Summoning - scroll 'lag'?

Yohbilleh

Whenever i use a scroll, there is about a 3 second delay, and I dont really like it. Is it really necessary? When im doing a clue, and use the terrorbird scroll whilst running it goes

*cast scroll*

3 seconds later

Your familiar is too far away.

Is this accidental lag or did JaGeX purposefully put in a delay?

sig.gif

It's annoying, but I'm not sure if they meant to or not. My bet is yes. It's realistic after all anyways. When you tell a pet dog to sit, it takes a little bit of reaction time.

It's always been like that, it SHOULDN'T be like that, but it is =( who knows, maybe if Jagex are feeling nice one day they'll change it \' but I wouldn't count my chickens just yet -.-

2vuhgcn.png

The only time this annoys me is when using a terrorbird, because the bird always ended up too far away by the time the scroll tried to activate. I found a pretty good way to stop it happening though... if you click the scroll, then call familiar about a second later, the scroll should activate as soon as the bird teleports to you.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

The only time this annoys me is when using a terrorbird, because the bird always ended up too far away by the time the scroll tried to activate. I found a pretty good way to stop it happening though... if you click the scroll, then call familiar about a second later, the scroll should activate as soon as the bird teleports to you.
Was going to say that :thumbup:

Anyway, I've gotten so used to it know that I don't even notice it.

I think this has to do with the "attack speed" of the monster. Summoning Familiars have a incredibly long delay between attacks (I know this because I've taken my Spirit Graahk to the Chaos Tunnels with me, and I get at least 3 Whip attacks off for every one of his...), so the delay between selecting the activation and it actually being used could be similar to like when you switch from a Dragon Dagger to a Godsword (where the Godsword will take it's first hit within the timeframe that the Dragon Dagger would've hit next) or vice versa (where the Dragon Dagger will not attack until the Godsword would have next attacked). I'm sure it's supposed to be a balancing issue of sorts, but I agree that that the "lag" it has is absolutely horrendous. At the very least, they need to program NPCs like Familiars and Pets to be able to run with you...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat