The History of RuneScape

Jard_Y_Dooku

I wonder if any of you have heard of the website http://runescape.wikia.com/ ?

It's a RuneScape fansite in the style of an encyclopedia - and before you say anything, I am NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE.

My question is, a lot of the articles in the history category [ http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:History ] contain information I've never known and I've actually come to question their legitimacy. Of particular interest to me are these articles:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Runecrafting_altar

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Icyene

Am I just missing a LOT of books and quest dialogue? I do read quest dialogue fully these days, and have read most books, but I would think I'd have heard these things by now? What I'd like to know, is all that information actually true?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

close but not 100% accurate. they state that you need only a tiara to enchant when in fact you must also have a talisman.

I think Yard Y Doku question is mainly oriented at history part of that articles, not about in-game content.

Palas1.png

close but not 100% accurate. they state that you need only a tiara to enchant when in fact you must also have a talisman.

I think Yard Y Doku question is mainly oriented at history part of that articles, not about in-game content.

Lol! "Jard Y Dooku" actually... but yes you are correct.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I probably am the Runescape Historian :P.

The article on runecrafting is brief, but that's a general accurate summary of what happened.

The second article, however...

We have no proof Zilyana is Icyene nore do we have any proof that they are the Vyrewatch. All we really know about the Icyene is that they died out after Draken took over and that they made the Godsword.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

The history given for the Icyene is completey made up.

Nowhere in-game or in letters has anything other than them being icyene and the fact they extinct been released.

Meanwhile for tht runecrafting one the facts are kind of right but they have been expanded upon.

According to the books around lunar isle magic was alreayd in use but only be the very skilled, the rune essnece mine there was the rock they discovered.

The properties they describe of the rune essence is it has a will to be something else, and as such in a location where magical properties were strong large slabs could be willed into becoming altars to that power. Equally then exposing small fragments of the stone to these altars created runes whihc allowed magic to become widespread.

The tribe then fractured over the use of magic, thoose who wanted to use it remained near the stone and became the moonclan the others remaining on the mainland. Those against magic then led wars against the great cities in order to destory the runes, but were defeated leaving only a few to settle in the outpost and village areas.

From then on their historey is pretty much correct.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Even though there's less guides, some of the content within the guides or the skill guides is farm ore detailed than any other FanSite, lol. Out-done by wiki.

Also it's incorrect about the history, flare swords don't exist, and aren't "from the divide pyre overlords set forth by Zamorack.". =P

That was fun.

All that information isn't only from quests and books - talk to everyone and everything.

The summoning guy near Rimmington, don't quite remember his name, speaks some about the history of the wizards tower and explains some runecrafting details in that.

Also, a barbarian on the 3rd floor of one of the barbarian village buildings explains some history of how they got there, and the freminik - with some more runecrafting history.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

n the Year 1 of the Fifth Age, the Fremennik barbarian tribe discovered rune essence in a hidden mountain cave. This strange type of stone possesses the ability to absorb certain energies, which can then be used by humans to cast magic.

This discovery caused a great deal of conflict within the Fremenniks. Some believed that the runes should be used to benefit humanity, whereas others felt that the stones were the property of the gods and that to use them would be an unholy act. The conflict soon threatened to tear the tribe apart.

The half of the tribe that supported the use of runes travelled the world of Gielinor, searching for areas with certain properties that would imbue the runestones with magical energies. Soon, a number of temples had been built all across the world, and the knowledge of runes became commonplace amongst humanity.

The Fremenniks banished the runecrafters from their tribe. These people would eventually become the Moon Clan that inhabits Lunar Isle today. Despite this, the human race began mass production of runes, allowing it to establish itself as a dominant force in much of Gielinor. The Fremenniks would later lead a military campaign known as the Runecrafting Crusades against Kandarin, Asgarnia, and Misthalin as a result.

In the Year 70, the first Wizards' Tower was burned at the hands of Zamorakian mages in a move against the Saradominsts. The few mages that knew the runecrafting process were killed in the fire, and with them the art of runecrafting was lost until the Year 169, during the Rune Mysteries quest. During the 99-year halt in runecrafting, the whereabouts of the alters were lost, their entry temples falling into a state of ruin.

That's the RuneCrafting thing on their site. I don't know how they got that information, but I seriously doubt it's true.

Don't spam pictures. Ever.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

That picture is probably as old as you are alkaline.

OT: I don't know how you guys know all that history and stuff. Pretty much the only thing I know is that there are three gods, Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin... yup, that's about it. Maybe I should take the time and brief through some of those articles.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

Well I know for sure that the first article about runecrafting is true except about the runecrafting crusades.

The second article I have no idea about it since I do not have a saradomin godsword I can not varify that the examine says that. Also that article has no actual proof about it so meh. :?

Some proof!

BEGIN QUOTE

In the Year 1 of the Fifth Age, the Fremennik barbarian tribe discovered rune essence in a hidden mountain cave. This strange type type of stone possesses the ability to absorb certain energies, which can then be used by humans to cast magic.

Proof:

Deduced. Fremmeniks who then inhabited Lunar Isle discovered rune essence in the Lunar Isle mine.

This discovery caused a great deal of conflict within the Fremenniks. Some believed that the runes should be used to benefit humanity, whereas others felt that the stones were the property of the gods and that to use them would be an unholy act. The conflict soon threatened to tear the tribe apart.

The half of the tribe that supported the use of runes travelled the world of Gielinor, searching for areas with certain properties that would imbue the runestones with magical energies. Soon, a number of temples had been built all across the world, and the knowledge of runes became commonplace amongst humanity.

=Proof=

Source: http://www.runescape.com/c=-6c92ada1/kb ... cle_id=490

To answer your question, many years ago a man who is known as the first wizard found a place made of a strange kind of rock that absorbed the mighty powers of nature.

Together with like minded individuals they began to mine this rock, and built mighty temples in honour of the forces they absorbed and began to fashion hundreds and thousands of rune stones in various temples so that they could let anyone with sufficient practice use these forces as magical spells.

The Fremenniks banished the runecrafters from their tribe. These people would eventually become the Moon Clan that inhabits Lunar Isle today. Despite this, the human race began mass production of runes, allowing it to establish itself as a dominant force in much of Gielinor. The Fremenniks would later lead a military campaign known as the Runecrafting Crusades against Kandarin, Asgarnia, and Misthalin as a result.

==Proof==

Lunar Diplomacy quest and...

Source: http://www.runescape.com/c=-6c92ada1/kb ... le_id=2703

For a period things were looking very good for the human kingdoms. Some people tried to stand in the way of their expansion, most notably a wave of invading barbarians who objected to the use of runestones and rampaged through northern Kandarin and Asgarnia, but the runestones were powerful enough that the kingdoms could deal with all that came their way.

In the Year 70, the first Wizards' Tower was burned at the hands of Zamorakian mages in a move against the Saradominsts. The few mages that knew the runecrafting process were killed in the fire, and with them the art of runecrafting was lost until the Year 169, during the Rune Mysteries quest. During the 99-year halt in runecrafting, the whereabouts of the alters were lost, their entry temples falling into a state of ruin.

==Proof==

Rune Mysteries Quest and...

Source: http://www.runescape.com/c=-6c92ada1/kb ... cle_id=204

There was a time when the influence of the Wizards' Tower spread far and wide; once known as the ultimate destination for those in search of Magic's secrets. Pilgrims experimented with its curious artefacts and explored the battered racks of its library. That time has long gone, burnt up by the followers of Zamorak, and has been newly built over. The ruined basement of the old tower remains, a rubbled memory of a better time.

END QUOTE

Heavyc1.png

heavyc1.png

Thanks Draynor.net!

zamorak owns /end thread

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank