training summoning cheaply.

spinster444

i feel the best animal to train summoning cheaply (relatively) is the war tortoise. The tortoise costs ONE shard (50 gp) and a gold (common) charm thing, and a giant tortoise shell (kill giant tortoises on the gnome battlefield, they are relatively low combat, and attack with pretty weak attacks, i recomend whatever the max def bonuses you can get and still have positive mage)

there's the slight catch of the tortoise requiring 67 summoning to get

they provide 58.6 xp per tortoise pouch...

this works out to OVER 1 XP PER GOLD SPENT (1.172 actually)

the people saying this will costs 200m for 99..

think again, probably under 50!

lovin%20life.png

i feel the best animal to train summoning cheaply (relatively) is the war tortoise. The tortoise costs ONE shard (50 gp) and a gold (common) charm thing, and a giant tortoise shell (kill giant tortoises on the gnome battlefield, they are relatively low combat, and attack with pretty weak attacks, i recomend whatever the max def bonuses you can get and still have positive mage)

there's the slight catch of the tortoise requiring 67 summoning to get

they provide 58.6 xp per tortoise pouch...

this works out to OVER 1 XP PER GOLD SPENT (1.172 actually)

the people saying this will costs 200m for 99..

think again, probably under 50!

But tortoise shells are kinda uncommon...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

They will be crowded soon enough.

Tortoises have 120 HP. Training on them at 50K an hour means you can only kill about 60 an hour.

Shells aren't 100% drop either.

I estimate shells will cost 1-2K ea. They are already 800 ea anyway.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I was once in search of cabbages from those monsters. They drop noted cabbages, 30-50. Anyway, I must have killed 800. Maybe, 35 shells? Not good, terribly slow. I got 15k cabbages, tho <3:

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I dont think the main problem is money, I think the problem is the charms.

I agree. Increase the number of charms we get by a TON and this skill would be OH so much more fun.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

I will be stunned if that does not turn out to have been a typo.

Don't get your hopes up.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Oh qeltar^^^^ so dark =(

sad thing is i bet you're right....

p.s. i love your site, its very well thought out

i wasn't aware the shells weren't 100% drop

as every tortoise i've killed has dropped a shell

however, this is a very cheap method of training summoning, similar, as someone mentioned to making limestone things in a house. it is by no means the fastest, but it helps remove the painful 200M cost some were suggesting

yes, they will get crowded. yes, it wont be a 100% drop, but it is cheap, which was all i was researching

sometime soon i'll do the cheapest way to 99 summoning...

its not really that hard, you just look for whatever has the lowest amount of shards (usually)

does anyone know how rare daganoth hides are? how many you can get an hour? anything like that..

lovin%20life.png

Don't know about how quickly you get them from dagannoth, but one of the higher level implings (magpies?) gives up dag hides as loot when you catch them. It seemed like I frequently got about 10-12 hides for every inventory's worth of magpie/ninja implings.

"Duty, then, is the sublimest word in the English language. If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself." ~ Robert E. Lee

gz_sijan.png

I will be stunned if that does not turn out to have been a typo.

Don't get your hopes up.

I know I won't. Since, for all intensive purposes, this skill appears to be a storm drain for gp, tortoise summonings probably have some hidden catch...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

67 summoning actually...

and hmm.. if dag hides are reasonable to get.. they'd be a viable (infact, much better) xp per gp spent

Spirit terrorbirds arent bad either at about 8.8 gp per xp

leaving it comparable to high expense skills, assuming you can make your way up to 52 in the first place

raw bird meat is readily available from charter traders if i recall

103rd to 99 farming

from 82 summoning there's also the spirit dagannoth method,

1 crimson charm, 1 spirit shard (50gp), and a dagannoth hide

if you get the hides urself it costs 50gp and making the pouch gives 364.8 exp, you'd have to get 82 summon first though so up until then it would be expensive, althought it seems any method for 99 summon is expensive =[

2vuhgcn.png

indeed it seems like it will be a rather expensive skill to train at all quickly..

for those willing to put in time (collecting shells/hides) the price is lowered, in exchange for added time...

to me the skill seems well rounded, except you get almost no xp for actually using your creature...

lovin%20life.png

I had bought 400 tortoise shells before the update because I knew they would be used 8-)

how u knew that? summoning - animals - tortoise shell is animalisk?

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

A few seem to have low shard counts...

Bull ant 40 Spirit shard x 11 Gold charm Marigolds 52.8

Spirit terrorbird 52 Spirit shard x 12 Gold charm Raw bird meat 68.4

Barker toad 66 Spirit shard x 10 Gold charm Bloated toad 87

War tortoise 67 Spirit shard x 1 Gold charm Tortoise shell 58.6

Arctic bear 71 Spirit shard x 14 Gold charm Polar kebbit fur 93.2

Spirit dagannoth 82 Spirit shard x 1 Crimson charm Dagannoth hide 364.8

Rune minotaur 86 Spirit shard x 1 Blue charm Runite bar 756.8

Until the last two, it was looking like only gold charm ones had low shards

One thing though, gold charm creatures seem to be low XP for their level.

Blue charm creatures are high XP, and though they need a lot of shards (except the Rune minotaur) the other component is often a simple metal bar.