Nature Runecrafting : Dead.

BloodArgon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in your mind, EVERY skill would lose money? There needs to be money making skills in the game, if there aren't then how would we get the money to blow on the stupid skills that lose money. This is like saying that high level farmers have it too easy because they can make money off of ranarrs/snaps.

Runecrafters don't lose money. They still make money although slower. It is quite simply math to figure that out.

lol you just validated it yourself -.- when the runescape ecomony needs 100k yew logs a day and bots(+ players) make 110k yew logs a day, prices gonna be lovely low. but when the players still need 100k and we got no bots. so we only make 60k yew logs a day, then prices gonna rise to the poor players draw back and we only need 60k a day :D

hope that helped and you can understand me

This is only half true. It is true the bot's affected pure essence's price but on the flip side natures themselves have been dropping. It is not entirely the removable of bots that caused the fall.

Kind of true. Market crashed when they removed all the bots in game. =|

Right and wrong. Market as a whole crashed when bots left the game BUT there were a lot more influences especially for the nature market.

Wilderness removal was a bigger factor (imo) than bots being taken out. Mage (for all its short comings) was quite useful (especially with a team) in the wilderness. Regular mage uses natures in its 'bind' spells. That wasn't a *huge* drain of natures but removal of wild certainly affected it.

Pures also used to alch to 90/94 for ice barrage. Removal of wilderness means that tons of pures quit and one stopped being made. Nobody needed a huge amount of natures to get to a high level.

Unbalanced Trade also had to do with it (not the bot leaving part). *A lot* (not all) of pures alched like I previously said. However, most of them got the runes/money to do it with from their mains. You make it so they can't get the money they need, they find a cheaper way of doing it.

My own opinion, I don't have a problem with it.

RC will always be able to make money. People in RS want two things, money and levels so bear with me for a sec.

• [*:1dlrz8jp]RCers buy essence and make runes because it is profitable.[*:1dlrz8jp]Essence demand goes up, prices for it goes up. [*:1dlrz8jp]Because of all the runes being crafted prices on runes go down.[*:1dlrz8jp]People decide that levels are no longer important and they need money instead.[*:1dlrz8jp]They go mine essence.[*:1dlrz8jp]The [bleep]e in the amount of essence makes prices drop and RC profitable again.[*:1dlrz8jp]*Eventually an equilibrium is reached where RC remains stable.

* This condition depends on the fact that

• [*:1dlrz8jp]Jagex does not release any major changes to RC/Minin[*:1dlrz8jp]A constant flow of new players who want fast money enter the game[*:1dlrz8jp]Older players remain with the game long enough to take the spots of people who have already leveled RC

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Pretty much.

It amuses me that people will complain that Jagex 'controls' prices and don't let the player supply and demand reflect prices....

....and then complain when player controlled supply and demand drives the price of a traditional money maker down.

Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Well, don't we pay for that cake. I am p2p, and since I am p2p I would like to eat the cake that I pay for.

Now. Can someone point me in the right direction to turn my pouches into charms. I saw that somewhere in this thread. (I have been out of it for 3 months)

felter_laur.png

Pretty much.

It amuses me that people will complain that Jagex 'controls' prices and don't let the player supply and demand reflect prices....

....and then complain when player controlled supply and demand drives the price of a traditional money maker down.

Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Well, don't we pay for that cake. I am p2p, and since I am p2p I would like to eat the cake that I pay for.

Now. Can someone point me in the right direction to turn my pouches into charms. I saw that somewhere in this thread. (I have been out of it for 3 months)

This thread? This thread is only 3 days old :?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Here are a couple reasons I can think of why nature rune prices are dropping:

Fewer people are alching these days. A lot of people who would have alched to 99 are drawn to bursting rock lobsters and training summoning at the same time, and yew log prices are at an all time high. Now that we can do something useful with most summoning pouches (trading in for charms), alching those for the sake of getting a return is out too.

The spirit Graahk. I don't care about the debate regarding how fast you can craft that way compared to the abyss (though I'm inclined to believe that it is slightly faster). What matters is the fact that people think that it's faster. Thus, people are excited to train their summoning up, buy a few Graahks, and try it out. If they like it, you have somebody into crafting natures who wouldn't have been otherwise, regardless of whether they're really making them at a faster rate. These people also won't move on to laws even when abyss Runecrafters recognize the advantage, because the Graahk is specific to the nature altar.

This is what I am talking about. I didn't know we could trade pouches for charms. I haven't played since March. (That is what I meant by out of it for 3 months)

felter_laur.png

RC will always be able to make money. People in RS want two things, money and levels so bear with me for a sec.
  • [*:2htpczsk]RCers buy essence and make runes because it is profitable.[*:2htpczsk]Essence demand goes up, prices for it goes up. [*:2htpczsk]Because of all the runes being crafted prices on runes go down.[*:2htpczsk]People decide that levels are no longer important and they need money instead.[*:2htpczsk]They go mine essence.[*:2htpczsk]The [bleep]e in the amount of essence makes prices drop and RC profitable again.[*:2htpczsk]*Eventually an equilibrium is reached where RC remains stable.

what your saying is- hopefully some one will say this isn't profitable enough and then go mine a whole bunch of pure ess. and then he'll tell 3 people and those 3 people will tell 3 people and then...... look. that can happen with anything. from the price of coal to the price of a bar of rune. that hasn't happened yet and as far as i'm concerned this pure essence "situation" has been going on for quite a while. remember that tip.it times article about this? trust me when i say that your "solution" won't work and will not have a prayer. when there's people who will solve the problem there's people who contribute. if the price of essence starts to go down then i will just start buying instead of mining it. every one will do that. it's going to rollercoaster for a very long time untill something is done to fix these prices. i'm wondering whether or not the price of pure ess will catch up to nats or not. :-k

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Didn't they split rune essence in two types because of RWT? Since that's no longer an issue, I agree with you. They should revert all future essence mined in f2p pure essence again. That could solve a few problems.

Didn't they split rune essence in two types because of RWT? Since that's no longer an issue, I agree with you. They should revert all future essence mined in f2p pure essence again. That could solve a few problems.

yup and make a new discontinued item called rune essence

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

to the two people [bleep] about not being able to make 700k-1m an hour. i agree rc is to much of a money machine when you think of what it require. i also agree it should make cash, but not over 500k an hour!

i hope that pure ess goes to 200ea. that way they still make profit but donst make to much compared to effort :pray:

here comes the flamers! :-#

Godwars averages 2-3m/hour... you think the best skiller income in the game should max out at 500k/hour?

Estimating that a Saradomin GWD trip lasts ~6 hours factoring kill count,

4 - 5 team members

~ 100 kills

You can expect, on average in the long run, ~ 10 Saradomin Swords and ~ 3 Saradomin Hilts in 10 trips. That comes out to ~325M, once you dock off 5% because it's sold min price when split. That's maybe a little more than 1M an hour if your luck is average. Of course, with drop rates as low as these, it's easy to have 2-3 dry trips in a row.

GWD does NOT average 2-3M / hour. Armadyl is actually probably lower money, because of the waiting time, the higher chance of getting crashed, and fewer kills per trip and KC time. Neither Bandos nor Zamorak get even close. The only time GWD earned that much for people was during the various safespot abuses.

Anyone who thinks you "average" 2-3M/hr profit at GWD is likely deluding themselves. You also have to count all the trips where you get nothing, time wasted getting teams together and finding free worlds, cost of supplies etc.

When a trip lasts 6 to 8 hours easily, it's not often that you get nothing. You don't waste much time getting teams together if you have 6-8 people who are usually on at the same time, almost every day. Free worlds for Zamorak and Saradomin are easy. The other two, not so easy unless you're crass enough to steal a world, and if that's the case, you'd need a bigger team anyways AKA lower profit.

However, you're still correct because most people lose track of time inside. After working it out mathematically, you'll probably average about 500k - 1000k an hour at Bandos or Armadyl, and maybe 750k to 1250k at Saradomin. Saradomin's only barely higher because 70 agility reduces the crowds there, and trips can usually last longer. At today's prices, you won't be averaging that much anymore.

That said, I think it's reasonable to say the game SHOULD have been designed in a way so that most "conversion" skills yield 100k-150k an hour. Taking a raw material and making it useful should have value in it.

I think an easy solution that hasn't been considered is to remove skill capes and high scores. Without that, people will have no "drive" to level a skill purely for the sake of training it. Then all that remains is making these supplies useful. Add new bosses. Add new PvP options. Drain these sharks and potions out of the economy. Add more magic so that people want magic levels, thereby pulling runes and bows and such.

The problem is the fact that people are training for the sake of training. Most 99 cooks don't like cooking as a skill itself, they just want to have a 99, trim a cape, or have a skill cape. If you take this away, take away the value of a 99 skill asides from what the skill directly grants you, then conversion skills will possibly make a comeback.

I hate to dredge this up, but I felt it needed to be addressed.

When I try to get together a team and get set up it doesn't take over 10 minutes. Getting KC takes 20 minutes. If you're using the lowest feasible familiar, the spirit terrorbird, the trip itself will last 3 hours, and you'll get about 60 kills. A hilt is 81m, divided by 3 is 27m, divided by 250 is 108k. A sara sword is 8.5m, divided by 3 is 2.8m, divided by 100 is 28k. If Zilyana dropped nothing but those two you've earned 60 * (28k + 108k) which = 8.1M. Assuming 500 diamond bolts (it's really less), 13 brews, and 16 restores, the trip cost 500k. 7.6M divided by 3.5 hours = 2.1m/hour for trio sara.

Now onto soloing. We'll say it takes 5 minutes to get set up, and 20 minutes for KC although it's actually less because you use your bolts for KC, and they are more powerful than a whip. The longest time I've spent inside the lair while soloing is 1 hour for 11 kills. If someone had higher ranged/defense, and more expertise one could stay longer and get more kills. But we'll go with what I got. 136k was the estimate/kill for trio, so multiply that by 3 and one receives on average 408k per solo kill. Therefore in about 1.5 hours, you killed 4.5M worth of Zilyanas. I use 3 ranged potions, 300 diamond bolts, 19 brews, and 12 restores per solo trip, for a total of 398k. 4.1M divided by 1.5 hours = 2.7M/hour for solo sara.

All of these numbers are based on my experience as a GWDer, and the only direction I have exaggerated is the conservative. Any lower number results would be from time wasted.

Not a good idea to make it discontinued, but maybe make it so like 10% of the essence you mine is impure.

Selling my yews tomorrow checked earlier today 417 per most I've ever seen them. Hope they dip back down so I'll make a profit. Planned on making some yew longs with them if I ever start my membership back up again, but this seems like to good of a opportunity to pass up. :thumbsup:

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

Not a good idea to make it discontinued, but maybe make it so like 10% of the essence you mine is impure.

no it would be the same exact thing that happened when they made it rune essence and pure essence. found out that the update was in april of 06.... sheeeeeesh. i remember when that happened. i was like mehh. no big deal hardly affects me at all. i hate rcing anyway. now i'm on a forums discussing it.

As a one-off event whilst we introduce this, existing essence in your bank and inventory will have been automatically converted to pure essence if you are a member or have other members-only items in your bank, provided you have level 30 mining or runecrafting.

1004.png

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

no it would be the same exact thing that happened when they made it rune essence and pure essence. found out that the update was in april of 06.... sheeeeeesh. i remember when that happened. i was like mehh. no big deal hardly affects me at all. i hate rcing anyway. now i'm on a forums discussing it.

How's that the same? I'm suggesting jagex makes it so f2p can once again mine pure essence, but 10% of the essence they do mine is randomly impure so impure essence doesn't become discontinued.

I remember that update too. Since I already was satisfied with my RC level before it, I wasn't effected. I still wasn't happy with the update though just off principal. I bought a lot of essence before the change too, figuring they'd probably go up in price.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

make all rune ess pure ess or whatever they change it back too. that's what they did at first. i had about 1k rune ess and in turned into pure ess after the update. every one's did. so make all essence in rs turn into the pure ess after eliminating rune essence so there's no discontinued items like rune ess.

i really don't know how to spell it out better than that....

~ps~ sorry for going off topic and kinda spamming the thread.~

1004.png

• [*:2uwditvc]RCers buy essence and make runes because it is profitable.[*:2uwditvc]Essence demand goes up, prices for it goes up. [*:2uwditvc]Because of all the runes being crafted prices on runes go down.[*:2uwditvc]People decide that levels are no longer important and they need money instead.[*:2uwditvc]They go mine essence.[*:2uwditvc]The [bleep]e in the amount of essence makes prices drop and RC profitable again.[*:2uwditvc]*Eventually an equilibrium is reached where RC remains stable.

what your saying is- hopefully some one will say this isn't profitable enough and then go mine a whole bunch of pure ess. and then he'll tell 3 people and those 3 people will tell 3 people and then...... look. that can happen with anything. from the price of coal to the price of a bar of rune. that hasn't happened yet and as far as i'm concerned this pure essence "situation" has been going on for quite a while. remember that tip.it times article about this? trust me when i say that your "solution" won't work and will not have a prayer. when there's people who will solve the problem there's people who contribute. if the price of essence starts to go down then i will just start buying instead of mining it. every one will do that. it's going to rollercoaster for a very long time untill something is done to fix these prices. i'm wondering whether or not the price of pure ess will catch up to nats or not. :-k

It hasn't happened yet because making natures is still worth it. You still make money and get levels.

It is actually impossible to compare to anything else ESPECIALLY something like coal because coal is not unlimited. Pure essence is never ending, there is not competition in getting it. Furthermore, rune mysteries is like the first quest you do after tutorial island and getting the required mining level (10 I think) for pure essence is a breeze.

It is going to be a roller coaster but it is like putting a ball in a half pipe. For awhile the ball is going to be going up and down but every time it goes down, it goes up less. Eventually is will even out.

make all rune ess pure ess or whatever they change it back too. that's what they did at first. i had about 1k rune ess and in turned into pure ess after the update. every one's did. so make all essence in rs turn into the pure ess after eliminating rune essence so there's no discontinued items like rune ess.

I am strongly against this for two reasons.

First one is it is just taking advantage of F2P players and using them for cheap resources. You may laugh but I am serious. Members don't want F2P to get anything unless it directly benefits them. Sad.

The second reason is actually more legitimate. If you get rid of pure essence the prices will go down but they will still be VERY HIGH. I don't remember exactly where essence was before the change but it was 70+ (at least) I believe. That was with bots. Prices will probably stabilize at around 90 ea if they made this change.

BUT WHAT ABOUT F2P RUNECRAFTERS!!!!! They will start losing gobs of money. F2P RC took a hit with unlimited runes in shop and the GE release. Why should we ruin F2P RC just because members no longer make 1m an hour with a lvl 44 skill???

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

• [*:1pe0fmbo]RCers buy essence and make runes because it is profitable.[*:1pe0fmbo]Essence demand goes up, prices for it goes up. [*:1pe0fmbo]Because of all the runes being crafted prices on runes go down.[*:1pe0fmbo]People decide that levels are no longer important and they need money instead.[*:1pe0fmbo]They go mine essence.[*:1pe0fmbo]The [bleep]e in the amount of essence makes prices drop and RC profitable again.[*:1pe0fmbo]*Eventually an equilibrium is reached where RC remains stable.

It hasn't happened yet because making natures is still worth it. You still make money and get levels.

It is actually impossible to compare to anything else ESPECIALLY something like coal because coal is not unlimited. Pure essence is never ending, there is not competition in getting it. Furthermore, rune mysteries is like the first quest you do after tutorial island and getting the required mining level (10 I think) for pure essence is a breeze.

It is going to be a roller coaster but it is like putting a ball in a half pipe. For awhile the ball is going to be going up and down but every time it goes down, it goes up less. Eventually is will even out.

First one is it is just taking advantage of F2P players and using them for cheap resources. You may laugh but I am serious. Members don't want F2P to get anything unless it directly benefits them. Sad.

The second reason is actually more legitimate. If you get rid of pure essence the prices will go down but they will still be VERY HIGH. I don't remember exactly where essence was before the change but it was 70+ (at least) I believe. That was with bots. Prices will probably stabilize at around 90 ea if they made this change.

BUT WHAT ABOUT F2P RUNECRAFTERS!!!!! They will start losing gobs of money. F2P RC took a hit with unlimited runes in shop and the GE release. Why should we ruin F2P RC just because members no longer make 1m an hour with a lvl 44 skill???

Great post.... You're right any speak of f2p getting an update that doesn't benefit a member and most cry about how they pay 5 bucks a month, and f2p gets update. But on the otherhand if the update to f2p benefits them everyone is all for it. :? I kinda would like to see the update happen because I being an ex member have a full bank and no way to store normal ess but I have some pure ess making me able to store some ess and runecraft a bit. Which would be helpful since I only have 40 some odd rc'ing. :wall:

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

ok you said coal isn't unlimited. which means that there is a low supply and a high demand... but lets assume the opposite because i'm assuming that's what you were shootin for. both are perfectly applicable examples for each other because coal makes the smithing world go round and if there were to be a price increase in coal then it would make the profit of making a bar of mithrill go down. same exact thing for pure essence. only difference is that for pure essence is that you need a quest in order to mine it and the levels for them are a little different. but really how hard is 30 mining?

when has taking advantage of f2p players: 1. ever been an issue, 2. ever been a deciding matter between making an update and not making an update. 3. don't you think f2p players have been given enough updates????????? seriously if i got these updates when i was f2p i'd put off being a member for at least 3-4 months! fist of guthix, team capes (which i thought was a signature of membership), gnome copters, and relocation of wilderness because i strongly don't think it's "gone".

i think jagex has payed off their "credit card debt" for f2p players with the trade limit put on every one.

why should we ruin f2p rc? what would be ruined about it? the cost for rune ess was 30 EACH before the update. i just checked the price for rune ess and it's 38 EACH!!!! one might argue that the price is regulated now but it wasn't before the ge. well yeah but lets assume that it will be this price because if this update were to be implemented then that's how much the assumption price for essence will be. SO no the f2p rcing won't be hurt at all with the removeale of more than one type of essence.

1004.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

ok you said coal isn't unlimited. which means that there is a low supply and a high demand... but lets assume the opposite because i'm assuming that's what you were shootin for. both are perfectly applicable examples for each other because coal makes the smithing world go round and if there were to be a price increase in coal then it would make the profit of making a bar of mithrill go down. same exact thing for pure essence. only difference is that for pure essence is that you need a quest in order to mine it and the levels for them are a little different. but really how hard is 30 mining?

when has taking advantage of f2p players: 1. ever been an issue, 2. ever been a deciding matter between making an update and not making an update. 3. don't you think f2p players have been given enough updates????????? seriously if i got these updates when i was f2p i'd put off being a member for at least 3-4 months! fist of guthix, team capes (which i thought was a signature of membership), gnome copters, and relocation of wilderness because i strongly don't think it's "gone".

i think jagex has payed off their "credit card debt" for f2p players with the trade limit put on every one.

why should we ruin f2p rc? what would be ruined about it? the cost for rune ess was 30 EACH before the update. i just checked the price for rune ess and it's 38 EACH!!!! one might argue that the price is regulated now but it wasn't before the ge. well yeah but lets assume that it will be this price because if this update were to be implemented then that's how much the assumption price for essence will be. SO no the f2p rcing won't be hurt at all with the removeale of more than one type of essence.

Yeah f2p has been given tons of updates. I remember before I became a member and played enough I felt I should have it; an update to f2p was unheard of. Holidays were the biggest change I saw. But here in the last few months they have been given tons of updates. I was just talking about the feeling of members on f2p getting updates, and quite frankly you proved my point. If it doesn't benefit you, but it will f2p it then it's blasphemy, but if it helps you hell yeah lets do it. As far as rc'ing being profitable in f2p, please explain rune ess is 38 each so I wouldn't see even with multipliers how rc'ing could be a decent moneymaker in f2p.

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

vvvvvvvvvvv ok i kinda messed this thing up because you can't quote more than 3 times.. what ever

[hide=]

Yeah f2p has been given tons of updates. I remember before I became a member and played enough I felt I should have it; an update to f2p was unheard of. Holidays were the biggest change I saw. But here in the last few months they have been given tons of updates. I was just talking about the feeling of members on f2p getting updates, and quite frankly you proved my point. If it doesn't benefit you, but it will f2p it then it's blasphemy, but if it helps you hell yeah lets do it. As far as rc'ing being profitable in f2p, please explain rune ess is 38 each so I wouldn't see even with multipliers how rc'ing could be a decent moneymaker in f2p.[/hide]

thank you ::' . yeah i just checked and air runes are profitable after level 33 rc. minds at 42, earth 52, bodys....at....92. oh yeah and fire runes are never profitable which is kinda understandable because firegiants, flesh crawlers, lessers, greaters, dragons (need i go on?) drop MASSIVE amounts of fire runes. i have about 38k fire runes in my bank right now and i didn't buy a single one of them.

and to sorta kinda support fat klutz's theory about the pure ess market prices stablizing itself... it might have at certain points. look at the 30 day graph for the pure essence thing on the rs ge market guide and it is a roller coaster. BUT that doesn't say that it's because of what you said... i'm still giving you a little bit of credit by saying it sorts itself out. it's not a long term solution.

some useful tidbit of information- pure essence has been falling in price over the last week steadily. rune essence has stayed at 38 since.... ever? :lol:

1004.png

So people want the market to decide everything except if it means that they won't make large chunks of money any more?

Nat's arn't nearly as wanted as they used to be, since you can no longer make millions from fletching and then alching so not as many people use nats, and training magic in general has declined as well. However, more people keep on crafting them. Those same people also want the price of pure ess to go down without anyone actually wanting to mine the essence themselves. What they want is illogical and there is no reason for Jagex to "fix" the essence so that it's cheaper for the ever-increasing mass of crafters to produce an unwanted product.

As long as anything is so popular and profitable, it will become less so.

I don't remember this much complaining and whining when smithing rune, which is much harder to achieve than 44 RC and used to be worth the effort, became unprofitable.

[hide=And on a slightly off topic note...]One guy said that armour to get into god wars costs 30mil, a few pages back. While that may be true, (I don't know the exact prices and what equipment is needed) after going to god wars, you'll still have the armour which you can sell back at any time, without losing any money, assuming you bought at the proper price. If you were to sell it back straight after, you'd not need to pay for any price changes, and even if the price did drop, you would have covered the depreciation in profits. So it doesn't really cost 30m, it only costs any money that you lose when reselling the armour. (and of course food and pots which are calculated in your profits).[/hide]

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

Nats just aren't in as much demand anymore, probably because of the thousands of pkers who left or quit training mage. Also, since the RWT'ers are gone, log prices are up which means you can't make a huge fortune off fletch-alch.

On the other hand, since ess prices are up, people will probably start mining ess for profit again. ;)