Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

1 A Local Guy v. Buzzcut3

2 Ultimania v. Riku3220

3 Bye - Omnitec

4 Demoliboy2 v. Zaaps1

5 Run4runes v. Roccodog25

6 Squareroot2 v. Kcdragon8116

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Won against demo, was a good game.

Double post, I am aware, but there was a titanic amount of imformation dumped on serebii about Black and White :thumbup:

[hide]In The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White

The final details from CoroCoro have come out and have provided the details for all 7 Pokémon within the magazine. For other details, check the previous couple of updates. We'll update this as we do more translations. Please bear with us. Thanks to yaminokame for assistance on the translations.

* Details for the Pokémon are out

o First, we have Kibago (キバゴ), the Tusk Pokémon. It is 0.6m tall and weighs 18kg. It has the abilities of Rivalry & Mold Breaker and is a Dragon-type Pokémon. It also has a new attack called Double Chop (ダブルチョップ) which attacks twice

o Next is Koromori (コロモリ). It is the Bat Pokémon. It is 0.4m tall and weighs 2.1kg. It has the abilities of Unaware & Klutz and is a Psychic/Flying-type Pokémon. It also has a new attack called Heart Stamp (ハートスタンプ) which makes the opponent Flinch.

o Next is Minezumi (ミネズミ). It is the Lookout Pokémon. It is 0.5m tall and weighs 11.6kg. It has the abilities of Run Away & Keen Eye and is a Normal-type Pokémon. It also has a new attack called You First (おさきにどうぞ) which allows the opponent to move first

o Next is Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル). It is the Celestial Body Pokémon. It is 1.5m tall and weighs 44kg. It has the ability of Frisk and is a Psychic-type Pokémon. It has the new attack Magic Room (マジックルーム) which negates the effects of any Items on both you and the opponent for 5 turns..

o Next is Rankurusu (ランクルス). It is the Amplification Pokémon. It is 1.0m tall and weighs 20.1kg. It has the abilities of Dust-Proof (ぼうじん), which makes the Pokémon not take damage from weather effects & Magic Guard and is a Psychic-type Pokémon.

o Next is Wooguru (ウォーグル ), possibly derived from War and Eagle. It is the Valor Pokémon, it is 1.5m tall, weighs 41kg and is a standard Normal/Flying-type Pokémon. It has two abilities, one of them Keen Eye and the other is Encourage, the ability Hihidaruma has which boosts the power of its moves but prevents the moves having a secondary effect. It also has a new attack called Free-Fall (フリーフォール). Free-Fall is a two turn attack that has the Pokémon grab the opponent and lift it into the air and then on the next turn falls to the ground

o Next is Musharna (ムシャーナ ), the evolution of the Pokémon Munna. It is the Trance Pokémon. It is 1.1m tall and weighs 60.5kg. It has the abilities of Forewarn & Synchronize and is a Psychic-type Pokémon. Both Munna & Musharna give off the Dream Smoke. As explained on Sunday, the Dream Smoke is part of the Global Link connectivity.

* Triple Battles First, we have details on the Triple battles, showing how you can target with the middle Pokémon being able to target all three Pokémon and the ones at the sides being able to target the opposite one and the middle one. You also have the ability to switch Pokémon positions in battle.

If a Pokémon in the middle uses an attack that hits all Pokémon, then it will be very powerful

* There is a new ability called Telepathy (テレパシー) which allows the Pokémon to avoid receiving damage from its team-mates.

* There is also a new attack, name currently not given, which will cause all your team mates to avoid damage from attacks that would hurt all team members such as Earthquake.

* Global Link The Global Link has two modes. One, where your Pokémon play in a dream and another is an online battling system. It appears that you have the ability to capture Pokémon not in the Isshu Dex within the Global Link and have them transferred back to your game. This can be done in the dream mode. As we said on Sunday, you access the Global Link when you have Musharna, the evolution of Munna.

o The Game Sync is accessible through the C Gear. Here, you can send a single Pokémon to the computer and the "dream world".

o In the world of dreams Pokémon have their own rooms that they can play in. They can play minigames with other Pokémon. Pokémon that your Pokémon becomes friends with in the dream world can be taken back to the real world

o If you are registed to the PGL, then you can play "Rating Mode" of "Random Match" at to the global terminal inside of the Pokémon center. It will send your battle results to a server gather them so you can see who is really strong.

* Version Changes Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are Version exclusives and Black City & White forest are in the same part of Isshu.

* There will also be other cities that vary in appearance based on your game

* Features Using Infared, you have the ability of having speedy battles. This can be 2 or 4 Player. You can also trade this way on the spot from your box. You can automatically exchange friend codes over IR

* You have the ability to draw on your friends faces over the Live Caster video chat. Characters in game will also call you on the Live Caster from time to time

* There is also a gentleman in the game which will switch your game from the standard Hiragana/Katakana text to Kanji

* There is a feature called Feeling Check that checks players compatibility. One of the things it shows is a game where two people have to keep the same rythmn

* The High Link features mentioned yesterday have also been further confirmed and will involve meeting players over WiFi in the Isshu overworld and doing missions for them. This is as close to a MMORPG as we'll get

* The C Gear as we knew has abilities in InfraRed, Wireless & WiFi

* Characters Professor Araragi gives you the Pokémon and says for you to share with your friends, Cheren & Belle

* It seems that you, Belle and Cheren all get the starters from Professor Araragi, leaving none left out as all of you are beginning your journey together.

* Belle is a spontaneous person and is on her adventure against her father's wishes. She is rather unreliable.

* Cheren is an intelligent guy and will give you helpful tips throughout your journey. He intends to be the champion in Isshu.

* Indicating that Isshu is far away, the routes have once again reset and will begin with Route 1

* N is one of the antagonists. N will keep coming to challenge you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokémon "Friends", but one of the screen shots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokémon and divide them so it's black and white. He has the unique idea to set Pokémon free from people. He's looking for the power to bring his idea to fruition

* Makomo will give you the C Gear after you assist her with a task

[/hide]

The first pure AND final evolution dragon type? o_O

I also heard something about Encourage preventing recoil, as it can be argued as a "secondary effect". I doubt that though, but STAB Double-Edge and Brave Bird boosted by Encourage and with no recoil would own.

Then if it had something like Close Combat like Staraptor has, certainly can see it playing very well in OU unless its stats totally fail. CC wouldn't even drop its defenses, adding to the fun.

Have you guys ever done a Nuzlocke Challenge? It's pretty much Pokemon on hard mode The rules to do it are:

-If your Pokemon faints, you must release it. Even your starter.

-You may only catch the first Pokemon you meet on any given route, city, cave, or area such as the Safari Zone

-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon (First couple of routes are exempt until you get your Pokeball) you meet then tough luck, you get no Pokemon from that area.

-You must nickname every Pokemon you catch. Having a personal attachment to your Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, or Bidoof makes the pain that much harder when you lose it.

-Some people like to add extra challenges such as no healing items, only 1 Pokemon center visit, or no buying Pokeballs. Feel free to add any rule to make it harder.

I'm running this on Diamond at the moment. Should be interesting.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Have you guys ever done a Nuzlocke Challenge? It's pretty much Pokemon on hard mode The rules to do it are:

-You may only catch the first Pokemon you meet on any given route, city, cave, or area such as the Safari Zone

-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon (First couple of routes are exempt until you get your Pokeball) you meet then tough luck, you get no Pokemon from that area.

-You must nickname every Pokemon you catch. Having a personal attachment to your Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, or Bidoof makes the pain that much harder when you lose it.

-Some people like to add extra challenges such as no healing items, only 1 Pokemon center visit, or no buying Pokeballs. Feel free to add any rule to make it harder.

To be fair, you don't have to release it, but you can just leave it in a PC box labelled "Dead". Easier for when you need to keep that one shiny you came across.

It's almost too easy on the DPPt games though, since you do have access to Infernape...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I won my matchup with Riku. Gg.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Ultimania won. I'm doing terrible this time around, but I don't know what I need to change because I do fine when challenging random people...

What's your CRE?

I did manage to beat Yellow version in around 3-4 hours with my star Nidoking, iirc. That thing was a beast. That was HARD though.

1 Riku3220 v. A_Local_Guy

2 Buzzcut3 v. Omnitec

3 Ultimania92 v. Zaaps1

4 Bye - Roccodog25

5 Demoliboy 2 v. Kcdragon8116

6 Rune4runes v. Squareroot2

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Uh, I think the points standings need to be updated. I should have six points, I won all of my matches.

To be fair, you don't have to release it, but you can just leave it in a PC box labelled "Dead". Easier for when you need to keep that one shiny you came across.

It's almost too easy on the DPPt games though, since you do have access to Infernape...

I finished the Nuzlocke challenge on my Platinum a few days ago. I had two deaths, Mind-[bleep] the Abra, and Batman the Giratina. The champion battle took me over 45 minutes of intense switch-healing and [cabbage] till I wanted to go insane. Her Lucario was reduced to struggling it took so long.

I'm now online, ultimania.

CAP server

CAP isn't working for me, sorry, can we go to TeamUber?