Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Yeah, it's my first nuzlocke run, and i REALLY don't lik grinding, which is definatly needed for emerald, due to bad gyms and even worse E4.

Still, now i only have 2-4 more revives, and i can't buy any, so yeah, i'm on the tight rope now

The 8th gym is a pushover. I swept the guy's team with my BLAZIKEN.

His Luvdisc I LOL'd at, Magneton wrecked that kid. He went in Whiscash next, I send in Blaziken. Because of some terrible AI, Whiscash will only use Amnesia and Earthquake against me, so I used Bulk Up while the thing Amnesia stacked and laughed off all the Earthquake it sent and Double Kick'd at +3 attack.

And he rest of this team died to DOUBLE KICK. LMAO, OHKO across the board, except for Kingdra, who was 2hko.

I might as well hop on the bandwagon with HeartGold in a while or something. Got a few things to do first.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Something similar happened to me on the 7th gym, where after i set up a substitute with Samus, she pretty much Iron Tail's the gym team to death.

But my entire team is increadible vulnerable to water. Nathan takes Neutral, Indigo takes neutral, Camilla takes quad damage, Magnus neutral, Samus takes double plus she's weak specially and Pierre dies to an ice beam.

Looks like i'll have to grind Magnus a lot, and evolve Pierre to a crobat.

By the way, do we get a Beldum before or after the E4?

Something similar happened to me on the 7th gym, where after i set up a substitute with Samus, she pretty much Iron Tail's the gym team to death.

But my entire team is increadible vulnerable to water. Nathan takes Neutral, Indigo takes neutral, Camilla takes quad damage, Magnus neutral, Samus takes double plus she's weak specially and Pierre dies to an ice beam.

Looks like i'll have to grind Magnus a lot, and evolve Pierre to a crobat.

By the way, do we get a Beldum before or after the E4?

It's after the Elite Four according to bulbapedia.

No.

Go catch a Spheal and level it. That should give you a little insurance, or a Starmie, if you can get the blue shard that's hidden in an underwater area.

Starmie with Thunderbolt makes short work of that gym, except perhaps Kingdra and Whiscash. Whiscash can be dealt with by Vanity, since EQ won't do anything and it's a special tank, I hear :)

Kingdra's probably just going to Water Pulse you, so it's not TOO threatening. Give your team Lum berries/berry-that-cures-confusion.

Dang, i was hoping i could replace Indigo or camila with a metagross, since Camilla will be pushed to a corner in the E4, since Steven is not the champion anymore, and it has 2 memebers with Water based pokemon.

Indigo is just too frail, unless i somehow find a Choice Band before the E4, it won't do nothing.

Wich leads me tooooooo can we get a choice band before the E4?

Speaking of which, battle tower/tent/etc. faints don't count, do they?

In terms of nuzlocke runs, is trading for the purpose of evolving allowed or...?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Speaking of which, battle tower/tent/etc. faints don't count, do they?

I wouldn't count them, it's just a minigame after all, same with the battle frontier i think.

Consider them "watched combats", as if any attack goes for lethal damage, something will stop the conflict and consider the pokemon "out".

I tried starting a Nuzlocke challenge on my SoulSilver, but I found out after my first play session that you can't overright a previous game save with a new game save. <_< You have to delete the previous save file from the main menu. I'll delete my file when I feel like doing all the beginning stuff again...

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I tried starting a Nuzlocke challenge on my SoulSilver, but I found out after my first play session that you can't overright a previous game save with a new game save. <_< You have to delete the previous save file from the main menu. I'll delete my file when I feel like doing all the beginning stuff again...

You haven't been playing pokemon very long, have you? XD

They just started doing that with DPPt. If he's never started a new game then there's no way for him to know.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

They just started doing that with DPPt. If he's never started a new game then there's no way for him to know.

Oh, perhaps I misread it. So let me get this straight. Instead of just starting a new game from the main menu, and then saving that new game, you have to delete the old file and then start a new game?

Edit: I've never reset a Gen IV game either, so I was confused by what you meant, Kc. Sorry :-|

I've been playing since Pokemon Yellow. ;) I never reset my Diamond or SoulSilver version, so I never knew that you have to delete your save file from the main menu before starting a completely different game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Oh, perhaps I misread it. So let me get this straight. Instead of just starting a new game from the main menu, and then saving that new game, you have to delete the old file and then start a new game?

Yup. Ir's a way to prevent siblings accidentally saving over the other sibling's saves. Although it'd be easier just to have multiple save files I think.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Multiple save files would be great, but they probably take up too much space.

[hide=Part 4(?)]

After defeating Wattson, I took Sparky out of Daycare, and headed to the trick house once more. It leveled Rocky up a bit, and I got a Timer Ball out of it. Then, I headed northwards, and wasfinally able to get through the rock smash rocks. I battled several trainers, including the camera crew, and then headed west to route 112. More trainers awaited, but their pokemon were no match for Sasha's wing attack. I entered the grass. A wild Machop! I had to be careful, with Sasha being 12 levels higher. He used Quick Attack, sending the Machop to a nice 40% HP, too easy. I captured it and named it Bullwinkle.

I headed up the mountain, and battled a Hiker, giving Soap some action. Out of my excitement for beating the last Gym, I had forgotten that Marill evolves at level 18, and now I had a much stronger Soap, with twice the scrubbing power of traditional household pokemon.

Suddenly, I remembered the cute couple in Rusturf Tunnel, and rushed to unite them with my Rock smashing powers. The man gave me HM04, Strength, which I taught to Siren in place of Pound, for the STAB damage.

I returned to the mountain, and went up the Fiery Path, to come out on Route 112 once more. I rested at the old lady's rest stop, picked some berries, battled a few trainers, and then headed west to Route 113. I encountered a Spinda in the ashy grass, captured it, and named it Bumble. After battling through some trainers hidden in ash, I arrived in Fallarbor Town.

I obtained a Dig TM, which I thought to Geico, and a Roar TM, which I held on to. I sold some junk mail I had to make room, then headed south, to Route 114. I battled some trainers, encountered a level 15 Lotad, which Geico used Absorb on to weaken, and then capture, and I named it Nacho. Izzy picked up a rare candy, I battled some trainers again, found a Protein, battled more trainers, and entered Meteor Falls. After a short cutscene with Team Aqua, I headed south to Route 115, and battled more trainers.

I headed back to Fallarbor Town, and then to Mt. Chimney, to thwart the evil intentions of Team Aqua. I taught shock wave to Siren, then headed down to Lavaridge Town. I deposited Izzy, and received an egg from an old woman. An old man gave me Charcoal, and I was off to the Gym. Soap swept through everything with her bubblebeam and rollout. Very rapidly, I was in front of Flannery, the sexiest person in Hoenn. Despite her attractive looks, her pokemon were no match for Soap's ever-stronger Rollout. Easiest badge to date. I exited the gym, and May came at me. I was like "Who does she think she is, Gary Oak?" However, she could not stand up to his girth, and didn't bother challenging me. Instead she gave me goggles. I healed up and was on my way.

Current Team:

Geico-Grovyle-28

Sasha-Swellow-28

Siren-Loudred-23

Rocky-Geodude-21

Soap-Azumarill-29

Izzy-ZigZagoon-7

Box:

Jack-Nincada-6

Bumble-Spinda-15

Sparky-Plusle-15

Nacho-Lotad-15

Bullwinkle-Machop-15

Memorial:

Spike-Poochyena-6[/hide]

I doubt it, seeing how easily I can save states on my iPod.

It would be great if they did multiple save files, I have often wondered why they haven't. I guess one of the big reasons is money as if someone gets a save file they're particularly attached to they're more likely to buy a new game than start again. It also stops you hoarding event pokemon across multiple files :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Yeah, but the iPod has gigabytes of storage, and I think the new DS chips for HG/SS store are like 512 MB.

I checked iFile (which is like Windows Explorer for a jailbroken iPod).

Pokemon Emerald is 16MB, each save file is less than 500KB.

Same story for Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, and Sapphire.

Granted DS files are bigger. My Pokemon Platnium emulator file in 126MB. Following suit, the save file would be about 4MB. If what you say is true about the chip holding 512MB, and there's no size discrepancy between emulator versions and real versions, there's plenty of room.