99 Fishing

Moad14

I want to achieve 99 fishing, but I also want to get decent money out of it. I'm currently 73 fishing, and catching monks. Would it be better to stay on them, or switch to swordies/tunas in Catherby? Please don't bother telling me how far away I am from 99, I already know, but I'm focused enough to get it. Thanks in advance guys. :)

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Keep on catching monks.

They are a good compramise between exp/money, and from 73-99 fishing, you will catch around 100,347 monks, = Around 43mil =)

A7x_fan_4eva.png

14 Skills at 99 All Skills 85+ 2370+ Total

3058 Glacor Kills 326 Shards of Armadyl 1 Ragefire 1 Glaiven 2 Steadfast 33 Effigys

17 Abyssal Whips 5 Staff of Light 5 Dark Bows 40 Dragon Boots 16 Polypore Sticks

62 Barrow Items 6 Pharah Sceptres 117 Effigys

Hmm, sorry to hijack your thread, but how much xp per hour are monks at 73?

I'm planning to get 75 or 80 fishing but I don't feel like fly-fishing, so would it be a good option? Even at 70?

2dvjurb.png

Or you can cook along the way for 99 cooking :)

Thats another idea for you. Kills two birds with one stone and still get 37mil+ cash from it \'

A7x_fan_4eva.png

14 Skills at 99 All Skills 85+ 2370+ Total

3058 Glacor Kills 326 Shards of Armadyl 1 Ragefire 1 Glaiven 2 Steadfast 33 Effigys

17 Abyssal Whips 5 Staff of Light 5 Dark Bows 40 Dragon Boots 16 Polypore Sticks

62 Barrow Items 6 Pharah Sceptres 117 Effigys

Or you can cook along the way for 99 cooking :)

Thats another idea for you. Kills two birds with one stone and still get 37mil+ cash from it \'

Or you can sell the monks and buy swordies to 94 and then sharks. More cost effective ;) .

2dvjurb.png

Sorry, I was really busy and couldn't get back to you.

I have absolutely no idea what the xp rate is at 73, but it's rather slow.

Also, I already have 99 cooking, but thanks for the idea.

I guess I'll stick to monks, maybe switch things up every now and again just for a break. Thanks for your input!

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Good luck on your fishing cape, it was my first cape aswell. Here is some advice that somone gave me and i think it will help you aswell.

The thing you really need to know to acheave a cape like fishing is how to keep your brain ocupied while doing something as boring as fishing. You are looking at about 350+ hours of fishing to get to 99 all said and done. What you should do is find a site that streams TV shows online and watch TV while you do it.

If you start at season 1 of stargate SG1, by the time you are done season 10 you will be close to 99 and will have watched the greatest show every created.

GOOD LUCK!

Fools_Taco.png

You could try barb power fishing to about 95-98 and then fish sharks those last few levels.

I didnt do any calcs or anything, but it may be more efficient, then again it may turn out to be a terrible idea :ohnoes:

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Monkfish are far and away the best moneymaker for 99 fishing. Sharks are just barely more profitable, but only a third as much exp. Even with shark gloves it's not easy to get over 20k exp/hr--you'd need to be really fast at fog.

Swordfish are occasionally worth more than monkfish, thanks to increased demand from f2p; however, probably due to the tuna, the actual swordfish catchrate is a lot slower than monkfish. Swordfish gloves help considerably, but they only serve to make it almost as good, not better, the only advantage being the strength exp, which adds up. But then why not go with heavy rod fishing and get twice the exp rates?

And then lobsters are flat-out strictly worse, giving less profit and less experience than monkfish. And lastly you have monks, which require holy symbols as bait. Monk robes are hard to sell in bulk, so you might as well stay away from Entrana.

So stick with the luphios piscatorius.

I got my 99 fishing at shilo village, and I tried fishing everything. Personally for exp per hour shilovillage wins hands down. For GP & exp per hour, Monks are the way to go. I did monks to level 92 then I thought I had enough money so I did shilo.

David_hal68.png