85 Mining

Gin_and_Tonic

For 50-85 mining, its 91k iron ores.

Im just curious as to how quickly you can power mine iron?

I'd use somewhere with three easy iron spots (al-kharid for example), and mine 3, drop 3 etc.

I was thinking about 1k an hour ish... Any other ideas?

I suppose you are p2p?

If so, the fastest way to training mining by mining iron, dropping or otherwise, is to mine south of Piscatoris. You need a spirit kyatt pouch at teleports to bank (castle wars preferably)

Simply mine iron ore and bank when you are full, then get your Kyatt to teleport you back (right next to the mine)

Of course the pouch is not cheap, but the ores you mine will more than pay for it

If you do not have to mine iron, the fastest way to train is to mine granite at the Quarry south of the Bandit Camp. Should you decide to do that, the best way is to drop the granite when waiting for the rocks to respawn. Since you will take different times to mine each rock, there is no definitive such as 'mine 3 drop 3'. Also, as it is in the desert you will be subject to the desert dehydration effect, and so require waterskins. It is best to replenish the supply of water in those skins by using the lunar spell Humidify.

Whichever method you choose, you should use Varrock armor as it speeds up the mining by around 10%

Hegel.png

Thanks for that, Chenjs2, thats exactly what i was looking for.

I am p2p, yet. I will need to raise my summoning level to whatever i need for Kyatts, but banking would be a benifit to me as it would probably be quicker than dropping.

I'll also need to do Piscatoris quests, but that wont take long.

As for Granite, i'd heard its fast.

I'll need to unlock lunar spells and get the mage level needed to cast the spell.

I'll look into the above and see which is best.

Thank you

If you do not have to mine iron, the fastest way to train is to mine granite at the Quarry south of the Bandit Camp. Should you decide to do that, the best way is to drop the granite when waiting for the rocks to respawn. Since you will take different times to mine each rock, there is no definitive such as 'mine 3 drop 3'. Also, as it is in the desert you will be subject to the desert dehydration effect, and so require waterskins. It is best to replenish the supply of water in those skins by using the lunar spell Humidify.

Or, if you've done Dealing with Scabaras, you could use an enchanted water tiara.

If you want speed, drop-granite would probably be best.

If you want profit, use the Kyatt method.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

You don't need to complete Swan Song to use the phiscatoris mine, I used it without the quest.

I'd go with the kyatt method too. No dropping (so no rsi) and 1k-1.1k iron ores per hour.

2dvjurb.png

It is around 43k xp per hour on average, but peaks at 51k xp per hour if you really concentrate. Around 1200-1450ores per hour. And that is only on alkharid on full world.

I heard granite is good as well, but iron doesnt req waterskins

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

On a really good connection it's possible to get at least 50k xp/hr (1400+ iron ores). I've tested on slower connections and I average around 35k xp/hr. I always mine in Al Kharid and my best was around 52k xp/hr. I'm F2P so I'm not sure if Granite or other mining places are better.

19205215.png

Iron.....if you are not going to keep them there is no point.

Granite is always going to be better for levels. Lunars aside, if you go in full desert gear you would last around 2minutes per dose of water. So if you go in there with 25 waterskins (3 spots for the granite), you could last more than 3 hours. Which is extremely decent.

It could be also quite useful for profits as well, as each 500g is worth 1.4k though banking would be a huge problem. Just mine a full inventory of it before you leave.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

That kyatt method sounds like a great idea for me to use too :lol: I always hate using up kyatts though, just seems so wasteful...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20