plenty of reasons, but income elasticity of demand is certainly not among the most important ones, if it is even relevant at all.

Party Hats shall drop down very very slowly. they will be almost stagnant.

Mainly because of market failure due to Jagex' crappy system.

Isn't everyone forgetting those pesky price floors and ceilings? Comrades, Jagex has clipped the wings of the rares market for our own good!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Isn't everyone forgetting those pesky price floors and ceilings? Comrades, Jagex has clipped the wings of the rares market for our own good!

In soviet russia, Partyhat wear you!

Mmmkay.. I bet I could fool you into thinking Mikhail Gorbatjov is still prezzie, ya?

Disk or returning: 7.675m - 8.483m

Pumpkin: 5.99m - 6.62m

Easter Egg: 4.983m - 5.508m

Half Wine: 31.112m - 34.387m

Green Mask: 12.497m - 13.813m

Blue Mask: 17.103m - 18.903m

Red Mask: 28.122m - 31.083m

Santa Hat: 13.260m - 14.655m

Purple Phat: 152m - 168m

Green Phat: 185.25m - 204.75m

Yellow Phat: 175.75m - 194.25m

White Phat: 266m - 294m

Red Phat: 218.5m - 241.5m

Blue Phat: 380m - 420m

Xmas Cracker: 688.75m - 761.25m

Rare prices in the GE as of the 7th Jan 08

Oh i remember when red masks reached around 70m for a short while.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

In soviet russia, Partyhat wear you!

It's Soviet Runescape! The good ole U.S.S.R.S.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?