What do you think Jagex does with it's money?

penguinpoop

Actually, that is not the case for Jagex. As I stated earlier their pre-tax profit margin was 60.7% in 05-06 and 53.5% for 07 (and that's with the money invested into FunOrb/MechScape/Hi-Def). WoW's profit margin is 40%.

Very interesting. My fault for not reading entire thread before posting. Foot-in-mouth disease. However, may I ask where you got this information? I am not saying you, but other runescape members tend to think that runescapewiki is fact, which is obviously not the case.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting. My fault for not reading entire thread before posting. Foot-in-mouth disease. However, may I ask where you got this information? I am not saying you, but other runescape members tend to think that runescapewiki is fact, which is obviously not the case.

I'm definitely not offended by being asked to provide sources for information. People should be able to back up their claims.

1. Jagex had an 05-06 turnover of £16.8m with pre-tax profits of £10.2m, giving them a profit margin of 60.7% - they also had a dividend payment of £5m (source, source)

2. Jagex had an 07 turnover of £28m with pre-tax profits of £15m, giving a profit margin of 53.5% - they also had a dividend payment of £8.6m (source)

3. "Blizzard has a profit margin of over 40% on their monthly fee" (source).

4. "estimates that in 2007 the title will generate revenues of $1.1 billion with operating margins of more than 40%, creating some $520 million of operating profit" (source).

I hope those sources are satisfactory.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

that was one of my questions myself ad revenue

edit:looks like wild tangent handles it dont know for how much though maybe since this is from 2001...http://www.gamespot.com/webonly/rpg/runescape/news.html?sid=6153974

maybe jagex can hadle it itself now neone know?

dea5.png

dea5.png

dea5.png

-

Free to play for life! probably

-

They are building a giant a giant underground crumpet factory. Why crumpets? Because they're European, and everyone knows the average Europeans diet is 51.012% crumpets. This is how Jagex plans to take over Europe, and eventually the world.

Probably the same thing every other gaming company does.

Is it our business?

Well it should be if ur a mem.

As long as it isn't going to hurt somebody or something, I really don't care what they do with it. (well as long as Runescape keeps running)
Costantino.png

As long as it isn't going to hurt somebody or something, I really don't care what they do with it. (well as long as Runescape keeps running)

Their balance of "how much we put back into RuneScape" vs "how much we invest into other projects / keep in the bank for next year / give to our shareholders (primarily Andrew Gower)" directly effects your gameplay experience because it decides how many developers there are, how much customer support there is, etc.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

400 People + Being English = Lots of Tea? :D

Nah serious, they'd just spend it on normal stuff....

Rofl, even with 400 people wanting tea at exactly the same time, (Imagines legions of mugs being filled with tea in factories, flowing into Jagex Towers) it wouldn't be that expensive.

Jagex has a lot of things that it has to spend on. Maintaining and upgrading so many servers, 24 hours a day in many parts of the globe isn't a cheap and easy task.

Omg why do people always take my posts seriously!

AHHH

Doomy edit: I like sheep

They buy RS gold through Bounty Hunter.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

While Jagex dont do this I think they should. They really ought to launch a big advertising scheme to re-populate Runescape. If you saw an advert for Runescape you would probobly just check it out the next time you were on a computer.

Possibly they will launch adverts on tv after the new graphics come out?