PoorLepRecon

Zaaps1: 14

Kcdragon8116: 12

A_Local_Guy: 11

Riku3220: 10

Demoliboy2: 10

TtanT: 10

Mckinzy5: 9

Those are the final standings. Good job everyone.

Next tournament probably won't be until mid June. We arn't going to rush immediatly into the next one.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Great job everyone! Had some really good matches :)

A tournament might be fun to try.... maybe I'll look into the next one. Does it matter which version I have (I have HeartGold).

Although, I only just beat the Elite Four. Fight with Lance was epic :ugeek: 30 minutes of being at a complete disadvantage on my part. For his first Dragonite, I ended up just healing [garden tool]-Oh until he ran out of PP and I could attack >_> All my pokemon were at least 5 levels lower. BUT I DID IT.

We use shoddy battle, which is a small java download. No games required.

That's handy :)

Congratulations Zaaps! :thumbsup:

After lots and lots of breeding and catching many pokemon, I think I finally have a good Scyther. Do I?

31 IV in Attack and Speed. Will turn her into Scizor with 252 EV in Attack, 252 EV in Speed and 6 EV in speed.

Nature: Adamant

Attacks so far (but all of them will be changed):

Quick Attack ; Leer ; False Swipe ; Endure

What does OU, UU , BL and NU mean?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I'll begin by posting mine then:

[hide]

Hulk (Machamp) @ Lum Berry

252 At/ 104 HP / 152 Def

FirePunch

IcePunch

Dynamic Punch

Sub

Anti-Wall/Anti-Lead/Anti Tyranitar basicly, the lack of speed may hurt him, but the defences make up for it.

Dante (Charizard) @ Salac berry

252 At/ 252 Spe/ 4 def

Sub

BellyDrum

FirePunch

Equake

The crux of my team; a nice surprise and able to pull full sweeps even against some scarfed foes.

Shinespark (Starmie) @ Leftovers

252 spe/ 252 SAt / 4 HP

Thunderbolt

Ice Beam

Surf

Rapid Spin

Mixed special sweeper and back up support for Dante (Mainly for SR, but also for tocxis spikes, dont care about reg spikes) Can pull awesome sweeps (ie: my match against mckinzy)

Thor (Dragonite) @ Leftovers

252 SpeDef/ 104 Att/ 152 HP

Roost

Heal Bell

DragonClaw

DragonDance

Clericnite is amazing, and i specially love DD'ing 6 turns in walls just to completely sweep afterwards, even against metal foes. Also a mixed support. Heal bell is to prevent flinchkiss to ruin it. Also a special wall

Kraken (Gyarados)@Leftovers

152 Def/ 252 Att/ 104 HP

DragonDance

Waterfall

StoneEdge/Equake

IceFang

Sometimes i use Equake, others Stone Edge. A good Physical wall nonetheless, and after 3 DD's it decimates everything pretty much.

Neon (scizor) @Choice Band/Scarf

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

U-Turn

BulletPunch

BrickBreak/Super Power

Pursuit

Scouter and semi Physical wall, i don't bring im out much though and i might replace him for Gengar or something else. Too vulnerable to a proeminent type: Fire

[/hide]

So, what do you all think?

Reposting my team so i can make a few improvements:

I was thinking of replacing charizard for another physical sweeper, preferably with a fire attack, and with that out of the way i could take away starmie since i don't need rapid spin anymore.

I was thinking maybe replacing Charizard for Lucario and Starmie for either Gengar or another Water Sweeper.

Any suggestions?

Scizor is better with 252HP if you're giving it Choice Band. If it's going to be Swords Dance, keep the 252speed.

I might take part in a future one, got no competitive pokemon at the moment as I'm too busy trying to train up to beat Red :P Someone will have to explain all the Shoddy and Smogon server stuff to me though :oops:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

What does OU, UU , BL and NU mean?

OU, BL, UU, and NU refer to the tier each pokemon is in during competitive play. OU is over used, BL is borderline, UU is under used, and NU is never used. Pokemon such as Scizor, Kingdra, Swampert, etc are OU. Pokemon such as Ariados or Beedrill are NU.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I see, but should i still need to find a competent physical sweeper with short set-up and a good water sweeper, yet i can't seem to find them :?

Lucario. After one Swords Dance, Lucario can OHKO almost EVERY pokemon in the OU tier, including every water type, unless they choice scarf.

Yes, if you want to use the same team.

I see, but should i still need to find a competent physical sweeper with short set-up and a good water sweeper, yet i can't seem to find them :?

Lucario. After one Swords Dance, Lucario can OHKO almost EVERY pokemon in the OU tier, including every water type, unless they choice scarf.

Except Gliscor, but a +2 Extremespeed isn't doing more than 55% anyways.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Yeah, almost every pokemon. There are a few others too, like gyarados after intimidate.

Yeah, almost every pokemon. There are a few others too, like gyarados after intimidate.

Yeah, it'll depend too much on what that last move it runs is. Gyarados works if it doesn't run Stone Edge, for instance. Unless you decide to scarf it or something.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Rotom can breed with Ditto and only Ditto.

Yeah, it'll depend too much on what that last move it runs is. Gyarados works if it doesn't run Stone Edge, for instance. Unless you decide to scarf it or something.

Waterfall can KO.

Pretty much everything can KO Lucario, remember that it's defenses drastically drop after just one CC.

Idk if anyone else has been noticing this but...Machamp's No Guard hasn't been working on shoddy recently. My Dynamicpunch missed a few times.