Santa Hats skyrocket...and then plumet

Big_Stingman

Rares lost their economical abilities after staking was taken out. They won't always rise in price, as said before our economic crash. The are now just what they should have been used for: decoration. But peoples can't handle that. They can't take losing a bit of money. Investors panic and sell, so the price plummets. No-one has faith in the economy anymore.

It is just a ridiculous plane of chaos, greed, wealth, nervousness, and normal oddities.

Stop trying to analyze it.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I sold 84 the day before they crashed :)

wo0t!!

84? Damn. How much did you make?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Rares lost their economical abilities after staking was taken out. They won't always rise in price, as said before our economic crash. The are now just what they should have been used for: decoration. But peoples can't handle that. They can't take losing a bit of money. Investors panic and sell, so the price plummets. No-one has faith in the economy anymore.

It is just a ridiculous plane of chaos, greed, wealth, nervousness, and normal oddities.

Stop trying to analyze it.

Sure they lost a large piece of demand when staking ended and pking got changed beyond recognition, but that doesn't mean they can't go back up again. The law of supply and demand will, eventually push for prices to rise as supply continues to slowly fall (people with rares quitting, getting banned, etc.) and demand slowly rises (new players gaining wealth and entering the market).

I'll admit, Jagex has done a good job keeping the demand as low as they can with high-quality, expensive items like GS's and skill capes, but unless they manage to keep adding things similar to these, prices have nowhere to go but up.

As for santa hats in particular, what happened was that people saw the polls and expected the demand for santas to rise, so they went and bought some thinking they could make a few million by buying low and then selling again when the price got high enough. This then created a large demand for santas and the prices rose. However, once the price reached the point where nobody wanted to buy any more, people panick sold and the price is now plummeting back down because of the increased supply (from people dumping their santas onto the GE) and the lack of demand at those prices.

I can see them dropping down below where they were "originally," but I bet they stabilise at a price a bit higher than that.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I suspect the first day's rise was due to price manipulation, since it was so sudden. But the rest due to the fact that people are idiots. They see a rise a like that and think

"OMG it's cause of santa suits! They will raise the price of santas and here is proof!" So they buy up like nuts, at max price, trying to "Get it quick before it reaches 50m!". Then, when the original manipulators seem to have enjoyed themselves enough, they reverse the process, causing first day of it falling. Then, the people see the [bleep]e and go "HOLY CRAP WE WERE WRONG!" So they all sell their 'investment's at minimum price trying to "Get rid of it before it reaches 5m!". While the smart people make a quick buck from the chaos.

I accidently sold my santa for 19m, for example :P I've got a free acount with no bank space so I thought I'd put my Santa in the GE at max price, intending to cancel it straight away and for it not to sell, because I was planning to go to BH. Instantly it sold for 19m or so. :o So I went onto that GE graph for santas on the RS website and saw that it had been rising at 5% each day for a few days. So I suspected it would tumble back down in a few days, just like the start of the year. So I'm planning to pick my santa back up after a few days of the "ZOMG SELL AT MIN" crash. :D

If your smart, you can profit from other people's actions. ;)

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

Manipulation I can almost confirm. But I won't. :)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It's because some people are too nervous about investments. Every item goes up again eventually, so there's NO reason to sell.

I've got a question. Do santas protect over most items now? Since they are worth so much in the GE or is it the same as before and they don't protect over squat?

Same as always, they don't protect over squat

Thanks

derrick44444.png

derrick44444.png

Wc'ing my way to 99 (Wish me luck)

around christmas they will probably rise to around 25 mill and then drop to like 12 again :thumbdown:

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

The hats will probably rise again when christman comes close. So if you want to earn some money, buy some santas now and sell just before christmas :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak