Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Oh, I get it. Since ratatta has only 1 hp from the focus sash, endeavor makes the foe 1hp, then quick attack kills them. Would be funny to see a lvl 1 ratatta beat a lvl 100 deoxys or something :)

That's not funny, that's realistic :P

Mckinzy, no stealth rock?

What do you mean, killing off Rattata using status damage? If so, yes.

Fear rattata can easily be countered by using Infernape or a similar lead as your lead. Either a) If rattata is a lead, the combo of Fake Out + Attacking move kills Rattata or B) if Rattata is not a lead, you lay down stealth rock which takes away Rattata's focus sash if it switches in later in the game, making it pretty useless.

Btw, a great physical tank is Hippodwon. Stockpile, Roar and Slack-Off really make it difficult to kill. The combination of those 3 moves means that you MUST be able to net a 2HKO or better WITHOUT boosting. Once you factor in that Hippo can increase it's special and physical defense by stockpile, you have something truly threatening to deal with, not to mention STAB Earthquake. Skarmory is good too, although it's purpose is more of a spiker than a tank.

Haven't played this in a while, and now I remember why. WHY IS ARTICUNO SUCH A [bLEEP] TO CATCH!? Paralyzed and frozen, or paralyzed and asleep, and in the red, and STILL I can't even get two shakes of an ultra ball :evil: Not even A+B+DOWN works <_<...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Haven't played this in a while, and now I remember why. WHY IS ARTICUNO SUCH A [bLEEP] TO CATCH!? Paralyzed and frozen, or paralyzed and asleep, and in the red, and STILL I can't even get two shakes of an ultra ball :evil: Not even A+B+DOWN works <_<...

I always preferred madly clicking L and R myself.

Learn to Dusk Ball

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

A+B+Down doesn't actually work does it...

It's one of those things that an entire generation of Pokemon gamers grew up with as kids and can't seem to free themselves of because the catch worked just often enough when we did that. Personally I always hit 'b' in rhythm whenever the ball shakes. And dammit, it's tempting to still do it even though it probably does nothing :lol:

So its been a while since I played pokemon last, I bought Diamond when it came out but 2 years ago my DS broke when I brought it to school, I forgot it was in my backpack and the top screen was destroyed.

Anyways, I finally decided its time to get a new DS, as I played the hell out of my old one. Tomorrow i'll be picking up a used DS Lite from Gamestop for $90, and Pokemon HG/SS. My question to you, the chat, is: which game do YOU prefer, is one "better" and why?

For reference, the pokemon games I grew up with; Red, Gold, Sapphire, Firered, Diamond (didnt exactly "grow up" with that one though :P ). I'm leaning towards Heartgold at the moment since I had Gold as a wee lad :3

A_Local_Guy v Zaaps 1

Demoliboy 2 v TtanT

Kcdragon8116 v Starman845

Mckinzy 5 v Riku3220

Tournament has begun. All necessary information will be on the first post. Let's have some fun. :thumbup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Local Guy, I'm good with 2:30-3:30/4 EST most weekdays.

Demoli, I'm good after school all days other than Tuesday, and generally open during weekends.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

What about ~8-9 EST? That's 5-6 for you, right?