The Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide - UPDATED

unorclan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under your Chat Settings section, I recommend you keep your Public Chat set to Friends rather than Off, because you can see the "3, 2, 1, Go!" when it's on Friends.

I personally turn the Clan Chat off, and occasionally the Private when I'm really trying to focus (meaning all chats turned Off except for Public being on Friends).

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

[hide=]37vs119ue9.jpg[/hide]

^on my level 30-something pure. I use similar tactics to this guide. If you stand right next to the north of the north-east house then you'll get 21 points for a second + you're right next to the door.

Attack: 65/65

Strength: 99/99

Defense: 60/60

Prayer: 44/44

Ranged: 67/99

Magic: 52/85

• 3 weeks later...
Unor left tip.it/Runescape indefinitely (as far as I know) so this probably won't be getting updated. :|

Indefinitely?? Now thats a long time my friend! :lol:

Looks like a lot of people have been enjoying my guide while I was gone...and a lot of comments and strategies people say I should add in! I probably will once I get familiar with my own guide again, I've been gone for quite a while.

AoW status! Awesome! \'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Under your Chat Settings section, I recommend you keep your Public Chat set to Friends rather than Off, because you can see the "3, 2, 1, Go!" when it's on Friends.

I personally turn the Clan Chat off, and occasionally the Private when I'm really trying to focus (meaning all chats turned Off except for Public being on Friends).

I swear I told you that .... >;(

• 3 weeks later...

i can't believe u actually posted a method so pathetic that only noobs lower than a freakin pile of crap would do: house. that's for pathetic noobs who can't win so they have to hide and pray that they're hp will lower slower than the damage the hunter would do. pathetic little narbs... makes me SICK

Paragon.png

• 2 weeks later...
i can't believe u actually posted a method so pathetic that only noobs lower than a freakin pile of crap would do: house. that's for pathetic noobs who can't win so they have to hide and pray that they're hp will lower slower than the damage the hunter would do. pathetic little narbs... makes me SICK

Uhm, I'll kindly redirect you to the Rants forum. ::'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Used this guide until 6K rating, learned new tricks to 10K rating. ::'

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

One suggestion, a quick tactic i use in place of yours...in the beginning of the game, i immediately angle a little to the outside of the nearest house. i wait between two houses for literally 5 seconds then run to the middle. Iv found it usefull for taking a quick lead

Generally when i throw up i would rather not have it in my mouth :-X

• 2 months later...

I'm a member, but I do go to f2p FoG to beat up on lower-leveled people. I've got a small dilemma.

Should I bring full rune or not? Weight vs. defense...

I've had a lot of fun wearing green dragonhide and running while hunted. The moment the hunter spots me, I start walking away. If he's catching up, I run. If the hunter is wearing full rune then he's out of luck. It's funny to watch a low-speed chase on the outside area. Especially if my run energy doesn't drain as fast (due to weight, not to agility) \'

Also, melee doesn't pose so much of a threat to me. You know the two rocks near the fist? One northwest and one southwest? If the opponent's meleeing you, use those rocks for cover. At those points, you still get 28 charges per "tick" so it's really worth using. That, and I rely on prayer.

I know I'm probably going to win either way, so: should I bring full rune and tank or forgo heavy armor and run circles around my opponent?

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

I'm a member, but I do go to f2p FoG to beat up on lower-leveled people. I've got a small dilemma.

Should I bring full rune or not? Weight vs. defense...

I've had a lot of fun wearing green dragonhide and running while hunted. The moment the hunter spots me, I start walking away. If he's catching up, I run. If the hunter is wearing full rune then he's out of luck. It's funny to watch a low-speed chase on the outside area. Especially if my run energy doesn't drain as fast (due to weight, not to agility) \'

Also, melee doesn't pose so much of a threat to me. You know the two rocks near the fist? One northwest and one southwest? If the opponent's meleeing you, use those rocks for cover. At those points, you still get 28 charges per "tick" so it's really worth using. That, and I rely on prayer.

I know I'm probably going to win either way, so: should I bring full rune and tank or forgo heavy armor and run circles around my opponent?

I personally don't bring full rune due to the fact that the majority of people will mage since it's free and has higher max hits at lower levels or they use melee since it's also free and has pretty high hits. In those cases praying mage in d hide or hugging a rock against meleers is more than enough. From what I've seen range is less commonly used (although I tend to use it as my main attack form) and it's the only form of attack where the rune armour is really useful.

However, with a high level you're likely to spend most of your time tanking in the middle. That means you won't need to worry about weight as much and you can focus more on defence. it mostly comes down to your style: if you move around a lot than you might be better off without it but if you tank in the center it would be helpful. Just remember that you might find yourself against a running target and regretting that you brought the armour.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• 3 weeks later...

I have 3 mini strategies that you may like !

- in the middle I watch my hp near the map and run around using map on the fist ... When I start taking serious damage I know I have been found - so I take evasive action - usually running away from hunter and into a house then when I c hunter looking 4 me, I leave house sleathily and go back 2 centre

^ to combat this I either use ice spells or binding spells whenever I c my targets name in the list ^

If u are p2p here's a strategy that may work - get full void knight (ranger helm) and mith+ arrows and a seercull bow - when your the hunted and if u know your hunter is a Mage, then when he/she finds you equip bow and void then use bow special (with range prayer) this will drain their Mage level by what u hit so they can't use high level spells AND so it Is in your best interest to hit as high as possible

When you done this just commence running and put your best dragon hide on.. :) hopefully the Mage will still b trying to cast his best spell on you and they can't and they stand there confused as to y they can't use it...! LOL

wl4xhc.jpg - this may the reason behind the whip changes 0_o

Thnx to kaosmerchant for hosting.

Boeing125.png

• 2 weeks later...

8/10 It's an awesome guide, but you lack in a few things. For one, for those that just run out to the edge and wait for their hunter to get there, then tele to the center... I'll quote a friend for this. "WTF ARE YOU DOING"

It's practically pointless and an absolute, total waste of the teleorb. A much better strategy would be to head to the northwest corner of the arena and run around the cluster of rocks next to the stone dispenser. Once your opponent is trapped on the northwest side of this cluster (easiest to do if your opponent is meleeing) use the teleorb. A much, much more useful strategy. Your hunter cannot simply allow the game to lead him to you because there's a barrier in the way, and if you're a runner (which I personally abhor, but meh) you can wait 2, 3 secs after center teleporting, then run out of the center to buy yourself a couple hundred more charges.

I must also recommend against playing in crowded worlds. This limits your minimap range. In other words, you won't be able to see people on the edge of your minimap. Why is this important? Because if your opponent uses houses, the optional strategy is to run into the center, where you can see all 4 houses on your minimap, then wait for your opponent to come out. You can't utilize this strategy easily somewhere like w20.

Also, I know that there are tons of people that say to keep Auto-Retaliate on so you know when people are attacking you, but personally? Keep it off. Always. Why? If you use your teleorb while getting attacked, that just results in you making a straight beeline to your hunter, totally pointless. Furthermore, because I have a tendency to lag, I play on worlds like w10, etc, to avoid the major lag that results from crowds of people in the center. As a result, I can easily see my hunter and tell whether he is or isn't attacking me.

I must agree with the Boundary Scan; I use it frequently myself. What I do if this happens is wait in the center until my run energy hits 70, 80ish - sometimes 100 if I'm positive I'll win - then do the scan. Once I run out of run, I continue the circle but walk closer to the center, so that my run energy recharges faster, then run backwards, closer to the edge once my run hits around 20-30.

Never bring full rune, by the way. It's too heavy.

d9f84e76d7.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not play F.O.G. often but when i do i try to follow the strategies in this guide its just plain awesome 10/10 :D

That makes me feel happy. :grin:

But I've recently noticed a few guides out there that are probably competing with this Guide's status of being THE FINEST. So I plan to become a lonely hermit for a few days and really update this thing. I spent waaaay to much time writing this guide for it to become outdated (and I realize it already is...). So I'm gonna begin my research tonight and start updating it soon.

Since I've been very inactive on Tip.it/Runescape for the past 10-12 months, I've come to realize that my PM box is packed full of people sending me tips and strategys to add to this guide. I'll start there.

Happy f.o.g.ing.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png