RWT isn't dead.

user1991

It isn't hard to find a legit gold selling website.. Its obvious. If it has live chat with customer support and a phone number for contact, that you can actually use 24/7 and has an approved paypal acc then I very much doubt they're scamming.

Right, because of course, these are the most honorable and trustworthy people on the planet. :roll:

It doesn't matter how much people try to rationalize how "safe" this is. It is MUCH more risky to give your account details to some stranger 10,000 miles away than it is to just pay money and get traded gold within the game. Period. That difference alone will stop a huge majority of "casual gold buyers".

Now, you claimed that "gold sales still happen", but I don't see it - I only see companies offering to level on existing accounts, or attempting to sell whole accounts. Both of which are ALSO very risky and quite easy to detect.

So yes, I'd say RWT is pretty much dead.

Everyone is talking about it being dead, when it evidently isn't.

It's a matter of degrees. Most of it is dead. That's what matters.

Initially, sites took their gold services offline. In the past 3-4 days lots have come back online. I'm not saying Jagex haven't done any damage here. They have, just not as much as they or everyone else is saying. As I said earlier, when you do something like remove the wild/create unbalanced trading in such a rash and rushed way, you better make sure that you actually do what you set out to do. RWT is coming back, whether you like it or not. You can deny it all you like. Matter of fact, wait a month, and providing there are no updates from Jagex to do with BH or anything, there will be MANY more gold sellers.

Hey.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It's not 1/10th. That was a small section of the forum I screenied. Just go there, have a look.

I'm there right now. The part of the forum used for gold selling has a grand total of SEVEN active threads in the last 24 hours. Why are you BSing us with this stuff?

4) It is profitable. The biggest gold sellers are still in the business. The people who sold 1-2m no longer do it, cause it's too much effort. If you're selling billions of gold, it doesn't matter. Raise the price and you make the same amount as you did before.

Only if you can find a way to do the transactions. As I already said, these companies are NOT selling gold as they did before, they are trying to get people to let them make gold on their accounts. If you can't understand why that difference is important to Jagex, you're in way over your head.

My point is, if Jagex are going to remove a hell of a lot of content from the game in the name of "destroying RWT" - they better well destroy it.

They have.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You can deny it all you like.

Until you stop talking smack and provide some evidence, I intend to.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

It's called supply and demand. When the supply goes UP the price goes DOWN. When the demand goes DOWN the price goes DOWN. Jagex didn't make it harder to get mills to sell. They made it harder to sell them. More mills piling up means a lower price. I'm surprised you didn't realise this yourself.

And would you mind including the post time/date in the following image so we can judge how recent this is? Because for all we know, that picture could be 2 months old.

Picture:

35488309nl2.png

Good grief. I wasn't saying they were similar, my point is that anyone can offer to buy something for any price they want -- it doesn't mean a damned thing unless someone is willing to sell.

Well your analogy wasn't accurate. Runescape sales are limited to a few cheat sites, therefore prices there will not range anywhere near as much and will generally be the same. The same can't be said for cars.

Why are you even arguing this with me.. Why don't we talk about the ACTUAL issues here. RWT has been hit, it isnt dead, it's coming back, and if Jagex dont do something quick it will increase rapidly.

You can't just remove huge areas of the game in the name of "destroying RWT", but then proceed to let it recover and prosper until it is again an emergency for Jagex.

Hey.

Why are you even arguing this with me.. Why don't we talk about the ACTUAL issues here. RWT has been hit, it isnt dead, it's coming back, and if Jagex dont do something quick it will increase rapidly.

I think he's arguing because he thinks your "actual issues" are wrong, that RWT has been affectively killed, not just hampered.

I'm inclined to agree with him, Jagex staff have probably spent hundreds of combined hours looking for possible ways around the system. I don't think a handfull of gold sellers have found a way around it that Jagex missed.

Edit: Bounty hunter seems far too unpredictable of a way to do it. My opinion is it's a scamming site, or they are willing to spend 5 hours losing cash to random players again and again untill they get lucky enough to have the right person win.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My point is, if Jagex are going to remove a hell of a lot of content from the game in the name of "destroying RWT" - they better well destroy it.

Oh, well that answer is simple. They cant.

MMORPG's and RWT walk hand in hand. It is impossible to remove one without removing the other. The only way to 100% erridicate RWT is to make everything untradeable, no social interaction, and make no competition. And without those, its not a MMORPG.

If you look, all the MMORPG's suffer from this problem, and really theres no way to get around it. Jagex has done the best they can do without sacraficing all the social "fun" parts of the game.

The solution? Encourage people to stop buying gold. But as far as 100% "removal", its just not possible.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Oh and here you go:

evhe0.png

Site sells for $6 per mill.

Well jagex are obviously going to fix that then, jagex aren't 2 10 year olds making a game on their parent's computer you know.

And bounty hunter may work for a few trades, but once alot of gold selling sites start using it, it will get far too crowded. I say we all go to bounty hunter and loot millions.

Oh and here you go:

evhe0.png

Well jagex are obviously going to fix that then.

And bounty hunter may work for a few trades, but once alot of gold selling sites start using it, it will get far too crowded.

The fact bounty hunter can only be played on specific worlds makes me think it's too crowed already.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Nope, look

againwm5.png

againwm5.3acff9a161.jpg

Lets benefit from this situation and start a bounty hunter clan that looks for rwters then, free 1b plox?

To be perfectly honest, we'd probably get perm banned.

Hey.

To be perfectly honest, we'd probably get perm banned.

So you are agreeing that rwt is dead now?

No. It doesn't matter if we would get banned. These companies are still making money off it and people are still buying. Plus we were talking about a 1bil trade.. Thats obvious. If it were like 10m, then probably not.

Hey.

Oh and here you go:

evhe0.png

It is possible through BH, but its taking a risk of someone else taking your gold. So that might just discourage the buyers to paying for the gold.

Look at the second picture.. They have many accounts to protect buyers

Hey.

No. It doesn't matter if we would get banned. These companies are still making money off it and people are still buying. Plus we were talking about a 1bil trade.. Thats obvious. If it were like 10m, then probably not.

So what, why does it bother you so much?

So what, why does it bother you so much?

Because Jagex have removed the wild/ubtrading and staking in the name of destroying RWT when theyve only crippled it slightly. People still have the unfair advantage, and as an added bonus, half of our old game is gone.

Hey.

Because Jagex have removed the wild/ubtrading and staking in the name of destroying RWT when theyve only crippled it slightly. People still have the unfair advantage, and as an added bonus, half of our old game is gone.

Only crippled it slightly? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

There are 8 bh worlds, go look at all of them and see how many of these real world trades are going on, i just looked all over 4 of the bh worlds and there were only normal pkers - Back before the updates i'm willing to bet there were hundreds of rwts going on every hour or so.

And you say half of "our" game is gone(It isn't our's btw), if half of runescape to you was benefiting from another player's loss(that's exactly what unbalanced trade is) then that's your problem.

I'm so sorry you can nolonger buy gold, scam, "hack" accounts for their items and droptrade items between accounts.

Only crippled it slightly? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

There are 8 bh worlds, go look at all of them and see how many of these real world trades are going on, i just looked all over 4 of the bh worlds and there were only normal pkers - Back before the updates i'm willing to bet there were hundreds of rwts going on every hour or so.

And you say half of "our" game is gone(It isn't our's btw), if half of runescape to you was benefiting from another player's loss(that's exactly what unbalanced trade is) then that's your problem.

I'm so sorry you can nolonger buy gold, scam, "hack" accounts for their items and droptrade items between accounts.

What? LOL. I gave away over 200m ATLEAST to friends when I was on RS. Stop making wild assumptions. Just cause you're a cold, lonely, callous individual who doesn't have an ounce of generosity in their blood, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Oh and, finally you can shutup:

alsdlaxs4.png

alsdlaxs4.e4bd5c101c.jpg

They can transfer gold.

They can transfer any amount of gold

They have an army of people to protect buyers

And they haven't lost much business

Would you consider that dead? Please, stop living in your little dream world with fairies and pixies and actually look at what is happening. You went to bounty hunter - I am talking to the head of one of the BIGGEST gold selling sites, he employs 100+ gold farmers, 30+ powerlevellers - yet you claim I dont know what im talking about, and you do?

Furthermore you accuse me of hacking/scamming/RWTing without a shred of evidence, complete wild guessing. MY POINT HERE is that if youre going to remove the wild/ubtrading/staking THEN YOU HAVE TO DO IT PROPERLY. I am against RWT.

Hey.

I think he's arguing because he thinks your "actual issues" are wrong, that RWT has been affectively killed, not just hampered.

I'm inclined to agree with him, Jagex staff have probably spent hundreds of combined hours looking for possible ways around the system. I don't think a handfull of gold sellers have found a way around it that Jagex missed.

But think of some of the past bugs Jagex missed; the Construction PK bug for one? Also consider how poorly these updates were implemented, the GE has some items priced wrong, the Duel Tournament really doesn't function, and BH has turned into a numbers contest.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?