Underrated Equipments

insanitarium

Im f2p and probly the most underrated/not-used-when-it-should-be thing is combat robes for mages. Most f2p players I see level 3-50 that have mage armor are wearing druidic mage armor or wizard robes(???). Combat robes have the same mage att bonus as druidic robes but combat robes have higher def bonuses.

I agree with your statement! I've seen so many people in FTP using Druidic Robes #-o ... I don't understand why Jagex decided that Druidic Robes should be more expensive? Is the bind spell improved a lot when using it?

I think both of them started at the same price.

Players decided that Combat robes are worth less than Druidic robes.

The occasional rune that the Combat Robe replaces is not that much, unless you really are lacking money.

However, Druidic robes are used in Clan Wars to help with binding, as well as in Bounty Hunter and Fist of Guthix.

~Dan

And then noobs see this because u get them at FoG and think theyre so much better when actually for regular combat the COMBAT robes are better.

and just to throw some more to the conversation the saradmon sword is most over rated. worse 10m i ever spent

Best 10m i've ever spent. They are the best str training weapon in the game. Better than Godswords since SS is faster, and a lot better than D Scimitar. If anything, they're underrated.

Exactly what I was going to write. ;)

RING OF WEALTH. Best 35k I've ever spent. Period. I used to wear a warrior ring, and sure a warrior might help a little bit, but you honestly cannot see any difference whatsoever - it's just so insiginificant that it's not even worth the cost (same goes for berzerker - it maybe will make your max hit one damage more). With a ring of wealth on, I notice increased drops. For example, I get a granite helm every terror dog task, granite maul(s) every gargoyle task, a black mask every cave horror task, and a whole lot more rune drops.

It seems that mainstream people don't even try it - they just hear a high leveled player say it and they spread the word that "the ring of wealth is broken!"

Salve amulet (e). When you compensate for both your levels and bonuses, when combined with nose peg/headphones (against banshees or abberrant spectres), it is much better than a slayer helmet and an amulet of fury.

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

Im f2p and probly the most underrated/not-used-when-it-should-be thing is combat robes for mages. Most f2p players I see level 3-50 that have mage armor are wearing druidic mage armor or wizard robes(???). Combat robes have the same mage att bonus as druidic robes but combat robes have higher def bonuses.

I agree with your statement! I've seen so many people in FTP using Druidic Robes #-o ... I don't understand why Jagex decided that Druidic Robes should be more expensive? Is the bind spell improved a lot when using it?

I think both of them started at the same price.

Players decided that Combat robes are worth less than Druidic robes.

The occasional rune that the Combat Robe replaces is not that much, unless you really are lacking money.

However, Druidic robes are used in Clan Wars to help with binding, as well as in Bounty Hunter and Fist of Guthix.

~Dan

By improved binding for the special effect of the full druidic robes, they mean that there is a chance that you will not use runes when casting a bind - not really the best thing when you're in a war - you're trying to win at all costs, even if that means giving up a couple of nature runes you could have spared.

Combat robes have the same exact stats, excluding defence, which is what makes them better. Sure, it is less than +5 more in each defence, but if nobody cares about that low of a bonus, why do people wear leather boots during wars. Anyway, combat robes are more useful when in groups, namely in a clan war.

usctrojanscopyde6.jpg

i think the most underrated weapons are spears. they have a branch of attack types so you can switch between stab crush or slash. if an opponent is wearing high slash but low crush then you can use crush and you can hit a lot easier since spears share equal attack bonuses.

Naw, most people have pretty well balanced armor, give or take 20-30 points, and that's not much when the highest is 250+ armor. So it's best to just use whip or GS for more accuracy plus more damage when you do get a hit in. Since the armor is usually pretty balanced the attack form you're using won't make much of a difference, really.

newsigac5.png

and just to throw some more to the conversation the saradmon sword is most over rated. worse 10m i ever spent

Best 10m i've ever spent. They are the best str training weapon in the game. Better than Godswords since SS is faster, and a lot better than D Scimitar. If anything, they're underrated.

Exactly what I was going to write. ;)

RING OF WEALTH. Best 35k I've ever spent. Period. I used to wear a warrior ring, and sure a warrior might help a little bit, but you honestly cannot see any difference whatsoever - it's just so insiginificant that it's not even worth the cost (same goes for berzerker - it maybe will make your max hit one damage more). With a ring of wealth on, I notice increased drops. For example, I get a granite helm every terror dog task, granite maul(s) every gargoyle task, a black mask every cave horror task, and a whole lot more rune drops.

It seems that mainstream people don't even try it - they just hear a high leveled player say it and they spread the word that "the ring of wealth is broken!"

Salve amulet (e). When you compensate for both your levels and bonuses, when combined with nose peg/headphones (against banshees or abberrant spectres), it is much better than a slayer helmet and an amulet of fury.

I agree that the wealth is underrated. The berserker and warrior dont help significantly and for the price, ROW is the best ring out there IMO.

Tyrael.jpg

This isn't equipment, but ZAMORAK BREW is THE MOST UNDERATED POTION EVER CREATED. On any tasks that you need to constantly pray (Steel/Iron Drags, Black Demons, Etc) you notice no difference, because it takes away your Def+Hp, which you don't need from Prayer Anyway. It's like a Strength Pot+Attack Pot Combined into one, only costing 1k.

3-points-sig.jpg

This isn't equipment, but ZAMORAK BREW is THE MOST UNDERATED POTION EVER CREATED. On any tasks that you need to constantly pray (Steel/Iron Drags, Black Demons, Etc) you notice no difference, because it takes away your Def+Hp, which you don't need from Prayer Anyway. It's like a Strength Pot+Attack Pot Combined into one, only costing 1k.

Ftw. I use these when i camp at Spiritual Mages. Best thing ever. They take up less space than a Pure Set and they even give 10% of your prayer back. (I assume it's 10% since at level 70 pray i got 7 p points back per sip)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I think the dragon wc axe is a little overrated. I mean come on. 2 mill for an item that gives us like a +15 % chop rate. I don't see any reason to buy it unless you have money to waste and wanna chop logs a little bit faster. I just don't think i'd feel morally right if I bought one. But thats just me! :mrgreen:

I see this too often, its not a waste of money. Your not required to hold onto it forever; you can easily sell it back and lose no money while gaining all of the benefits. Someone who has the appropriate levels and funds to buy one and is planning to train Woodcutting extensively but refuses to use one is simply fool.

The only underrated thing i use is my Warrior Ring. Everyone i see uses berserkers. I use that too, just not very often because i like to get the most accuracy out of my weapons.

you proaly jsut conviced me in buying one lol berserker is like 2.6m, warrior is like 325k

:thumbsup:

d scim + rune def > sara sword...seriously, the sword is only good against water fiends...other than that it sucks -.- d scim + rune def gives much more slash bonus and def bonus and only slightly less str bonus for a much cheaper amount of money...ss is definitely over-rated..

and since this topic has diverted to food items i'll say that wines are rather underrated items...if you are training range drinking wine only lowers your attack so you can drink as much as you like for a cheap price...i bought quite a bunch of them to train my range a long time back...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

By improved binding for the special effect of the full druidic robes, they mean that there is a chance that you will not use runes when casting a bind - not really the best thing when you're in a war - you're trying to win at all costs, even if that means giving up a couple of nature runes you could have spared.

Combat robes have the same exact stats, excluding defence, which is what makes them better. Sure, it is less than +5 more in each defence, but if nobody cares about that low of a bonus, why do people wear leather boots during wars. Anyway, combat robes are more useful when in groups, namely in a clan war.

that's no correct...by improved binding for the spec effect of the full druidic robes they mean that there is a higher chance that your bind spell will be successful which in wars between real clans can make all the difference between a victory and a loss...the spec of combat robes which supply one with runes occasionally is not that useful at all compared to the higher chance of successfully binding if you are in a war. stopping a person from running around obstacles will greatly decrease the amount it takes for your clan to kill him and thus win the war...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Any longsword is underrated. They can hit higher and more often than a scimitar and are only a fraction of a second slower.

viewtopic.php?t=707939

should be a good read for you

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P