[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've also been playing a lot of Highlander lately in a clan and getting into the competitive scene.

We're probably not in the same league, but what team are you? I'm bEAST.

We've only had one game so far, but it looks like it'll be a great season.

Well i know with American/Europe they have catagories for skill levels like Steel, Platinum etc.

Australians are JUST AUS/NZ due to the low amount of clans we have, plus this is the first time they have an Australian group, so it'll be interesting.

We can haz our own unique badge plz valve? :D

Popoto.~<3

How good do you have to be to get involved in these leagues? I'm a decent scout and I can pubstomp on most servers, but I'd probably get crushed against good players.

Watch instructional/frag vids on youtube, find a server running MGE mod (deathmatch), try out tf2lobby.com.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I always thought I'd be decent for competitive as Heavy, but I don't really want to join one. I just play for fun and obtain hats!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There's teams that aren't serious. The one im in, Arcana although we try to play serious, we generally joke around a lot also. I know that if you're in a clan that's got a tigh-arse leader or everyone's strict and stuff, it WILL suck.

In other news, pumped for our 2nd UGC round on tues.

Popoto.~<3

Highlander and 6s are really just as serious as you make them. I'm lucky to have found a team of pretty talented guys who like to mess around. The big thing in each league is the coordination, I'd say, and once you get that down you're golden. That's why you'll find yourself floundering if you're just trying to pick it up and run with it. It's not like a pub in that regard. Most teams, if they want to get good, will practice and scrim together, but my team hasn't so far. Like I said, it is whatever you make it.

• 3 weeks later...

>doesn't play scout for a few weeks

>plays scout

>aim is shit

And I can't seem to win it back L

weeeew. had our 6th UGC round last night. all tied up 3-3 now on our win/lose ratio. Doing good, and I traded my Unusuals up for a Burning Gatsby which I love. next season I'm thinking of changing to Medic as In the local pubs, I'm one of the best. :3

Popoto.~<3

>doesn't play scout for a few weeks

>plays scout

>aim is shit

And I can't seem to win it back L

This feel is my feel. I'm not playing TF2 really until the end of November :x Nearly 2 months of no FPS will make me sooo rusty. Oh well. I then have 4 months to get good at TF2 again.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

ogod Ouchy's a mod now. (unless he always was?)

Gunna miss my UGC match next week due to job interviews. Hope it doesnt peev the clan guys off since they do know I've recently moved here.

Popoto.~<3

ogod Ouchy's a mod now. (unless he always was?)

Gunna miss my UGC match next week due to job interviews. Hope it doesnt peev the clan guys off since they do know I've recently moved here.

What are you currently playing as? Also, I understand the whole being an awesome medic in pubs. However, everyone thinks I'm shit because I don't always uber heavies.

What are you currently playing as? Also, I understand the whole being an awesome medic in pubs. However, everyone thinks I'm shit because I don't always uber heavies.

Well duh, if you don't pocket heabies u r terribad medic. ever1 knows that

I can't go Medic for that reason. People are generally bad and I feel I fight better than the guy I'm healing. :mad:

I am becoming a good Demoman though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg