RWT isn't dead.

user1991

Or anywhere near dead for that matter. What is crippled is gold/item sales, however they are still happening. People are still buying hundreds of mills even with the present system. There are also account sales happening, at an increased rate especially. If you go to one of the numerous cheat sites (not advertising, just saying) you can see that people STILL sell gold, but people have moved onto account sales too.

There is also power levelling to contend with. Most people think that these RWT websites use bots - some actually don't. So in essence it is untraceable, and there are people who are paying to have their accounts levelled, or for money to be made on their account.

This update really wasn't aimed at the entirity of RWT, just the ingame item side to it. Arguably the most important, but as you can see, it is still possible, and people can just pay for other methods too.

/Discuss

EDIT: People asked for some evidence so Ive uploaded these pics..

lolun7.png

againwy9.png

Hey.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they selling gold exactly? And jagex monitors ip adresses. If someone suddenly started logging in 2000 miles away from where they usually do, that might set off some warning flags in jagex's system.

It's possible thru BH. Hard, but possible. Some websites have a cooldown period for logging in. IE, you place your order for someone to train your account, they change pass, train it, then wait 5 days and give you it back. That way, if you're banned you can claim you went there on holiday or something..

Hey.

There's always going to be rule-breakers, but now theres like 95% less :lol:

They all moved over to Everquest and WoW... owned :lol:

Noone "moved" anywhere. You underestimate the size of the business. They were ALREADY on Everquest and WoW. As well as ANY other online MMOG you can think of.

Hey.

Noone "moved" anywhere. You underestimate the size of the business. They were ALREADY on Everquest and WoW. As well as ANY other online MMOG you can think of.

Well the workers that farmed on rs went to WoW and everquest.

soldersig.jpg

It's possible thru BH. Hard, but possible. Some websites have a cooldown period for logging in. IE, you place your order for someone to train your account, they change pass, train it, then wait 5 days and give you it back. That way, if you're banned you can claim you went there on holiday or something..

Indeed, they can claim they were "hacked" or keylogged too.

Most of those "workers" were bots. There are less bots on rs now yes. But really, if you had the money you could buy 100m+ within an hour to be honest. It really is ALIVE AND KICKING.

Hey.

Account trading and power levelling services can still be done ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ but this represents only a fraction of RWT that went on before the update and since the update the majority of RWTÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ers have left RS for greener pastures.

There is not much demand for premade characters in RS (pures are dead), nor power levelling services. It takes so long to gain a few combat levels if you are not allowing the user to access your bank, and there is an enormous risk to take if you allow someone to take hold of your character.

Those 2 types of RWT you mention are not a threat to Jagex at all, whereas bots were.

Most of those "workers" were bots. There are less bots on rs now yes. But really, if you had the money you could buy 100m+ within an hour to be honest. It really is ALIVE AND KICKING.

It may be alive but definetely not kicking

Their main activity was gathering gold ingame and selling it to players. that is now impossible. Gold site still selling gold either are outdated, scamming you out of your cash or will offer you some weird way 99% of the old gold buyers dont wanna hear about (exemple : Let them make gold on your account.. trade 3k every 15 minutes :XD: )

And you must not forget the enormous ammount of consumer support personel at Jagex that was working on banning bots ingame, their team can now move on to something else like account trading tracking.

RWT can pretend to do whatever it wants but it will have so much trouble doing it they will eventually give up (Most of them already did anyway).

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Account trading and power levelling services can still be done ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ but this represents only a fraction of RWT that went on before the update and since the update the majority of RWTÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ers have left RS for greener pastures.

There is not much demand for premade characters in RS (pures are dead), nor power levelling services. It takes so long to gain a few combat levels if you are not allowing the user to access your bank, and there is an enormous risk to take if you allow someone to take hold of your character.

Those 2 types of RWT you mention are not a threat to Jagex at all, whereas bots were.

Gold sales still happen.

Pures won't be dead for long (solo pk comes out next month)

There isn't really a risk if you know what you're doing. These aren't 12 year old kids in their rooms scamming adamant armour for a few K, these are professional businessmen who could care less about what items you have on your account. If you find a REAL site, and not a fake one, providing you pay the right money, they will train whatever you want to ANY level.

Oh and to the above posted, it is harder to trade, but it still happens. People are still selling hundreds of mills thru BH..

Hey.

That about covers it.

I never understand what the point is of these sorts of threads. Just because you cannot eliminate 100% of something, that doesn't mean there's no value in getting rid of 99% of it, and that's what Jagex has done.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

That about covers it.

I never understand what the point is of these sorts of threads. Just because you cannot eliminate 100% of something, that doesn't mean there's no value in getting rid of 99% of it, and that's what Jagex has done.

99% of it hasn't gone. I'd say about 70% of gold sales have gone. Initially, it was higher, but now people are developing methods of trading. Gold shops have reopened, the price of gold remains at $5-6 per mil when it was $4-5 BEFORE these updates. If it were so hard to trade gold, wouldn't the price be higher?

You're just generalising with me here. Go to the sites, have a look for yourself. More and more ex gold sellers who quit when these updates came out are coming back because it IS possible.

Hey.

Quoted for EXTREME truth, on this subject..

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

That about covers it.

99% of it hasn't gone. I'd say about 70% of gold sales have gone. Initially, it was higher, but now people are developing methods of trading. Gold shops have reopened, the price of gold remains at $5-6 per mil when it was $4-5 BEFORE these updates. If it were so hard to trade gold, wouldn't the price be higher?

You're just generalising with me here. Go to the sites, have a look for yourself. More and more ex gold sellers who quit when these updates came out are coming back because it IS possible.

But you just said it went up a dollar per mil...*points at bolded part*

soldersig.jpg

Quoted for EXTREME truth, on this subject..

Well I challenge qeltar to do some research into these companies, how they're run, how they operate etc, as well as independant sellers (norm players) and still make those same claims.

But you just said it went up a dollar per mil...*points at bolded part*

Yeh, but if 99% of RWT had been "eradicated" then you'd expect it to be much much higher. Plus even if RWT could still operate perfectly, prices would be a dollar up cause companies can claim that its harder or something.

Hey.

35488309nl2.png

99% dead you say? They are buying mass amounts of gold even with these new updates.

In fact, if anything, from that picture I can summise that the prices have dropped.

Hey.

99% of it hasn't gone. I'd say about 70% of gold sales have gone.

I'd say you're way off the mark there.

The game used to be overrun with bots. They are now nearly entirely gone. Not 70% of them gone -- close to 100%.

The price of mils before the recent changes was around $3. Now it is $6+ -- that's double. I went to several gold sites and every single one requires you to give your account details. I can assure you that MUCH fewer people are willing to do that than are willing to meet a stranger for an "unbalanced trade".

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. It seems to boil down to "Jagex's effort wasn't perfect so they shouldn't have done it", which is nonsense. Re-read alcoolj's post -- it wasn't all RWT that was the danger here, but a specific type that Jagex has nearly completely eliminated.

And don't forget that the changes aren't over. Some of the current ways of trading gold are based on GE and other flaws that will (hopefully) soon be corrected.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

99% dead you say?

About that.

I know what that site looked like before December, you know.

In fact, if anything, from that picture I can summise that the prices have dropped.

"Buying new black BMW convertible for $15,000, please call 555-1212"!

Wow, look, BMWs are only 15,000 dollars now!

signew2.png

99% of it hasn't gone. I'd say about 70% of gold sales have gone.

I'd say you're way off the mark there.

The game used to be overrun with bots. They are now nearly entirely gone. Not 30% of them gone -- close to 100%.

The price of mils before the recent changes was around $3. Now it is $6+ -- that's double. I went to several gold sites and every single one requires you to give your account details. I can assure you that MUCH fewer people are willing to do that than are willing to meet a stranger for an "unbalanced trade".

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. It seems to boil down to "Jagex's effort wasn't perfect so they shouldn't have done it", which is nonsense. Re-read alcoolj's post -- it wasn't all RWT that was the danger here, but a specific type that Jagex has nearly completely eliminated.

And don't forget that the changes aren't over. Some of the current ways of trading gold are based on GE flaws that will (hopefully) soon be corrected.

It isn't hard to find a legit gold selling website.. Its obvious. If it has live chat with customer support and a phone number for contact, that you can actually use 24/7 and has an approved paypal acc then I very much doubt they're scamming.

My point is not that "Jagex havent done this perfectly so they shouldn't ahve done it". I dont agree with how they did it at all, but that isn't even relevant here. Everyone is talking about it being dead, when it evidently isn't. Im pretty sure there's a problem in there somewhere..

Hey.

99% dead you say?

About that.

I know what that site looked like before December, you know.

"Buying new black BMW convertible for $15,000, please call 555-1212"!

Wow, look, BMWs are only 15,000 dollars now!

That picture was from 5 minutes ago. There is a shop on that site that has sold over 18BIL and is still open, at a one dollar increase in price.

BMWs cant be likened to "gold". It just cant. It's too localised, there are thousands of auto trader sites, but very few cheat forums in comparison. Therefore, if most of the buying is done through the forums, the prices people quote there are generally going to be emulated throughout.

You should know that..

Hey.

That about covers it.

If you know as much about economics as you claim to, then abvously you must know that prices are gauged by supply and demand.

Just because the price is low, dosent automatically mean that supply is getting higher.

When the trade updates happened, alot of the community that left was the people who actually BOUGHT the gold. With the decrease in sellers, AND the decrease in buyers, that would explain why the price is stable at such a low ammount.

Also, I would like to know why your sitting here complaining about the problem, instead of emailing Jagex, explaining the problem, and possible ways to fix it?

PS. You should look at the glass half full. So what millions are still selling. Thats not even 1/10'th of the sales that were going on before the trade updates. Account selling/training isnt something Jagex can ever stop, but they have made a huge ammount of progress, enough to push away alot of the business.

As I believe someone once said on these forums:

To reduce RWT, you dont have to make it impossible to do it, just unprofitable.

There will ALWAYS be ways to RWT, but as long as most of it is gone, its not a problem.

dawnsigblue-3.png

It isn't hard to find a legit gold selling website.. Its obvious. If it has live chat with customer support and a phone number for contact, that you can actually use 24/7 and has an approved paypal acc then I very much doubt they're scamming.

Right, because of course, these are the most honorable and trustworthy people on the planet. :roll:

It doesn't matter how much people try to rationalize how "safe" this is. It is MUCH more risky to give your account details to some stranger 10,000 miles away than it is to just pay money and get traded gold within the game. Period. That difference alone will stop a huge majority of "casual gold buyers".

Now, you claimed that "gold sales still happen", but I don't see it - I only see companies offering to level on existing accounts, or attempting to sell whole accounts. Both of which are ALSO very risky and quite easy to detect.

So yes, I'd say RWT is pretty much dead.

Everyone is talking about it being dead, when it evidently isn't.

It's a matter of degrees. Most of it is dead. That's what matters.

signew2.png

If you know as much about economics as you claim to, then abvously you must know that prices are gauged by supply and demand.

Just because the price is low, dosent automatically mean that supply is getting higher.

When the trade updates happened, alot of the community that left was the people who actually BOUGHT the gold. With the decrease in sellers, AND the decrease in buyers, that would explain why the price is stable at such a low ammount.

Also, I would like to know why your sitting here complaining about the problem, instead of emailing Jagex, explaining the problem, and possible ways to fix it?

PS. You should look at the glass half full. So what millions are still selling. Thats not even 1/10'th of the sales that were going on before the trade updates. Account selling/training isnt something Jagex can ever stop, but they have made a huge ammount of progress, enough to push away alot of the business.

As I believe someone once said on these forums:

To reduce RWT, you dont have to make it impossible to do it, just unprofitable.

There will ALWAYS be ways to RWT, but as long as most of it is gone, its not a problem.

1) It's not 1/10th. That was a small section of the forum I screenied. Just go there, have a look.

2) Jagex can stop account trading/training.

3) How do you know I haven't emailed them? Really, have you got me keylogged or something :roll:

4) It is profitable. The biggest gold sellers are still in the business. The people who sold 1-2m no longer do it, cause it's too much effort. If you're selling billions of gold, it doesn't matter. Raise the price and you make the same amount as you did before.

My point is, if Jagex are going to remove a hell of a lot of content from the game in the name of "destroying RWT" - they better well destroy it.

Hey.

That picture was from 5 minutes ago. There is a shop on that site that has sold over 18BIL and is still open, at a one dollar increase in price.

You mean R2Peasant? Yawn. He whined like a little baby after the December announcement and shut down. Then he reopened to exploit a flaw, and now says he may have to shut down again because Jagex fixed it.

Is his business "alive"? Just barely. Does it come close to approaching what RWT was like before? Not even close.

BMWs cant be likened to "gold".

Good grief. I wasn't saying they were similar, my point is that anyone can offer to buy something for any price they want -- it doesn't mean a damned thing unless someone is willing to sell.

signew2.png