Summoning looked down upon?

nightzero

It's looked down upon because it's simply awful in combat. The ONLY combat roles that summons have that are even marginally effective, are healing roles such as a bunyip and a unicorn. These aren't effective in PvP situations when combat levels matter. Sure, summoning is a great skill but it shouldn't affect combat. That's why I don't train it

The_Maddest.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many people feel that summoning is to weak because jagex intended for summoning to be trained up with ur cb so of course a level 110 with 40 summoning will think it is underpowered

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

It's looked down upon because it's simply awful in combat. The ONLY combat roles that summons have that are even marginally effective, are healing roles such as a bunyip and a unicorn. These aren't effective in PvP situations when combat levels matter. Sure, summoning is a great skill but it shouldn't affect combat. That's why I don't train it

Have you seen a Steel Titan? How can you call that 'awful in combat'? Summoning is awful in combat at low levels, as it should be. At higher levels, it can be highly decisive.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I can stay a lot longer at places where I kill monsters like waterfiends etc because of bunyip and unicorn just like hp would let me stay longer. I can feel when doing slayer with those 2 that they are hugely helpfull.

60 waterfiends before bunyip 200 with.

8 max mithril dragons without unicorn 14+ (maybe more when I try it a bit) with unicorn.

So to me personally yes they are worth combat they make me able to kill more monsters.

As for combat familiars I quite like my geyser titan Its max hit without scrolls are 21 and with scrolls its 28. It has for me so far been very usefull in slayer tasks (many slayer tasks are now actually possible to get in multicombat)

on top of that there is a huge list of familiars that I find very much benefits my daily life In rs. as mentioned before I use summoning like 90 percent of my time in rs now.

I love it ...I really love it :D

thrawnsigresize.PNG

#431 to get 99 Smith, #527 to get 99 Summoning

Thrawn.png

Thrawn.png

I really don't see why some don't consider it as a 'real' combat stat. If it helps me in combat in any way, it should affect my combat level; and summoning does. I laugh at those who say "1 Summoning FTW" because all that says is that they are too narrow-minded to try a new skill, which is pretty sad in itself :roll:

I may only be a 113 without summoning, but that doesn't mean summoning hinders me. [Except perhaps in BH, where my summoning is useless but I still keep the combat levels :?]

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

The problem is that in many situations you actualy cant use summoning (in pvm at least). This means that it is not an accurate reflection of your combat abilitys. Like prayers, summoning only impacts your killing ability if you use it which many people don't (pack animals with no combat ability are the most popular).

And pray is looked down on too, albeit not in the same way as summoning. I have a resonable prayer level, but because I almost never use it I actualy have a combat level that is a gross misrepresentation of my combat prowess. I guess many people are used to a CB level as being 'comabt ability' when it is actualy '(relative) maximum potential combat ability'. The 'relitive' refers to the comparrison of different things on the same scale (like 3 str levels is roughly 4 def levels).

summining is so usefull!! i am currently using bull ants to help me hold logs. it is faster and that guy that you meet was just stupid. imo summining is the most usefull skill that jagex has made and one of my favorite :thumbsup:

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

The problem is that in many situations you actualy cant use summoning (in pvm at least). This means that it is not an accurate reflection of your combat abilitys. Like prayers, summoning only impacts your killing ability if you use it which many people don't (pack animals with no combat ability are the most popular).

And pray is looked down on too, albeit not in the same way as summoning. I have a resonable prayer level, but because I almost never use it I actualy have a combat level that is a gross misrepresentation of my combat prowess. I guess many people are used to a CB level as being 'comabt ability' when it is actualy '(relative) maximum potential combat ability'. The 'relitive' refers to the comparrison of different things on the same scale (like 3 str levels is roughly 4 def levels).

Yea I get your point, many avid PCers are angry about summoning because it makes more "low lvls" come into the 100+ boat. I understand their frustration as summoning is not allowed in pc and it messes up the whole way you look at peoples levels.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Id like to point out that summoning is like prayer.

A summon is strong no matter your summon level. You could have 50 or 99, the familiar still does the same job. Basically its potential power. You activate a pouch to gain the power of summoning, and use it for allotted time. Prayer. Potential power until you activate it. It goes its allotted time. You still get the bonus of piety at level 70 or 99, just the length it lasts (summoning points draining ring a bell?)

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

People don't treat summoning like a combat skill because Jagex just crapped the whole thing up :shock: (Not like me to say that.)

Why isn't summoning aloud in non-multi, why does summoning not gain me xp, why does it boost my cb where it cant be used, why is there an option in the Dual Arena to allow it - not disallow like the other cb skills, why do we not get free generic pouches in F.O.G, why is there not an option for summoning xp in pc?

Jagex don't treat it like a cb skill so no one else should either. It shouldn't be a cb skill, remove attacking summons and keep skill related ones and b.o.b familiars, now we have a semi-decent skill non-combat skill.

More over, jagex has made summoning very pricey, many familiars which we would consider normal cost way to much, and thats before you add on the price of seconds #-o .

Jagex seriously need to adress ALL (its in cap and bold because there are alot of problems) the issues with summoning before it should be treated like magic, or any other combat skill for that matter....

summoning shouldnt be looked down as a "combat level raiser" used to raise combat. and anyone who has spent their time actually levelling it up will realise that it it useful. people will realize it is useful in the end. its just the time between when they realize summoning is a proper skill

Money_Wasted.png

People don't treat summoning like a combat skill because Jagex just crapped the whole thing up :shock: (Not like me to say that.)

Why isn't summoning aloud in non-multi, why does summoning not gain me xp, why does it boost my cb where it cant be used, why is there an option in the Dual Arena to allow it - not disallow like the other cb skills, why do we not get free generic pouches in F.O.G, why is there not an option for summoning xp in pc?

Jagex don't treat it like a cb skill so no one else should either. It shouldn't be a cb skill, remove attacking summons and keep skill related ones and b.o.b familiars, now we have a semi-decent skill non-combat skill.

More over, jagex has made summoning very pricey, many familiars which we would consider normal cost way to much, and thats before you add on the price of seconds #-o .

Jagex seriously need to adress ALL (its in cap and bold because there are alot of problems) the issues with summoning before it should be treated like magic, or any other combat skill for that matter....

You have some very valid points :thumbup:

however about the price of summoning, sure it costs alot but it wasnt meant to be cheap >.>

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?