Runescape fails as a business...

Yevnz

I don't know if you've recently tried signing up for membership. I've talked to a couple of other people and they've all had the same problem.

So I recently decided to become a member on an account of mine. I've tried to sign up with three different credit cards, failing each and every single time. Each of these times, Runescape claims your money and holds onto it for 4-5 days, making it even more of a hassle for their customers. Not only this, but there is no proper customer support system. Oh wow they let you ask a question on a forum... OH WAIT! YOU NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO POST ON THE FORUM... I say that Runescape fails to satisfy their customer/future customers wants/needs. Discuss.

When I signed up for membership four times (three with one card, one with another), I never had any problems. It accepted my card and I had membership access inside of two minutes. Maybe you just have bad luck.

As for the lack of true customer support, I will agree with that.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

The fact that Jagex has over a million paying members who have no problem paying with a credit card should prove otherwise.

A million paying members huh? Where are your #'s from? Just wondering considering I only see at the max like 160-180k people on at once? And not too many people nowdays have more then one account that is a member considering there is no reason anymore to make a pure.

Eatrunearrow.png

^Looks like some one doesn't read front page news.They have frikking posted it!Where do you get your numbers from?Off peak hour,right?During peak hour I've seen 500 thousand.

He created an account just to post this #-o

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I've never had any trouble subscribing, and I've done it like, 5 times

and yes, Jagex does have over 1 million paying customers which means they get over 5 million dollars a month, which means they get about 60 million dollars a year

so when your total revenue is higher than $60000000 a year, then you can decide whether or not they "fail as a business"

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

The fact that Jagex has over a million paying members who have no problem paying with a credit card should prove otherwise.

A million paying members huh? Where are your #'s from? Just wondering considering I only see at the max like 160-180k people on at once? And not too many people nowdays have more then one account that is a member considering there is no reason anymore to make a pure.

Jagex.

Also, according to Geoff Iddison:

RuneScape averages over 6 million unique visitors over a two week period, and is helping the business grow around 35 per cent year-on-year.

We've got a big improvement to the game happening in Q2 this year. There is massive content changes that are happening throughout the year and we plan to role it out in another European language this year. It's a massive investment program for RuneScape.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I don't know if you've recently tried signing up for membership. I've talked to a couple of other people and they've all had the same problem.

So I recently decided to become a member on an account of mine. I've tried to sign up with three different credit cards, failing each and every single time. Each of these times, Runescape claims your money and holds onto it for 4-5 days, making it even more of a hassle for their customers. Not only this, but there is no proper customer support system. Oh wow they let you ask a question on a forum... OH WAIT! YOU NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO POST ON THE FORUM... I say that Runescape fails to satisfy their customer/future customers wants/needs. Discuss.

I think your just a troll. And if you arent then you just stink at copying information.

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

yeah, same thing happened to me w/surfpin, i had to threaten to sue them to get it to work.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Yeah, the customer support is horrid, but the only problem I've had was when I unsubscribed my old pure, it didn't become unsubscribed and it sucked up about $15 before I noticed. I ended up having to send multiple messages, and I attemped to unsubscribed several times before it finally canceled. -.-

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I'm talking about their customer service... Even the smallest companies have proper customer support. Last time I was at a restaurant atleast I could complain to a manager. This company that supposedly reaps in six million dollars a year and that is growing at such a "large" rate can't even help their customers out when they need it? The e-mail's you send to them are read by computers which send you an automated message "Please look for a way to resolve your issue using our User Guide." If I found a finger in my food at a restaurant, atleast they'd have the decency to do something about it instead of saying "Oh sorry, *points* there's the garbage can, go throw it out yourself." What kind of business fails to satisfy the needs of their customers... This is why I say that Jagex fails...

I'm talking about their customer service... Even the smallest companies have proper customer support. Last time I was at a restaurant atleast I could complain to a manager. This company that supposedly reaps in six million dollars a year and that is growing at such a "large" rate can't even help their customers out when they need it? The e-mail's you send to them are read by computers which send you an automated message "Please look for a way to resolve your issue using our User Guide." If I found a finger in my food at a restaurant, atleast they'd have the decency to do something about it instead of saying "Oh sorry, *points* there's the garbage can, go throw it out yourself." What kind of business fails to satisfy the needs of their customers... This is why I say that Jagex fails...

that that retrospect then yes. jagex is a titanic of failure haha

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

oh right because jagex can easily give customer support to 1mil players right? lets just stop uptades and everythinh else and deal with people who cant even get use their credit cards right.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Well, customer support does stink. I remember having a conversation with one of the mods over customer support :P. I forget why, but it was cool.

Anyway, figure out how to use a credit card.. Get an adult to help you...?

Main reason why this rant fails? RUNESCAPE isn't a business...

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

I'm pretttty sure Jagex is still making a bazillion dollars a year..

I don't see failure in that.

One person isn't gunna throw off a buisness like Jagex.

This isn't Globodon from "Fun with [bleep] and Jane."

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

It has nothing to do with not knowing how to use a credit card. If I didn't know how to use one, then they wouldn't be taking money from my card which infact they did. And for the person who said that they shouldn't take time off of updating etc. they should have a different team for just that. I know they have different teams for Gameplay, Graphics, etc. So why not one for customer support? They make millions a year, yet can't afford a team to help their customers? Wouldn't that increase their revenue? So why the hell not?

Looking at the Runescape billing FAQ it says that the e-mail message you will have received on a failed payment, contains the following.

"If however you were shown a "Payment Declined" message, then the payment below will NOT be taken from your card.

As your recent payment attempts have been declined, this means that we have received no money and you will not be able to access members' worlds and features from your account. If your bank has reserved any funds as a result of these failed transactions, this will be returned to you within 4-5 working days, depending on your bank's processes."

This means. If you don't have access to some of your money, then it's because your bank is holding onto it and not Jagex.

There is other info which might help you in that FAQ, including the most common reasons that the payments will have declined.

I'm suspecting from evidence you're showing here that you have a chronic case of skim reading and there is something on the membership form that you have misinterpreted and thus are continually filling in wrong.

While I do agree that Jagex's customer service leaves somewhat to be desired, all it takes is one look at the RSOF rants section to understand why they put their CS dept. behind so many walls. Considering the age(and maturity) level of many players, how would you like to field calls from a bunch of 12 yr olds mad about the newest update..............every day :wall:

newge4.png

Hmm although the customer support is poor at best, and the auto response messages are very annoying, most problems with billing you can solve your self.

Also having knowledge about businesses makes me realise just how difficult it would be to deal with so many problems, you would be waiting for days for a response, while the automated advice can help you solve the problem, IF YOU FOLLOW ITS ADVICE!

If it tells you to look at something, just do it.

Dont complain to us, just have a go.

Also having looked at the figures i could get my hands on, Runescape is by no means a ''fail business'' it seems to me that is actually very successful, and they dont need to spend millions of pounds to get a few people to pay up faster to make them not fail anymore -.-

Foth.png

RuneScape.com accepts advertising from reputable advertisers around the world. RuneScape, the game, has over 5.4 million active players. These players have logged-in in the last 2 weeks. RuneScape.com has over 10 million unique users a month, according to Media Metrix.

I'm sure at least a million of those 5.4 million are members.

Link: http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Advertisers/general.ws

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?