[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyelander + Charge = epic win.

Nothing else needs to be said. I am a [bleep]ing beast with it.

[hide]nDRFz.jpg[/hide]

Notice the # of heads which is the amount of people I killed with it in that life.

It caps at 4 heads and with that you get 210 hp and move probably between pyro and scout movement speed.

It really is a great weapon though with the targe. Even better is if you combine it with a kritzreig or uber. I had crits with it and due to your such high HP and movement speed you can just run around and DESTROY with it. It's really one of those weapons that the first kill or two might be a bit tougher than normal to get, but after that you're so buffed up (especially right now where a majority are demo/soldier so your -65% or so to explosion dmg comes in a lot) that you can just run around and kill people, and then either charge to get to the next target or charge to escape. That's how I managed the 10 heads (I probably could have gone on for a while on that map, but it ended). The targe really is just such a damn good item.

Also steam servers went bonkers tonight, I managed to unlock 2 hats, all of the demoman and soldier items (Direct Hit, banner, pick axe, Eyelander, Targe, Sticky launcher, boots) and a bunch of other useless crap.

Finally to you guy's talking about the banner being useless, yeah right. I haven't used it yet myself but not only are minicrits pretty awesome (especially when you're running with a lot of demoman/soldiers) but it lasts for a pretty decent amount of time as well with a nice radius. I saw a lot of really good pushes because they had like 8 people buffed with it.

Oh and the new maps, the "double cross" map is amazing. Just such a cool map, I was really impressed with Valve. The gorge isn't bad by any means but I think it's just overshadowed by this new one, which could easily become one of my favorites.

ps: already got left 4 head acheivement.

left_4_heads.png

Left 4 Heads

Decapitate 4 players with only 10 seconds between each kill.

Play some today for the update, and I would of sworn we went back in time... drunk charging Scots all over the place!

Was a great sight to see. :grin:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Why does it feel like most of the weapons in this update seems to be really unbalanced.

Chargin' Targe: Really 65% less blast damage and 50% less fire damage and provides a critical-bonus charge and gives a bonus of criticals to the Eyelander is there really a reason not to use it with neatly no negatives.

Eyelander: Its the same thing as the bottle but now filled with a speed charge and incredible killing power and it raises my speed and health what! <_<

The Direct Hit: Well to be honest its not over-powered its just it kills any 125 Health Class and possibly a Medic in one hit and is really deadly in narrow areas through it still takes reasonable skill and isn't absurd because of its negatives.

The Equalizer: Its the same thing as the shovel through slightly worse at higher health can now hit harder and raises my speed at lower health which means its alot fairer game wise than the Eyelander since you have to risk more to gain. (This reminds me of KGB and the Ubersaw)

Lets see the Demoman has two weapons that are overpowered already and they give bonuses when they're together how is this balanced there isn't even negative to using it. :angry:

The Soldier items are fairly useful in the places they call for through the Equalizer needs to have some smaller negatives if the Demo's Weapons get nerfed.

Why does it feel like most of the weapons in this update seems to be really unbalanced.

Chargin' Targe: Really 65% less blast damage and 50% less fire damage and provides a critical-bonus charge and gives a bonus of criticals to the Eyelander is there really a reason not to use it with neatly no negatives.

Uhh lack of a sticky launcher? I'm pretty sure that's a huge negative.

They eyelander starts you at lower health, so unless you can kill a few people you're at a disadvantage.

The direct hit takes major range damage decreases. At longer range it barely does damage compared to up close.

The pickaxe you're right about.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Uhh lack of a sticky launcher? I'm pretty sure that's a huge negative.

They eyelander starts you at lower health, so unless you can kill a few people you're at a disadvantage.

The direct hit takes major range damage decreases. At longer range it barely does damage compared to up close.

The pickaxe you're right about.

You can change the Grenade Launcher to the other Sticky Launcher anyways you have the Eyelander do you really need anymore close range.

Still the Eyelander what two hits for a kill on a 125 Health-Medic I'm not even counting the Critical.

I was talking about the Direct Hit being somewhat overpowered so I guess that helps it not be.

So I got my second random hat.

73679064.png

Is this a curse or a blessing. :mellow:

They were giving out camera beards like candy last night lol. I think everyone on my server got one or two.

I've unlocked 3 random hats in like 2 days since I've been back, haha. (Fro, camera beard, bald scout).

I got The Equalizer (if you can sneak around well, or rocket jump behind some enemies, it can really rape) too bad I can't seem to unlock any achievements using it. I also got the Direct Hit, it's hard to get used to, but I'll eventually be able to get some good kills really soon. I just need to get the Gunboats.

Speaking of The Equalizer, I got this really good kill with it, a noob Demo tried to sticky bomb me, but launched me at him, I switched to The Equalizer and killed him as I flew at him.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

How do you get the Targe? I unlocked all the Demoman milestones (legitimately, ooooohhhh yeaaaaah) and didn't get it.

The drop system is really screwed up right now, hence all the camera beards and people not getting milestone items. The update last night should have fixed it according to robin, try going into a server and dieing and see if you get your weapons.

soldersig.jpg

How do you get the Targe? I unlocked all the Demoman milestones (legitimately, ooooohhhh yeaaaaah) and didn't get it.

The drop system is really screwed up right now, hence all the camera beards and people not getting milestone items. The update last night should have fixed it according to robin, try going into a server and dieing and see if you get your weapons.

Have you heard is everyone keeping the unlocks they got? Hopefully so since I already have them all from the odd drop system 2 nights ago.

I love the Eyelnader. It lets me get so many axetinguisher kills :P I just went 73-54 because of all the Demos I took out with the axe, almost all using the eyelander. Several dominations were had. Pretty good for a guy that hasn't played in a month or so.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I love the Eyelnader. It lets me get so many axetinguisher kills :P I just went 73-54 because of all the Demos I took out with the axe, almost all using the eyelander. Several dominations were had. Pretty good for a guy that hasn't played in a month or so.

Tells you how many idiots use it still can't kill you even with the 50% Fire Damage Decrease. <_<

Tells you how many idiots use it still can't kill you even with the 50% Fire Damage Decrease. <_<

Actually it is not that hard to axe them, all the demos I played with the eyelander just charge me, I just side-step or go back pedal a bit, spray them with a burst of flame, and chopped them like Christmas trees.

Or you know, give them two shotgun shells to the face.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Actually it is not that hard to axe them, all the demos I played with the eyelander just charge me, I just side-step or go back pedal a bit, spray them with a burst of flame, and chopped them like Christmas trees.

Or you know, give them two shotgun shells to the face.

Flame

Airblast

Chop

Enjoy.

Did some pretty good sniping today through I'm getting murder by the Eyelander. ;-;

Also got my third Chargin' Targe to celebrate it I crafted them all together to prove I'm above using it and will have a new hat sooner. (27 More Items by the way)

I am probably going to get flamed for this..but I use the backburner because I want the fire chief achievement. :thumbsup:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Air-blasting charging Demomen is hilarious. >:3

New update is just awesome, only have the Direct Hit but it's so cool. <3

I wish I could have picked up some Demo stuff in the massive drop spree that went on a couple of days ago.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Lol, my friend just said this in a Steam convo.

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: hey if u mess around the letters of saxton hale, you get not anal sex

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: crap

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: no u dont

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: wait

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: I GOT IT

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: IM AWESOME

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: saxton hale = [garden tool] anal sex

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: hot anal sex*

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: LOL

Pfc. Widdenlow [34th-ID]: MIX THE LETTERS

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I wish I could have picked up some Demo stuff in the massive drop spree that went on a couple of days ago.

Steam won't stop crashing for me, so I missed out on it all together. :cry:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Steam won't stop crashing for me, so I missed out on it all together.  :cry:

Even today,  four days after the update steam availability is hit or miss.  I can only access my unlocks half the time.

I have 1/3 of a hat now. Refined metal uses so many items, I don't even have any more medic supplies. Or sandviches.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I have 1/3 of a hat now. Refined metal uses so many items, I don't even have any more medic supplies. Or sandviches.

I have 22 Usable unlocks and 2 Refined Metals through they are 1-3 Same Unlocks and some of them are good items. :mellow:

At lowest I need 14 more unlocks.