[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to prove your worth as a spy:

Successfully topscore as an Invis watch+ Kunai spy on 32 man Dustbowl.

I'm pretty sure that can't be done.

It ain't a challenge unless it's instant or fast spawn.

Most 32 man dustbowl servers that I've ever played on are <10 second respawns.

^The new sapper is a straight upgrade in a lot of situations, actually:

-If it's stab n sap the engineer is dead so sapping time doesn't matter.

-If you just run by everything and sap them all a good engineer will save all 3. With this new sapper at least 2 of the buildings will be downgraded, meaning the engy loses 400 or more metal rebulding his nest from a simply sap n run.

-If a team is pushing with your saps then damage from the sapper won't really matter, but if you get killed the difference between a level 3 and a level 2 sentry in health and power will make life a lot easier for your team.

This sacrifices killing power for more overall usefulness in my opinion.

Also it takes longer to kill minisentries, and since no-one unsaps a minisentry, this means the engineer has to go longer without his sentry.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

It's worse in the sap and shoot method in which case the engineer has time to heal his Sentry or Teleporter. Meaning you have to do a pure 3-9 seconds of Sapper replacement if you want to kill guarded buildings.

Also, Engineers will be willing to break it off Mini Sentries as it does no damage.

It's worse in the sap and shoot method in which case the engineer has time to heal his Sentry or Teleporter. Meaning you have to do a pure 3-9 seconds of Sapper replacement if you want to kill guarded buildings.

Also, Engineers will be willing to break it off Mini Sentries as it does no damage.

But for a stab n stab or sap n shoot to work the engineer in question has to be bad or unsupported.

In high levels of play sapping is almost always a diversion to make taking sentries down easier.

And the engineer stopping to whack his mini sentry makes him vulnerable.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

But for a stab n stab or sap n shoot to work the engineer in question has to be bad or unsupported.

In high levels of play sapping is almost always a diversion to make taking sentries down easier.

And the engineer stopping to whack his mini sentry makes him vulnerable.

Quit assuming they won't work. Wouldn't that mean having the regular sapper's damage, be a good thing?

Not having a mini-sentry makes an engineer vulnerable.

I really like the new sapper even though I never play as spy. It's definitely an upgrade which sacrifices immediate raw power for better utility and tactical usage. Sorta like the degreaser.

I wonder how mvm servers will work. Would they just be hosted locally?

From what I've read it uses a 32 person server with 26 bots and 6 players.

I played Coal Town and Decoy. Very fun, but lacks scaling difficulty with players though.

Nigh impossible solo, too easy with max players.

Demoman is still best class. 80 stickies is just way too good, soldier is nice n all, but he just can't keep up with the likes of heavy and demoman in sheer power, nor scout and engy in utility.

Optimal set up seems to be 1 kritz medic, 2 demos, 1 heavy, 1 engy and 1 scout.

^Beggar's bazooka is actually one of the most OP items in MvM in my opinion.

11 rocket barrages that reload super fast. Seriously.

[/hide]

I'm not saying it's bad, beggar's is the best soldier weapon, however sticky launcher outdamages it with sticky traps along with being more versatile, and heavies are better for crowd controll, but If we are talking about efficiency only, there is just no space for a soldier. 2 demos ensures maximum dps on tank, killing uber medic in 1 shot, along with being the most OP class in the game. 1 Heavy is essesncial for crow control, even if it's DPS sucks. 1 Kritz Medic because Krtiz is absolutely amazing and so are kritz sticky traps. 1 scattergun+milk+fan scout for utility and some obcenely high dps once he has his Scatter well maintained and an engy for wrangled sentries. Me and some friend have been playing it nonstop these days, and ther jus isn't space for a soldier on an optimized team.

I finally got around to playing both normal and Mann Up modes. I found the normal one much harder, but maybe that was just because of the people I was playing with. Kritz Brass Beast heavies are pretty good. We actually had a spy collect the money for us which actually worked out a lot better than a scout doing so. We only failed one round in Mann Up because three of us lagged out at the same time.

I only got a normal botkiller scatter gun and a tin hat from my first Tour of Duty. And normal mode is exactly the same as Mann Up mode, you can see that from the quickplay menu, unless you played on a costum waves server, but thats irrelevant.

Heavies are great against mobs, but just so bad agant Tanks, I die a bit everytime I see a Heavy or a Pyro trying to hurt the tank with their main weapons. It's just such bad dps it's better tu actually use un-upgraded shotgun in teh case of pyro, heavy can outdame the shotgun a bit with fire rate fully upgraded on the bras beast. It's much better to leave heavies/ pyro dealing with mods while demo/soldiers take care of the tank.