Offical Age of Conan thread

Nadril

Dinged 70 an hour ago. Got the last level in Khesseta, questing, grinding hotspots were all packed.

The 70 demo spell "Impish Horde" was a disapointment, not very good. Chaotic Blast.. I don't get how it works, not the best spell either, does good damage though, but a 4 second cast time.

I am LOVING Khesseta though, such an awesome looking place. Can't wait till I can run some of the dungeons there.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 43, or so, now. I was a little discouraged last night (had to argue to countless people about how "ToS aren't that OP") and tried playing my conq again. Bad mistake, I forgot how [cabbage]ty his damage output was.

However the whole OP ToS thing has started to get on my nerves. The problem with it is that, while yes it is true 20-40, my ToS is starting to even out now.

For example, I have 1.3k hp. An assassins opener on me took off over half my life, which I simply can't heal back. Trying to run away and kite someone when you're slowed (hit from behind) is difficult.

While I still do rape face it's mostly because I know how to play the class and, well, I generally know what to watch out for other classes. I don't really want to brag but I'm just saying -- if I could kill pretty much anyone I saw (although it took forever) on my conq I don't see the problem for me doing it on my ToS.

Still having lots of fun with the class however. The biggest thing is that, even if ToS need a bit of a smack on the wrist for lower level PvP, it gets tiring hearing people tell me I just rolled ToS because it's FoTM.

/rant off

Far to many abriviations Nad lol

Level 32 now. Thought the level 30 destiny quest sucked compared to the starting stuff and really think they could of made something of it but have failed.

Its pretty easy to find groups to im finding really. Found one at 9 in the morning =]

PvP Ratio is 12:22 lol Trying to keep kills above half of deaths.

When I do start on someone they run or because of guardians lack of stopping powers they get away and still learning other classes stupid traps and stuffs lol

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Just got suspended from WoW so im thinking of getting this game but i only ever really have acsess to a laptop nowadays it meets the all the requirments apart from my video card being just under. So i've decided to get a new one but im still a bit unsure if it will run smoothly on a laptop. Anyone else run it on a laptop or have any advice?

keen.png

Five minutes until it's done installing the patches... Can't wait. I think I'm playing an assassin. =)

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Haha just use mobs or jump of anything cause you take a stupid amount of damage.

Started on someone in the Conall Valley Hub town had like 2 guards on me doing nothing which was abit stupid, then people ganked on me but I wanted to get to another res point anyway.

The amount of aggro rangers and dps create is just stupid! Trying to pull mobs off anyone just doesn't work as well even when all my guardians attacks are meant to aggro them loads. Seems abit stupid and is really annoying chasing after a mob when the ranger or dps is running away trying not to die!

Ding 33 =]

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Well, after playing it for a couple hours, I liked it a lot. I think the GUI needs some tweaking, especially in the fonts - it could just look better. However - the combat system KICKS [wagon]. I LOVE it. I mean, there aren't many games where the combat relies as much on skill as on abilities, and this is just so much fun, even playing a level ten assassin. I want to get it for myself =)

lSEHB.gif

Haha just use mobs or jump of anything cause you take a stupid amount of damage.

Started on someone in the Conall Valley Hub town had like 2 guards on me doing nothing which was abit stupid, then people ganked on me but I wanted to get to another res point anyway.

The amount of aggro rangers and dps create is just stupid! Trying to pull mobs off anyone just doesn't work as well even when all my guardians attacks are meant to aggro them loads. Seems abit stupid and is really annoying chasing after a mob when the ranger or dps is running away trying not to die!

Ding 33 =]

Make sure you have your 'taunt' skill maxed out.

No, you'd be better off getting a 7900GS than the 8400 garbage.

What's your budget for a vid card?

Is the System Req Lab site accurate? If so, I'll prob be able to play on Med GFX.

It might be. I know funcom lowballed it a bit but if you are doing pretty good on it you should be fine.

That's worse than the 8500 I have right now :S

I'm finally getting my card tomorrow! Will this one work nicely?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3871354&sku=P450-9610

My other important specs are a duo-core processor @2.4ghz and 2GB ram. Still, WTF, 30 gigs...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

So who's playing on Tyranny? I'm playing on it and want some friends =)

lSEHB.gif

Sweet. I'll add you right now.

By the way, I'm playing on a PvP server, but really have no idea how PvP works in AoC. Would anyone be willing to help me out and just give me a basic rundown of PvP?

Oh yeah, and Nad (and anyone else who needs to know) - it's really strange to be addressed as Klank =) In RS, my name is Klan_Kaos, and on most forums, I'm KlanKaos, so Klan is much preferable =)

Aight. Getting on AoC and my new ToS now. Should be pretty good.

lSEHB.gif

my budget is $100 (im a 14 year old with no source of income, im extremely lucky i haven't spent a dollar on anything)

but i dont undertsand how a 7900GS is better than a 8400GS

what im looking for is actually playing the game without getting 4 fps, i can deal without super awesome graphics, will this atleast get me to a proper fps?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg