Offical Age of Conan thread

Nadril

How well would I be able to run this game with these specs:

AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.11 GHz

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800gt 512mb memory

Only thing that's really concerning me is my memory at the moment, but if you guys think it wont be too much of an issue I wont bother upgrading just yet.

Only thing that concerns me is the CPU, but you should be fine.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inkofdeath, Nadril, yours is Nadril I assume?

I need to get some guildies and try that out, though I'd have to relocate to somewhere else with bushes, Kheshatta is like 70-80. Thanks for the idea, lol. Which reminds me, PvP in AoC has to be the most where you can kill someone in any numerous types of ways. I've seen people hide in a river in Potain or Wild Lands, and then jump out after an Assassin comes out of hiding to tab snare them. It's really cool in my opinion to watch these creative ways of killing people.

Limited knowledge on Atzel's, but I've heard you need two epic healers, but have you read this:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=77631

It looks like you have an ideal set-up when I glance over the guide though, perhaps it was the barbarian, switching it with another magic based class, but who knows. And were they are all 80? Or between 70-80, or apping? I don't even know if any of this would work, just guessing and wanting info. =P

Inkofdeath, Nadril, yours is Nadril I assume?

I need to get some guildies and try that out, though I'd have to relocate to somewhere else with bushes, Kheshatta is like 70-80. Thanks for the idea, lol. Which reminds me, PvP in AoC has to be the most where you can kill someone in any numerous types of ways. I've seen people hide in a river in Potain or Wild Lands, and then jump out after an Assassin comes out of hiding to tab snare them. It's really cool in my opinion to watch these creative ways of killing people.

Limited knowledge on Atzel's, but I've heard you need two epic healers, but have you read this:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=77631

It looks like you have an ideal set-up when I glance over the guide though, perhaps it was the barbarian, switching it with another magic based class, but who knows. And were they are all 80? Or between 70-80, or apping? I don't even know if any of this would work, just guessing and wanting info. =P

Thanks for that guide, it was Lord Suth / Osith that gave us problems. Pretty much everyone was 80, except I was 78 apped to 79 and our barb was 79 / demo 77.

And yeah my name is Nadril in game. :)

god I want this game SO bad. WoW is good and all, but I'd love to experience some proper world PvP.

Age of Conan is one of the first games since playing Lineage II that has been able to recapture my love for PvP. Yeah, I did it in WoW but it was mostly boring arena crap.

The problem with WoW is that, while having gear progression is logical and a good idea for PvE (it lets you set the pace for progress) in PvP it is a horrible, horrible idea that is not good at all.

A newly level 70 in WoW will probably have around ~7k hp, give or take a bit. A level 70 in WoW with full S4 will probably have 11k hp, a ton of more offensive power, 440+ resiliance and more armor.

How does this seem even close to fair? A new player needs to, essentially, take part in another grind to get gear to even be semi-competitive in PvP.

WoW took PvP, which is supposed to be about conflict between players, and turned it into nothing but another item grind. Having to just grind battlegrounds to get even semi competitive in PvP sucks, and even then you're still at a disadvantage.

Not to mention that their balance now surmounts to balancing the game around 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5. Throw in the fact that world pvp is all but dead, the fact that they've had the same 3 horrible battlegrounds for years now (EoTS sucks a lot of times) and the trend of them trying to push WoW to a competitive E-Sport arena game... and it's just not good.

Even worse are the kids who think they are better at PvP because they have a 2200 omg 2v2 rating in WoW. Yeah, I got up to 1900+ in WoW in a week and stopped, mostly due to my teammate leaving the team and buying a new team ( :roll: ) but it just isn't that much fun.

In comparison the PvP I have seen in Age of Conan has been incredible. Right now my character has ~750 kills and like ~240 deaths. Group PvP in the game happens, constantly, and you have to watch your back all the time. More importantly when PvP happens it's often an actual fight, people don't want to lose a leveling spot.

Oh and, watch your back for group members. My guild, [The Family Buisness], currently has the guild [Menace] on KoS (kill on sight). We don't agree with their zerg ideal (1k + members and a T2 keep!?) and they just overall suck [wagon] at the game.

Well we got into a grind group with 4 other menace people, "we" being me and my conq friend. We wait for them to attack this other guild [Apallo] and then drop group, reform up and go to town on them. Dropped 3 menace and then 2 Apallo, almost taking down a third.

Only got killed because I, the healer, got some lucky HoX get a big crit on me.

Anyways, for you Tyranny guys I wouldn't be in the following guilds if I were you:

[Menace], [Addiction], [Ebonlore], [The Phoenix (?)], [WarriorPoets] because we have all those guilds on KoS right now. The Phoenix one, btw, I don't remember the entire name.

Also funny enough Addiction and Ebonlore are currently the two most progressed guilds on Tyranny, and we still end up rolling them in smaller scale PvP.

e: the [WarriorPoets] KoS is actually a mutual thing. Their guild leader is actually pretty cool, and we're both smaller guilds ([The Family Buisness] is much smaller though) so yeah. Haven't seen them around much though.

Thanks for that Atzel guide, it'll help. Was doing Atzel's there, only managed 4 bosses, we were using a DPS DT for a tank.. He did pretty good actually. Would really love to clear that place, I hear some nice cloth drops there.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Menace, i HATE Menace. My guild has them KoS as well....but we are just about the size of a group so we can't do much except pick off a few here and there. Still...we do it.

My guild is the same way. Right now what we really have for the most part is:

79 ToS (me)

78 Conq

74 Barb

68 Bear Shaman

64 Barb

64 Ranger

56 Barb

5x Guardian

4x Conq

3x ToS

Usually our group is me, 78 conq, 64 barb, 64 ranger, 5x Guard, 56 barb. The bear shaman we switch out now and then too depending on who is on.

Even though most of our guild is under my app we still do very well against Menace.

ps: [Menace] is the new [Minion] :thumbup:

guild relationships! goddam now thats proper MMORPG.

I want to start playing when the game is still young, but the earliest I'm going to get in is september, probably.

Yeah, this early in the game and there are already so many guilds I'll probably remember for years. I can't say the same about WoW...

I want to start playing when the game is still young, but the earliest I'm going to get in is september, probably.

Dude wrong time, thats when the fun stops and the 13 year old kids who start the guild wars over petty loot theft go back to school and it suddenly gets more civilized, in other words if you want to experience this then the sooner you jump in the better.All good things come to an end and it begins and ends during summer break :P its also when i quit playing multiplayer shooters...

tifsdac6mc.gif

Dude wrong time, thats when the fun stops and the 13 year old kids who start the guild wars over petty loot theft go back to school and it suddenly gets more civilized, in other words if you want to experience this then the sooner you jump in the better.All good things come to an end and it begins and ends during summer break :P its also when i quit playing multiplayer shooters...

? Not sure what you're even trying to say here krisc. I can, however, assure you that a lot of the guild versus guild action going on is not about loot.

And since when is actual competition and tension between guilds a bad thing on a PvP server? I mean, it's a hell of a lot better than just playing some item grind.

Also, trust me, not as many people are 80 yet even. Guild relations will continue to soar. Oh, and when the Kingship expansion is released late this year? Alliance versus Aliance battles, hell yes.

Its really not that hard to level, so by September i think you'll be golden. That gives time for guilds to grow and prosper. Maybe even have a nice guild city up by the end of the year? SIEGES ANYONE? ;) :thumbsup: I'm not sure if there are any guilds on Tyranny close to that goal yet, but i'm sure its coming.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Its really not that hard to level, so by September i think you'll be golden. That gives time for guilds to grow and prosper. Maybe even have a nice guild city up by the end of the year? SIEGES ANYONE? ;) :thumbsup: I'm not sure if there are any guilds on Tyranny close to that goal yet, but i'm sure its coming.

There are a few guilds out there already on Tyranny with a T3 battlekeep. I know Ebonlore has one, and I think Addiction does as well.

My guilds Malfunction, and Menace is #1 on our KoS as well, and we're allianced with Thug. We have the T1 complete, just gathering materials for the T2 city. ::'

Following Nadrils post, we have three 72s (Demo, ToS, DT), around 6 or 7 60s, same amount of 50s, while there's some more 40s, and tons of new members below 30, but most of them get kicked after they don't login for 8 days.

Menace ganks a lot, and that they are basically just a social gathering rather than a guild. It's auto-invite as soon as you get off from the first tutorial part. I got invited right after I walked into Tortage. Was really sad when I look at it now.

So why does everyone hate Menace and HOGG? I've been browsing the Tyranny Forums and it looks like everyone's pissed off at them, but noone gives a reason. :(

1. Ganking + Mass Ganking

2. They aren't a guild to do anything guild related, just to be a general nuisance to other guilds.

3. Constantly raids towns (Yea, it's fine, but not when you do it everyday, all the time with no end).

That's as much as I know for a fact, there's tons of little rumours but who knows.

Potain, instance 21. It's not anything exciting, T1 is completely boring lol.

They need to add a tunnel/dungeon kind of system underneath the city, or sewers. As well as create roads from building to building, entrance to entrance. Even fences or landscape features...

You make me cry Nadril.

Even though i dont play AoC i think i know who some of the members of HOGG are.I know 2 of them are game journalists who hate MMO's as a concept and are you there to fuel outrage and break the game and theres a serial blogger on gamespot whos playing in a guild called HOGG.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I've heard rumours of a MMO site that exists just to bash every MMO out there, and then even some console, or PC games, don't know the site, was on the AoC forums as I read an article from there which was flaming and insulting Funcom horribly, with bad grammar as well. :roll:

And for those who want a taste of what PvP is:

http://files.filefront.com/MephsFootage ... einfo.html

An Assassin taking on a demo, and two melee classes at the same time, and winning. :thumbsup:

not sure if it's a great representation, was really hard to see what was going on.

I haven't had much experience with [Entourage], they seem ok although they really haven't impressed me.

When I hit 80 (about half a level left) I'll try and see if I can't record any PvP footage well. The problem, of course, is hoping that it doesn't lag my game. Sometimes during large scale PvP encounters (especially /w necros and AoE) I'll lag a little bit.

--

Also [Addiction] are scrubs who are only good at PvE. The other day there was 3 of them, a necro / barb / guardian, that were ganking in khesh city.

Well, I was fighting them and having a bit of a fun time. Problem is Cyclone of Steel IX == 1 shot on me if it hits. I managed to get a 1v1 fight, finally, with the necro and rolled him.

So, of course, I respond "thats what happens when it's 1v1 scrub". Mostly I did so because I had fought the guy the other day and he ran and hid by his entire group, then proceeded to camp me for a while while shouting out "lol owned".

His reply? "lol ToS are OP" and continues on with all sort of excuses. For the record I didn't even have my 5m CD stun up during the fight.

This guy was a necro. They've been buffed like 3 times, and are incredibly powerful now.

Anyways I fight some of them a bit more, and the 3 of them run up and just destroy me. "lol rofl owned". :|

about 5 minutes later my ranger guildie came up (level 68, these guys are ALL 80) and we start to attack. Drop the necro, drop the barb, drop the guard. They had a ranger as well that we managed to drop (had a 30 ToS I was apping as well, so he helped a little).

You know what they did? BROUGHT MORE PLAYERS! and then had the balls to say we got owned.

So yeah, I think I hate [Addiction] more so than [Menace]. At least with Menace's case they're just a bad zerg and thats it. Addiction, however, is just a lot of bad high levels who are good at PvE and suck at PvP. To make it worse they somehow think rolling people 4-5 v 1 in towns makes them skilled.

lolrants.

not sure if it's a great representation, was really hard to see what was going on.

True, but it's available for download, and it shows pushing strafing, and taping to a pretty good level in my opinion.

The problem, of course, is hoping that it doesn't lag my game.

due to technical issues, I'm still using my old graphics card instead of the one I bought, it's nvidia 7350, I only record a portion of the screen, taking out the toolbars, and other GUI's, so it's about the size of a YouTube player, shows good quality (though you can do the entire screen now,and it'll show up decently with the 'High Quality' feature of YouTube now), and doesn't lag your gameplay, probably slows down by 1 FPS ( I only get 9 to 13 FPS anyways). There's no need to record the entire screen.

I've never seen Addiction pking before, but you can't base a guild with so many people off of just three people ganking.

Anyways it's 11:53 am, time to go to sleep, and get level 50 by tomorrow. :wall: