"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

THERES NO SUCH THING AS LOVE EVERYTHING DIES AND ENDS AND YOU'LL ALL BE MISERABLE ABOUT IT UNTIL YOU'RE NOT AND THEN YOU START OVER AGAIN

(is what this is starting to sound like)

This argument is why I dont date very often. Why bother if I'm gonna end up unhappy anyway?

You're not necessarily going to end up unhappy

Nice edit ;)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I give rpg grief because he says one thing and does another. LL hasn't done that..as long as he's clear about not making a commitment to women, there's nothing "technically" wrong with what he's doing (admittedly I wouldn't do it myself)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just speaking from the part of my life I'm in (undergrad at a university with 35,000 students), I just can't imagine shutting every other girl out for one at the time being. I enjoy the crap out of the chase. Once the chase is over, I can't help but fade out of their lives pretty quickly, unless the sex is enough to make me stay for awhile longer. Sounds incredibly shallow haha.

It seems plainly ridiculous that RPG is constantly accused of seeking drama, but this kind of comment passes by with no objection.

Because seeking drama and seeking casual sex aren't the same thing

77yLQy8.png

I'm not offended but what are we referring to specifically when we refer to me saying one thing and doing another?

Seeking external thrills to compensate for a lack of internal satisfaction. Play semantics til the cows come home, it makes no difference to my life.

Looks incredibly similar from my position though.

Seeking external thrills to compensate for a lack of internal satisfaction. Play semantics til the cows come home, it makes no difference to my life.

Looks incredibly similar from my position though.

Desiring casual sex doesn't mean that you're lacking internal satisfaction.
  • Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Most people don't understand it. There's still a bunch of taboo surrounding casual sex and having sex with many different partners. If you watch any sitcom or romantic comedy film, the men who desire casual sex are always portrayed as empty, shallow, insecure, lonely, or afraid. Alpha characters are transformed into beta characters by the end of the movie/show, never the other way around. So it just reinforces the irrational belief that desiring casual sex is unhealthy, and that there's something wrong with you for pursuing it.

77yLQy8.png

I didn't even make a reference to any taboo around casual sex, or multiple partners, or Alpha male stereotyping. Where the hell is the relevance of all of that to the topic?

I'm not entirely sure it's me who's stretching things here.

I do think asking someone about their background is a cheap way out of an argument though. Half the time it's just so you can say "oh, you're religious, that explains it" and then just discount everything they say, even if they're making a good point.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Asking for background isn't super different than asking for sources in a research paper, as long as it isn't followed by an invalidation of whatever the opinion in question is

I'm atheist and always have been. Where religion comes into this discussion is just about anyone's guess.

I understand if you don't want to elaborate on your stance/opinion, that's fine. But you should know better than to share a controversial opinion on here without explaining your reasoning behind it.

If you get in the habit of doing something like this, it's borderline trolling >_>

77yLQy8.png