Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Yes, there's almost nothing that isn't 2hko'd by Salamence. (Although Shuca Heatran DOES survive an Earthquake, it does not after getting hit by Draco Meteor.) That's why you double switch though. Switch to Heatran to take the Meteor, then switch to Flygon, Gyarados, etc. for the Earthquake. If he decides to stay in, you get a KO. If not, next time he switches in he's at <50% health, and tbh you took less than 50% damage from Mence's attacks/residual damage (if you used Flygon).

Also, Ice Shard Donphan can take any physical attacks MixMence throws at it. It can also survive a Draco Meteor on the switch. Pretty solid counter imo, too bad it isn't used nearly enough to be a Salamence check.

Yes, there's almost nothing that isn't 2hko'd by Salamence. (Although Shuca Heatran DOES survive an Earthquake, it does not after getting hit by Draco Meteor.) That's why you double switch though. Switch to Heatran to take the Meteor, then switch to Flygon, Gyarados, etc. for the Earthquake. If he decides to stay in, you get a KO. If not, next time he switches in he's at <50% health, and tbh you took less than 50% damage from Mence's attacks/residual damage (if you used Flygon).

Also, Ice Shard Donphan can take any physical attacks MixMence throws at it. It can also survive a Draco Meteor on the switch. Pretty solid counter imo, too bad it isn't used nearly enough to be a Salamence check.

And Donphan really can't do much as a Rapid Spinner either, he can't threaten ghosts that block it easily, especially Rotom or Dusknoir, who shuts him down with a fast burn.

The main problem I find with Stealth Rock though is that someone could carry an offensive Rapid Spinner like Starmie and nullify the damage from switchins. Note that most teams won't carry a way of keeping SR on the field beyond getting up in the first few turns, and a sizeable amount of teams won't even carry a ghost-type. If SR is out of the way, then a lot of things that could revenge mence fail to do so badly, like Scizor, who can only revenge him after SR+LO damage.

And Starmie is probably the best Rapid Spinner ever. Gengar or Rotom think they can stop it? They run the risk of being outsped/OHKOed by a swift Hydro Pump.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Unrelated but funny:

[hide]

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

a_local_guy sent out Ninjask (lvl 100 Ninjask ?).

PRIME5 sent out Jynx (lvl 100 Jynx ?).

PRIME5 switched in Cacturne (lvl 100 Cacturne ?).

Ninjask used Swords Dance.

Ninjask's attack was sharply raised.

Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its speed!

---

Ninjask used Aerial Ace.

It's super effective!

Cacturne lost 100% of its health.

PRIME5's Cacturne fainted.

Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its speed!

---

PRIME5 has left the room.

a_local_guy wins!

[/hide]

Can say that's the shortest match I've ever had.

Rocco I'm online atm. Spend me a challenge on Smogon to wake me up, then let's hop to CAP.

And Donphan really can't do much as a Rapid Spinner either, he can't threaten ghosts that block it easily, especially Rotom or Dusknoir, who shuts him down with a fast burn.

The main problem I find with Stealth Rock though is that someone could carry an offensive Rapid Spinner like Starmie and nullify the damage from switchins. Note that most teams won't carry a way of keeping SR on the field beyond getting up in the first few turns, and a sizeable amount of teams won't even carry a ghost-type. If SR is out of the way, then a lot of things that could revenge mence fail to do so badly, like Scizor, who can only revenge him after SR+LO damage.

And Starmie is probably the best Rapid Spinner ever. Gengar or Rotom think they can stop it? They run the risk of being outsped/OHKOed by a swift Hydro Pump.

Hell, I wouldn't use a spinner outside of Starmie or perhaps Claydol.

Hitmontop and Donphan are quality rapid spinners in UU. Forretress is OK since it's only job is to support the team anyway. I'd prefer, if possible, to just not let SR up instead of wasting a Starmie turn on Rapid Spin with that special move pool it has.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I won the match, was really close on a number of occasions.

1 Ultimania v. A_Local_Guy

2 Bye = Buzzcut3

3 Demoliboy2 v. Riku3220

4 Run4Runes v. Omnitech

5 Squareroot2 v. Zaaps1

6 Kcdragon8116 v. Roccodog25

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Oh yes, this will be a good fight ;)

You know when I'm usually on, right?

EDIT: I won

Run4Runes v. Omnitech

This match needs to be completed. After this round is over, you have 4 days from the time that I post the match to complete your match. If you don't, you'll receive 0 points and we'll move on to the next round.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!