[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

[hide=Awesomeness]team4tress2copygh3.jpg[/hide]

Wow, I just got this on stumble upon. :lol:

So what's the side effect to "Atomic Punch"? Obviously, you can't just run around drinking it and never ever die. Do you slow down?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the side effect to "Atomic Punch"? Obviously, you can't just run around drinking it and never ever die. Do you slow down?

After the beneficial effects of the radiation wear off,drinkers have reported experiencing feelings of lethargy that can last several seconds

I'm guessing that 1 out of every ten drinks will make you slow down to the speed of a heavy for a few seconds after the high :?

Looks quite useful, in fairness I almost never use the pistol. :roll:

Also, what map is that? Doesn't look like any of the maps I've ever seen, possibly another new one?

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Looks quite useful, in fairness I almost never use the pistol. :roll:

Also, what map is that? Doesn't look like any of the maps I've ever seen, possibly another new one?

It looks like a double-pl map to me. And if you watch really good scouts (CEVO-P level), then you realize that they rarely end up using their pistol.

After the beneficial effects of the radiation wear off,drinkers have reported experiencing feelings of lethargy that can last several seconds

I'm guessing that 1 out of every ten drinks will make you slow down to the speed of a heavy for a few seconds after the high :?

I'm guessing that every drink makes you slow down after the high. If it didn't this would be brutally overpowered in the right hands. You'd essentially be giving the scout a speed boost which doubles as a mini-uber whenever he wants with a side affect only happening 10% of the time?

Not really liking this update so far. It's just giving the scout a bunch of weapons that will make bad people do well with him :/

jjroxlu7.jpg

So you're trying to say that a good player isn't going to be able to do better with these?

You realize that all of the updates so far have been made to put life into the lesser played classes right. Valve wanted to balance the scout so he wouldn't be as hard to get into but still would have a lot of strategy. Complaining that more people will play scout is kind of meh.

So you're trying to say that a good player isn't going to be able to do better with these?

You realize that all of the updates so far have been made to put life into the lesser played classes right. Valve wanted to balance the scout so he wouldn't be as hard to get into but still would have a lot of strategy. Complaining that more people will play scout is kind of meh.

Pyro is a lesser played class?

All of the updates have made sucky people better, right? Giving a pyro a long range gun and 100% crit weapon, 2 actually. It's not exactly hard to get behind someone, and the only thing sacrificed is an ability everyone's played without. And an uber-charging bonesaw? More people I've seen use that than the needlegun, which also now recharges health. So I don't know if you're crusading against just the Scout stuff, which is silly, or the updates as a whole because bad players can do better, which is still silly.

Although scouts go get very annoying, and if a bunch of people play Scout at once....glad I don't have the PC version now :P

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

Pyro was Lenin. When TF2 came out not many people played them due to the difficulty of the class.

And not sure if you were talking to me, but I'm not crusading anything. I'm looking forward to the update. :)

Nah, I was talking to jjrox. I thought you quoted him. But really? I see pyros six ways till Sunday on 360, I thought it was the same all throughout.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/egypt.htm

CP_Egpyt and CP_Fastlane update. Egypt looks a bit odd to me tbh, though hopefully it'll be interesting when it comes to SG placement.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

CP_Egpyt and CP_Fastlane update. Egypt looks a bit odd to me tbh, though hopefully it'll be interesting when it comes to SG placement.

I've played CP_Egypt before and it's a fun map. Fairly odd, but still good.

(remember these are community maps, not entirely new ones. I've played the arena_watchtower as well).

Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable )

I like how they are hinting at the new scattergun. Makes me think it might give scouts the option to do a "rocket jump" kind of thing... =P~

Nah, I was talking to jjrox. I thought you quoted him. But really? I see pyros six ways till Sunday on 360, I thought it was the same all throughout.

If I remember right pyros were nerfed pretty close after release, and I don't think that 360 gets any of the patches to the game. So they were pretty widely played (OP really) and then got brought down and hardly anyone played them.

If I can remember right, that is. Of course I remember in TFC when no one would ever want to play a pyro.

Honestly the truly good scouts won't be able to use this since I have a feeling it will be banned from scrims and competitive matches. Most people here don't already realize that the scout is probably the most powerful all around class in the right hands, and giving him 5 seconds of invincibility isn't helping that. A good scout will be able to run in, pop the medic twice for the kill, and run out while drinking BONK to make him invulnerable to bullets.

I just really hope that this stuff doesn't turn the skill gap of the scout into the skill gap of the pyro.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Honestly the truly good scouts won't be able to use this since I have a feeling it will be banned from scrims and competitive matches. Most people here don't already realize that the scout is probably the most powerful all around class in the right hands, and giving him 5 seconds of invincibility isn't helping that. A good scout will be able to run in, pop the medic twice for the kill, and run out while drinking BONK to make him invulnerable to bullets.

I just really hope that this stuff doesn't turn the skill gap of the scout into the skill gap of the pyro.

The Bonk drink is going to slow the scout after using it. I'm not sure why people would ban these from competitive play.

The Bonk drink is going to slow the scout after using it. I'm not sure why people would ban these from competitive play.

Lets see.

Scout finds soldier/medic combo. Scout pops BONK, caps the medic and runs back to safety before the drink wears off.

jjroxlu7.jpg

That still takes strategy to do though. I mean some scrub scout is not going to be able to hit the medic in time before the soldier kills him. However the bad scout might be able to get away with popping the drink mid fight, so he can at least get the medic (and probably end up dying to the soldier) while the good scout kills the medic and gets away.

At least wait for it to get on the servers before making too much of an opinion. We don't even know how long it (and the debuff) lasts.

I just had my best ever Scout game. 15 points total, 14 kills. Then later I topped my record dominations (now 3) and defenses (now 4). Defensive scout on 2fort is reallllly easy.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/force-a-nature.htm

Finally my F5ing showed something. A knockback + a rocket jump, awesome.

I'm already laughing at the title. :lol:

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I just had my best ever Scout game. 15 points total, 14 kills. Then later I topped my record dominations (now 3) and defenses (now 4). Defensive scout on 2fort is reallllly easy.

Yeah on the 360 version :P

Did anyone else do that poll at the bottom of the page? I voted for The Sandman to be unlocked first but it looks like the Force-A-Nature is going to be first...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Yeah on the 360 version :P

Did anyone else do that poll at the bottom of the page? I voted for The Sandman to be unlocked first but it looks like the Force-A-Nature is going to be first...

I voted Bonk!. Just because.

And shut up.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I've played CP_Egypt before and it's a fun map. Fairly odd, but still good.

(remember these are community maps, not entirely new ones. I've played the arena_watchtower as well).

Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable )

I like how they are hinting at the new scattergun. Makes me think it might give scouts the option to do a "rocket jump" kind of thing... =P~

If I remember right pyros were nerfed pretty close after release, and I don't think that 360 gets any of the patches to the game. So they were pretty widely played (OP really) and then got brought down and hardly anyone played them.

If I can remember right, that is. Of course I remember in TFC when no one would ever want to play a pyro.

Looking at the achievement list for scout, it looks like the scattergun has a knockback effect, so possibly firing at the ground pushes you up?

EDIT: Just saw the update =O Rocket jump effect? Awesome!

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Looks like a good update ::' . I'm guessing the new knockback will be a bit like the compression blast when it comes to forcing back other players.

I also voted for Bonk, as I said it'll be so much more useful than the pistol.

draciontheman.png