Offical Age of Conan thread

Nadril

Like to know the answer to above to ^

http://news.filefront.com/age-of-conan-griefing-video-is-hilarious-yet-infuriating/

Haha this is so harsh and yet so funny at the same time!

Im thinking that I will carry on with AoC for abit at least longer then decide but so far its looking good so far.

Also I think I have a slight crush on the woman in the opening video for some unknow reason hahaha <3:

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-20, tortage, 20-38, kopishef province, conalls valley, wild lands of zeleta, 38-40, grind sanctum (or move to fields of the dead if you dislike grinding, would advise not to though.) 40-50 noble district and fields of the death, 50-60, eg mountains and a few quests in noble district (don't know full name sorry.) you will have to grind at around level 57+, depending on what quests you did earlier in the game. 60-70, thunder river, 60-75, atzels approach, 70-80 khesetta.

Also, Main System, Cistern, The Catacombs, and the Arena in the Armsman Tavern in Noble district can be good exp.

And for an earlier question, you need the 1g skill to ride a Horse, you also unlock extra moves for your siege mounts (mammoth, rhino) but they are making it so with /claim you get them with your mount. (you'll have to do /claim again.)

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

The money wont be here for a few more days, but when it does get here...

Hello AoC and a 9600GT. Everyone, what's your username/ w/e you are named?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The money wont be here for a few more days, but when it does get here...

Hello AoC and a 9600GT. Everyone, what's your username/ w/e you are named?

My conq's name is Cyrant but he's pretty much retired atm.

I'm playing on Nadril atm, a lvl 38 ToS.

Mine will probably be Ulitarius or Lynchal if it's available. I also have a code for an item called the "Totem of the Origins" which lets you teleport back to your hometown once every 24 hours. Not sure which name is more awesome though. If in the event I don't get the game, i'll probably give one of you the code.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I haven't got it, and once every 24 hours? Noty, I never go to Khemi anyway, you kinda stop going to that place when you finish up at Kopishef Province.

Well not so much of an item but rather an ability which is listed that just teles you back where you set it to go it.

like a heartstone in WoW i think.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

Well not so much of an item but rather an ability which is listed that just teles you back where you set it to go it.

like a heartstone in WoW i think.

People can just use "Path of Asura" for this though, on a 30m CD as well. Only useful thing about this is you could have it set up to a place that your path isn't, but not that great.

Oh and I've been loving Active Block (hold X). My tempest of Set just rapes with it.

Haha still havent got used to using that yet really.

Seems that in defensive stance i can take around 3-5 mobs round 25 (im 28) but do nearly run out of stamina in the end.

Anyway you can tell if a mob is an elite one or not?

Like that im getting more fatalitys but mostly seem to be lame head cutting off.

Couple of things that are annoying me are that im killing a monster or 2 and then someone jumps in and trys to kill me. I dont really mind this as I just run for a laugh and think if they can catch me, fair enough but id much rarther just have a fair fight so both of us can get better, but o well.

Also in the same instance, i get annoyed when i cant tell whats hitting me. As im killing some mobs and notice my hp dropping drasticly. Then i find out its some pvp'er, so a little heads up when I get hit with a pvp spell would be nice. (First thing i did when found out was, go and smash there head in :lol: )

Not really moaning much but ive decided im going to try and jump on people with a couple of levels distance now ::'

My tempest of set can take on around 4-5 (maybe 6-7) melee mobs at once without much of a problem.

I could take on like 20 [bleep]ing mobs that are blue/green to me, but usually I can only get a max of like 12 around me.

Oh and I take down my AoE packs in about 10-20 seconds depending on the level. Lower ones I take out in like 10 seconds, higher up might take longer.

And active block is different from the shields system. You hold X and it's essentially like blocking in a fighting game -- you take much less damage with it on and parry/block a lot of hits. While it doesn't let you block magical attacks it's damn useful.

As a ToS it's saved my [wagon], I even have killed a lvl 51 guardian at level 32 because of it. Active block + heals ticking + storm field running (passive AoE that does great dmg) is win.

I swear I'm going to get my class nerfed though. Soloed a 51 guardian 1v1 at 32, I soloed an Elite boss mob at 32 and constantly AoE 8-10 mobs at once. I've also done plenty of 2v1, 3v1 fights and came out victorious.

Oh and I kill everyone, don't even care anymore. My K:D is 245:81

Wow.

Guadians dont have that much of a high damage output seeing as there meant to be the tank which is fair enough.

X uses out loads of stamina though that i need other wise im done in for lol

Think im going to have to try out a ToS now anyway.

Wow.

Guadians dont have that much of a high damage output seeing as there meant to be the tank which is fair enough.

X uses out loads of stamina though that i need other wise im done in for lol

Think im going to have to try out a ToS now anyway.

I would just stick out with guardian if you're enjoying it. ToS even out at 80. :thumbup:

Seriously though, stick with what yah enjoy.

Elites will have a red name tag above your hotbar with 2 horns either side. The Ymir mobs in Conalls Valley are elite, for example. As for ToS... That's gonna get smacked with the nerf hammer soon, I'm pretty sure you agree Nadril, they're like easy mode atm.

Oh and for the guy who said he can take 1-3 mobs 2 levels lower, if you're a Guard or DT... That's pathetic, sorry but it's true. Even my low level guard can take 3+ mobs the same level without problem, and 3+ 1-2 levels higher without much of a problem either. A 64ish Guard in my guild took on 6-8 lvl 67+ mobs at once and won. With the right spec, it takes a looooooong time to kill a tank specced Guard or DT, lol.

Oh and the Demonologist gets alot more fun and easy to play after 60. It's die alot in 20-50, but after that, I hardly die now. Root, attack, kill. Gate of Hell usually keeps a boss down long enough before he even touches me.

Elites will have a red name tag above your hotbar with 2 horns either side. The Ymir mobs in Conalls Valley are elite, for example. As for ToS... That's gonna get smacked with the nerf hammer soon, I'm pretty sure you agree Nadril, they're like easy mode atm.

I do probably think that, at least in the mid levels, they'll get a bit of tweaking done to them. However honestly from what I've heard from other ToS they even out respectfully at 80.

And by no means was doing stuff such as killing that high level guardian, or soloing that elite "easy". Hell, the elite took me probably 10 minutes and a lot of potions. If I screwed up I woulda died hardcore.

And I've seen a lot of horrible ToS that don't know how to play the class that, quite simply, I can dominate. So I don't think we'll get hit that hard.

ps: casters can rape my [cabbage] if they know that standing next to me is a bad idea.

Yea, Elite bosses, no matter what level, are pretty hard now. I did sanctum at 63 with a healer and a bunch of questers in my guild, the first few bosses were ok, the last one was taking 400+ damage of each hit. The elite bosses in fotd almost 4 hit me. I was in Prison Colonly yesterday, lvl 65 demo, all my def bufes on, buffed to 3k health, level 70 boss, 1 hit me and the shaman and we got wiped.... Damn they hit hard :P

But yeah, my ToS does have weaknesses. Probably biggest ones in PvP are:

Demo (buffed now and your nukes hurt like hell)

Necro (their DoTs pretty much override any heals I'm doing)

Assassin (while they suck midlevels a good assassin can hurt like a [bleep])

Barbarian (A well timed stunlock/knockdown will have me on my [wagon])

Ranger (A good one can still kite the [cabbage] out of me, meaning I can't do anything)

The main thing that people don't realize is that, as a mid level ToS, my main damage spell right now requires me to run up to them. A lot of people don't get it when they have me stunned and are still taking damage because of my passive AoE skill.

Also, people need to learn to use potions more often. I know that with my build atm if I'm not AoEing I'm pretty mana heavy on skills. I use potions (healing / stam / mana) all the time, mostly because how cheap they are. Most players I fight don't even try to use potions, which would be obvious as to why.

Oh and melee damage is so buffed now that str and such works. lvl 29 HoX in the guild has been running around 1 shot critting people. :lol:

Demo's still a pansy at nuking really.

Well all the healers (except PoM) have a difficulty with burst healing. I can only burst heal myself every minute for around ~500 dmg. If the demo is a good kiter they can do it, especially if they know how to stun and CC properly.

I am constantly using pots. Especially because you can easily get enough just from drops. Being a Dark Templar i am basically healing myself with every hit i give and take so my regen is already insane but with pots i hardly take damage. Non pvp that is. PvP i do alright, but i'm specced more for tanking atm to help me/some friends level. Good thing about it is being a tank of sorts i'm pretty hard to kill.....at least takes a while.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

A friend of mine just got AoC, and he's letting me try it on his laptop during Science class. I can't WAIT. It's gonna be fun. Any suggestions on realm, etc? I'm playing on Tyranny - always been a PvPer in games - and thinking I'll make some kind of caster.

Should be fun.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Level 68 atm, gonna grind to 70 today, estimate it's gonna be approx 2-2.2mil exp. I have a good spot to do it in, just hoping it isn't packed like it was last night.

Wicked, good luck on getting to the end.

Hit level 30 last night which was pretty pleasing. Highest character ive ever got in a mmo :lol: But I do think my lack of experiance in this type of game is coming though.