Fur, right or wrong?

Abyssalwhip

I personally prefer to buy faux fur over real fur whenever possible, but I see nothing wrong with wearing or owning real fur.

[hide=]skinned.jpg

334417.jpg[/hide]

Those make about... 2? coats.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Not quite sure what you're trying to say. What is your point?

How many it takes for a [bleep] coat

Have you got any idea how many trees need to be killed to build houses and furniture?

I'm not sure that would be an argument for houses and furniture being "wrong," though. ;)

The point is why buy it, all they die for (usually zapped with an anal probe) is a god damn coat, there IS fake and it isn't needed anymore.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I personally prefer to buy faux fur over real fur whenever possible, but I see nothing wrong with wearing or owning real fur.

[hide=]skinned.jpg

334417.jpg[/hide]

This is what pisses me off about anti-fur people. It's always shock images and "How would you like being skinned??". If someone wants to wear fur thats their right as a human. I doubt those cats would pity a mouse, why should we pity a cat?

[hide=]skinned.jpg

334417.jpg[/hide]

This is what pisses me off about anti-fur people. It's always shock images and "How would you like being skinned??". If someone wants to wear fur thats their right as a human. I doubt those cats would pity a mouse, why should we pity a cat?

Cats eat mice for survival you [wagon]. Somehow killing tons of animals for a damn coat is a bit different. To avoid both of us getting banned from a flame war just keep out of this thread.

Abyssal- I can see your point, but at the end of the day- what else do you do with the skin of animals you use for meat ( you may aswell make full use of the animal); and what would Siberia, Canada and Russia be without fur.

And btw shock pictures always seem to make your case seem 'shallower'. We need real reasons and evidence to back up your point.

Alot of Animal rights group make that mistake.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Abyssal- I can see your point, but at the end of the day- what else do you do with the skin of animals you use for meat ( you may aswell make full use of the animal); and what would Siberia, Canada and Russia be without fur.

And btw shock pictures always seem to make your case seem 'shallower'. We need real reasons and evidence to back up your point.

Alot of Animal rights group make that mistake.

No no.. Leather is one thing because it was actually used for meat, but killing animals solely for fur is just BS.

The point is why buy it, all they die for (usually zapped with an anal probe) is a god damn coat, there IS fake and it isn't needed anymore.

All those trees, dying for a god damn wooden chair! Those bastards! [/sarcasm]

Real fur continues to exist as more of a status symbol than anything.

"Are those real?"

Humans have used animals, plants, minerals, etc. for thousands of years simply to satisfy our own desire for luxury. This isn't going to change anytime soon.

No no.. Leather is one thing because it was actually used for meat, but killing animals solely for fur is just BS.

Why is it BS? We kill animals for less.

[hide=]706pxmouseinmousetrapks3.jpg[/hide]

Again i had the wrong thought reading the title of this thread lol.

Really personally i could care less wether they make fur or not, i will never buy it. If they do kill animals and leave the rest, least they can do is compost the bodies for plant food.

cool_sig1.jpg

People only "care" about cute animals. People act like they care about animals dieing so they feel like a good person.

People only "care" about cute animals. People act like they care about animals dieing so they feel like a good person.

Rather not get into that one.. (to the venomai).. And robert nice job making that up on the spot.

[hide=]skinned.jpg[/hide]

Mm, rabbit stew.

And towards your comment to venomai: why not get into it? Otherwise there's nowhere for this thread to go, a nice debate it always good. Unless someone starts flaming. But if you can avoid that, it's good.

Personally, I really don't care, and actually laugh at those who oppose it. Especially when they dump paint on fur products. Then the animal(s) has/have died in vain, and more must be killed to make the replacement.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

All those trees, dying for a god damn wooden chair! Those bastards! [/sarcasm]

Real fur continues to exist as more of a status symbol than anything.

"Are those real?"

Humans have used animals, plants, minerals, etc. for thousands of years simply to satisfy our own desire for luxury. This isn't going to change anytime soon.

Holy [cabbage]... That's the truest thing I've ever seen.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

I personally don't care about people wearing real fur. I also, on the other hand, wouldn't wear it myself.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

I agree with cave men wearing fur, and people with no other way to keep warm. Fur is hella warm, like extremely fricken warm. Better then a lot of synthetics out there today.

Fur now exists really as a fashion item, apparently fake fur is just tacky. But I find fashion to the most part ridiculous. Yeah there is nothing wrong with a bit of pride in presentation. But the things people adorn surpass absurdity.

I am of the opinion that killing for no real reason is wrong. Assuming we are the owners of the lives of all animals, is the same as the prehistoric and very historic principle of might is right.

But to be honest fur is rather insignificant to the amount of damage we do to animals. Deforestation destroys like 13 million hectares of the worlds forest per annum, a lot of which is from un-inhabited regions which would be killing billions of living organisms. Every powerplant is spewing out crap that gets caught in water ways. Plastic bags, and all manner of rubish suffocate animals a plenty, even those pretty dolphins everyone loves.

BUT OH NOES THAT WRETCH IS WEARING A COAT WHERE THE ANIMAL DIED WITH OUT KNOWING, DIE! DIE! I MUST NOW WRITE ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNETS WHERE MY COMPUTER IS WASTING SO MUCH POWER BUT WHO CARES THEN ILL GO PRINT OUT FLIERS THAT HAVE COME FROM FORESTS PUTTING PICTURES OF AN ABJECT NATURE! PEOPLE SHALL KNOW MY RAGE, AS LOGIC DOES NOT REIGN IN MY MIND

Seriously, worry about something more worthwhile.