The best monsters to kill for each charm color

Solidus_77

Just a little correction to the first post, they are known as Abyssal charms, not Obsidian charms. Oh, and they aren't Obsidian monsters either.

Basically, replace Obsidian with Abyssal.

I can't help you with drop rates at the moment, currently ftp, sorry!

There are obsidian charms, they're dropped by the 149's in in tzhaar caves but they don't have any use and aren't listed because they're more than likely for summoning one of the new creatures we'll get in feb.

I don't know where it's at but somewhere in this forum I saw someone post a screenie of it and a few people confirmed.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know waterfiends are the best for crimson charms in the game. I am not giving away any of the methods however. I am not lying as I have gotten about 30 crimson charms in the last 30 minutes or so.

Getting another sig

[removed]

AND the cat is out of the bag. -.- Oh well, lasted long enough.

Fighting rock lobsters is the best way to obtain crimson charms in the game. It's 3 times as fast as waterfiends.

As soon as i found out i posted/told people in irc. No point being selfish and not telling people and most people don't have the money to magic down here often enough nor would they be bothered 2 get down to them

Actually there is a point in being selfish because I get stuff and others don't. If I find a master strategy I feel no regrets keeping it to myself. You think the squabbling mob of sheer idiocy and ungrateful morons deserve being told the master strategy? Like you said, they couldn't be bothered to go down there themselves so it's no point wasting my breath telling them. And if I really was a selfish person then how come I made a thread with a list of all the other best charm droppers? Mutual Gain of course, however I am helping people out nonetheless.

This case, however, is a bit different and you've got quite some nerve calling me selfish even though you have no idea of the circumstances. A friend of mine gave me the secret and I swore not to tell anyone till the cat was out of the bag. When I make promises to people, I have the intention of keeping them. Is that considered being "selfish"? To keep a secret.

thank god some1 agrees with me, tell people and it ruins it for every1 ffs.

Its not suffering if you dont know of a better way

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Oh so I could show you all the monsters on a wide spectrum that are all great at dropping charms but as long as I don't present you with THE one and only fastest method, everything else is negated? The classic mentality of never being satisfied by anything but the very best. I would love to bash that kind of mentality...

Unless my eyes decieve me this thread is called "The best monsters to kill for each charm color" not "The monsters that get you a decent amount of charms, not the one that gets you the best amount of charms because I like to keep that info to myself"

I love how you quote it yet misread it anyways. It's monsters. Plural. This is a LIST of monsters, not "the name of the best charm dropper is:______".

Also, your title implies that rock lobsters are the only best way to get crimson charms when that is far from being the case due to level, cost and area restrictions being at their highest.

It is quite annoying to get to them, and even once I'm here it doesn't seem that much faster. Probably because I'm not killing them quickly. I assume people were only getting those rates because of the method they used to kill them?

Melee protect, run down the hill, run back up and stick to the wall away from the ladder, which should keep most of the rock lobsters stuck on a dip in the wall.

I've seen people doing that for days. :roll: Saw this at least 5 times going DKing

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Oh so I could show you all the monsters on a wide spectrum that are all great at dropping charms but as long as I don't present you with THE one and only fastest method, everything else is negated? The classic mentality of never being satisfied by anything but the very best. I would love to bash that kind of mentality...

Unless my eyes decieve me this thread is called "The best monsters to kill for each charm color" not "The monsters that get you a decent amount of charms, not the one that gets you the best amount of charms because I like to keep that info to myself"

I love how you quote it yet misread it anyways. It's monsters. Plural. This is a LIST of monsters, not "the name of the best charm dropper is:______".

Also, your title implies that rock lobsters are the only best way to get crimson charms when that is far from being the case due to level, cost and area restrictions being at their highest.

It is quite annoying to get to them, and even once I'm here it doesn't seem that much faster. Probably because I'm not killing them quickly. I assume people were only getting those rates because of the method they used to kill them?

Getting all the lobsters on you then ancienting them all at once.

I'm right here

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3418/08jan21091619lz5.png

It seems to be working okay, but it's risky with having to go into daggy/spino area. How do you get to the spot shown in that 1 pic? I can't find it.

Glitch in your pic? :-s

To get to where all the other people are you need to run to where you go down the ladder to the kings, but don't go down. Run past the ladder and to the north. Go up a couple ladders and you will find yourself at some more rock lobsters. :-w

Thanks, I never even saw that ladder before, I've never been back that far :uhh:

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008