Summoning looked down upon?

nightzero

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

summoning is a crap skill

imo it shouldnt add to combat because you have to buy it

well you have to "buy" combat too...you buy the weapons and armor...you buy the food or take the time to fish/make the food...you buy other supplies for combat.

its only a crap skill to you because you're just a clueless noob that didn't take five seconds out of your pathetic gaming to find out how usefull the skill can actually be.

kwarlord.png

"Hey, I can't help it if I was born this cool." Adell, Disgaea 2

Summoning is looked down upon mostly because it's a new skill. Many players thinks that it's a little like cheating to level up in combat by training summoning, even though that it is, as you say, an expensive skill which takes a lot of time to train. My theory is that these players have trained a lot of the old combat skills and reached a rather high combat level. Then when summoning is released they noticed how players which had a lower combat level before suddenly got a higher combat level than themselves. This made them a little :evil: , even though they themselves could train summoning and level in combat as fast as the other players who already did.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I am 120 without a single 99 cape. My highest skill is 92 magic, does that make me noobish? I think not, I just dont like to grind my way to 99, rather have a few 80+.

Got a quest cape though, better than an untrimmed fletching cape :D. ("better" is of course an opinion...)

I am 120 without a single 99 cape. My highest skill is 92 magic, does that make me noobish? I think not, I just dont like to grind my way to 99, rather have a few 80+.

Got a quest cape though, better than an untrimmed fletching cape :D. ("better" is of course an opinion...)

I have a quest cape too, imo better than alot of 99's

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Ill bet you train your range by cutting down trees, fletching the arrows and bows, then ranging, right? You prolly RC your runes too (all of them). Oh, prayer, cant forget the thousands of house you spent at dragons to get all those bones to bury.

No. You buy those skills. No one looks down on magic, range, or prayer; when you usually buy them unless your insane and want to fletch or catch chins or RC your way there.

If your going to say summoning is bad, at least get a better fool proof reason.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Ill bet you train your range by cutting down trees, fletching the arrows and bows, then ranging, right? You prolly RC your runes too (all of them). Oh, prayer, cant forget the thousands of house you spent at dragons to get all those bones to bury.

No. You buy those skills. No one looks down on magic, range, or prayer; when you usually buy them unless your insane and want to fletch or catch chins or RC your way there.

If your going to say summoning is bad, at least get a better fool proof reason.

Lol pwned =D>

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

• 2 weeks later...
ok guys

are you ready for this?

this is the post to end all posts on this thread

let's make summoning not effect combat level, but ranged, prayer, and magic too

that way you really get your real combat level, that is your bare fisted, beat the living cabbage out of each other without all those other skills effecting your level

i mean when you're not using those skills they're useless right? so why should they determine your combat level, i mean what good is my ranged level when i'm meleeing?

(sarcastic post)

but do you see my point here?

you could make the exact same argument about any of those 4 skills summoning is a combat skill

end of story

so stfu

Ranged and Magic doesn't affect your combat level unless they're better than your melee stats.

I've gotta agree with highlander. By getting summoning levels, if you are not using them in combat, they are false levels. The same applies to prayer. If you get for example 50 prayer and don't use it in combat, those levels you got from the prayer levels are false. If you DO use summoning or prayer however in combat, then it's a different story.

ok max your melee stats while having 1 magic and ranged and tell me what your combat level is

i betcha it's lower that someone with those maxed out too

You are an idiot.

That is all I'm going to say.

People on this thread need to educate themselves before they decide to jump into the fun of discussion, because with false knowledge you just make yourself look like a moron, which quite a few people on here have already done.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

part of the reason that summoning is looked down upon becides that it is new is that places like pest control has become overrun with 94s and 95s who just leveled up their summoning because they wanted to be able to get on the highest lander and then they are hurtful the to group as a whole.

billybobj282.gif

wow, first of all. Some people in this thread are just obviously trolling or have no idea whats going on in the game.

2, summoning is good for alot of things, take the bunyip for the only example i am going to make. Better then guthans. last i checked 7.3mil, You could spend like half of that(even less now) getting level 68. only downside about bunyip? 40hp. But its a defensive role, so i only see them being killed in CW if someone does bring it. I am sure they get attacked else where by NPC's, but i have no idea where.

Summoning only ruins your account for bounty hunting in med and low crater, for things as cw it doesn't matter. I personaly look down on summoning because I feel it's rather useless (sure it can be usefull at a high lvl, but it would take more time to get to that lvl than the benefits are worth). So sometimes when I see a lvl 115 who is that high because he raised summoning I think "wow what a shame that he trained summoning, he could've kick [wagon] at the med crater, he must be a skilling noob". Not that I would say it in his face, I respect their choice. It's the same about skillers in general, I think they're all insane for liking to do the same over and over again without risk or danger or multiplayer aspects, but that won't make me want to swear at any skiller I see in rs.

I didn't know people looked down on summoning. I can see no reason why, it is certainly not an easy skill to get a good lvl in.

I do know that many are still disappointed by the skill, including me. Sure, summoning is probably very usefull for many tasks ingame, but I really wanted the familiars to help me in combat. That is something they rarely do since they only fight in multi combat zones, which are nearly non existing in the game. Secondly, I prefer to range as many monsters as possible and then the multi combat zones really are useless, as they are mostly designed for melee.

I know a bunyip can help me recover health, but what is the point when using safespots?

I'll get back on topic now, there is no such thing as a false combat lvl. Some players want their combat lvl as high as possible, others want the exact opposite. Summoning might not be your cup of tea, but there is no reason to disrespect it.

phata_elise.png

Summoning effects combat level in nearly the same way as Prayer does. It is not a constant bonus, but when you have it, it can be a pretty good one.

If you have an argument against Summoning, take it up against Prayer as well.

=ZF

anchormansigcomplete.png

No skill must be bought. If you want you can kill ice giants for all the charms you need to get 99. Of course not many people do that. Most people buy prayer. AHAHAHAHA THEREFORE PRAYER SHOULDN'T AFFECT COMBAT!!!

Summoning is a separate case. There's no way to get all the spirit shards and blank pouches without finding them on the ground. It must be bought. Charms, seconds, and transportation to and from obelisks could be free, but shards and blank pouches are controlled.

Summoning is not as costly as people make it out to be. Achieving level 32-40 is quite easy for anyone, and it adds 4-5 combat levels on. So a 105 with 82 melees suddenly becomes a level 110, matched with people who have 90-92 melee skills. This is mainly why people look down on it. They've gone 10 levels higher in melee skills (about 4m experience each) to see people at their level simply because they've gotten 50k experience in a single skill.

Summoning does not make profit. There is no way to make a profit out of summoning with the popular familiars, such as abyssal familiars, terrorbirds, unicorn stallions, or pack yaks. The only pure profit is making pouches that spawn items - and these items rarely cover the cost of the pouch (macaw is an exception). An abyssal familiar carrying essence merely helps you to make more profit with the runecrafting skill. A spiritual terrorbird allowing you to carry 12 more pieces of loot from a slayer task or 12 more logs from the magic trees only helps slayer/combat and woodcutting respectively to make profit. A unicorn stallion allowing you to stay longer at GWD bosses only helps combat make money. Summoning is a support skill, not a pure moneymaker.

2496 Completionist

I don't think people are quite used to the idea of 126 not being the ultimate combat. Which is part of the reason Summoning is looked down upon. But yeah, I get the same problems. People laugh when they see my combat stats, then my combat level. None are in the 90's, and I'm a level 118. then I see these level 107's in an attack cape. *sigh* :oops:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I don't think people are quite used to the idea of 126 not being the ultimate combat. Which is part of the reason Summoning is looked down upon. But yeah, I get the same problems. People laugh when they see my combat stats, then my combat level. None are in the 90's, and I'm a level 118. then I see these level 107's in an attack cape. *sigh* :oops:

I feel ya, man. I'm 115 cb and my highest combat skill is a 89 :oops:

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Yes, summoning is looked down upon, personally i havnt gotten to train it much (lvl 48 i believe currenty f2p :wall: )

The people who tend to look down on it, are arrogant [puncture]s who are mad that there's a new dynamic to the game, deal with it, evolve and adapt, humans are pretty well known for doing that ::'

to those who say that it shouldnt count towards combat because you dont always use it, well, sure, YOU dont always use it, some people DO use it. Not everyone uses defence? when you range blue dragons, you arent using your defence, strength, attack, hp, mage, i mean cmon, thats a weak arguement. thats like saying my eyes shouldnt count towards my pilots licence because i dont use them when i sleep! seriously, if im trying to sell loot, there isnt a familiar who helps me make a sale (which would be totally awesome by the way) so i dont use a familiar, but if im going somewhere where summoning will benifit, hell yes i will use a familiar! this is a new spin on prayer to be honest, except way more functional! its not just a combat thing now, i mean you dont use prayer 100% of the time, (unless your rich and carry ppots everywhere) you use it when its needed, thus the point of a SKILL. you dont go into life with one skill and say your all good, unless your me and have the skill of amazing :shame:

so, in closing, great skill, it requires combat to get, so yeah, it should help with combat level, its required to be purchased (shards and pouches) and if you wanna be a trooper, go gather all your own seconds, see you at 99 budd! deal with it, as i said before, if you dont adapt, you die. Period.

*you can probably live without summoning, but its benifits are undeniably good, and you should get off your high horse and try it!*

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Summoning is useless in combat.

You just haul stuff around with them... big deal.

I wish I had 1 summoning again instead of 80 so I could have that cool 126 pure look.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol