RWT is back and strong. How to combat it now?

eatrunearrow

Well we all know why they made the updates, yet they made them for no reason. RWT is indeed alive and well.

I challenge anyone who denies this to google "Runescape" since I don't think I can post the results here. You will notice that on the FIRST page of results 6 out of 10 of the results are indeed RWT sites. Obviously Rwt is alive and well. 10 Gold sites show up before Tip.it even.

So my question is, what are they going to do this time? The same problems are soon going to be popping up everywhere again, if they aren't already. ( The stolen credit cards )

One possibe way to combat this, is to set a limit on the ammount of play time you can be on per day since people will pay RWT to no life on your account and get you a 99.

or

They could set a limit on the ammount of xp you can gain per day.

or

You can only fish/wc/make x ammounts of this type of item per day.

This doesn't sound like fun now does it? But these moves can be "justified" by the same reasons that the wild/staking/free trade was taken out.

But hey guys who cares right? You'll just GET OVER IT that you can only gain so much xp per day or play so many hours per day.

Eatrunearrow.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's going to be a lot of people who wouldnt want that to happen, but then again, nobody wanted the wildy to be gone either. And anyways, i dont think think that would obliterate rwt since the balanced trade didnt stop em, they'll probably just find a way around it.

woot! first time first post!

mbqyk3.gif

One possibe way to combat this, is to set a limit on the ammount of play time you can be on per day

A lot of people who grind train will get extremely pissed off about this.

Again, if you grind for a higher level in a skill, its a bad idea. I know people who get 3m mage xp a day.

Again, this effects non-harmful grinding players.

All in all, anything people do stupidly, effects good players.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Look at the yew trees. Now what do you see there. Nothing? Exactly. No bald headed tan panted leeches endlessly chopping. The updates helped. The updates were needed. Honestly, Eatrunearrow.. please.. please.. just get over it.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Look at the yew trees. Now what do you see there. Nothing? Exactly. No bald headed tan panted leeches endlessly chopping. The updates helped. The updates were needed. Honestly, Eatrunearrow.. please.. please.. just get over it.

You don't get it. Just because you don't see thousands of little green men chopping yews down doesn't mean there isn't RWT going on. The problem was the stolen credit cards.

Eatrunearrow.png

You don't get it. Just because you don't see thousands of little green men chopping yews down doesn't mean there isn't RWT going on. The problem was the stolen credit cards.

What i do know is that the updates limit them. A lot more than they were limited before December. The wild was sacrificed, but for something a lot better.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

What i do know is that the updates limit them. A lot more than they were limited before December. The wild was sacrificed, but for something a lot better.

What is this better thing you speak of? Rwt is still here and it's growing. It's getting to be as popular as before the updates again. Google results do not lie.

Eatrunearrow.png

I realise it's here. It's still a pitiful, shallow version of what it once was. And i really do fail to see how it would grow.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

One possibe way to combat this, is to set a limit on the ammount of play time you can be on per day

A lot of people who grind train will get extremely pissed off about this.

Again, if you grind for a higher level in a skill, its a bad idea. I know people who get 3m mage xp a day.

Again, this effects non-harmful grinding players.

All in all, anything people do stupidly, effects good players.

1. Skilling will still be there

2. Get over it.

3. Leave if you don't like it.

4. It was to fight rwt.

Sound familiar? Jagex is going to have to do something again soon whether or not anyone likes it because RWT is back and soon the stolen credit cards.

Eatrunearrow.png

I realise it's here. It's still a pitiful, shallow version of what it once was. And i really do fail to see how it would grow.

Yes it's not as big as it used to be, yet. But at the current rate it's going it won't be long. I'd say it's already here pretty good considering RWT sites hold 6 out of the 10 results on the first page of google..

Eatrunearrow.png

Another bitter reply? Okay. Look the wilderness is not and never was as much of a part of Runescape as skilling is. There is 16 skills devoted to just skilling. The rest are combat skills and you know what? Not everyone, in fact most people didn't get up combats for the wilderness. Eatrunearrow, get over it. You lost the only part of Runescape that you like, and i understand that. But you have to get over it. The wilderness was maybe 5 percent of Runescape as a whole.

Yes it's not as big as it used to be, yet. But at the current rate it's going it won't be long. I'd say it's already here pretty good considering RWT sites hold 6 out of the 10 results on the first page of google..

But how, pray tell, would it grow with the trade limits in place?

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Another bitter reply? Okay. Look the wilderness is not and never was as much of a part of Runescape as skilling is. There is 16 skills devoted to just skilling. The rest are combat skills and you know what? Not everyone, in fact most people didn't get up combats for the wilderness. Eatrunearrow, get over it. You lost the only part of Runescape that you like, and i understand that. But you have to get over it. The wilderness was maybe 5 percent of Runescape as a whole.

But how, pray tell, would it grow with the trade limits in place?

1. You meet them in bh. They have an army of about 10 people and you kill one and they protect you until your penalty goes away.

2. They will log onto your account and will make you x ammount of money depending on how much you pay by using your account. They will also get you x ammounts of other items such as 20k yews.

3. They will do quests for you.

4. They will train skills for you to 99.

5. Lending out Armadyl godsword for max hours

I know they will do other tasks for you also.

You may not realize it , but a LOT of people are doing this. Many people do not seem to realize how big this is. Just because you don't see thousands of little green men running around doesn't mean rwt isnt here. It IS. It's just not as noticible. However, what the credit card companies will soon be noticing is all the stolen credit cards once again. So Jagex will be forced to update the game once again.

Edit****

This is why I suggested the time limit on an account per day/ ammount of item produced / max xp per day. This would cripple this new way of RWT. Also I would like to make it clear I have never done any of the following I just said ( on the how rwt works list) I am a legit player and always will be. 0.0 black marks ftw.

Eatrunearrow.png

That is still a much more lowly version of what was here before December. People are a LOT less likely to give out their password than just pay for someone to trade them money. And i still havn't gotten a reply to the other part of my post.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That is still a much more lowly version of what was here before December. People are a LOT less likely to give out their password than just pay for someone to trade them money. And i still havn't gotten a reply to the other part of my post.

You under estimate how desperate many people are. It's not a big deal to give out your pass to them, you just have to have your recoveries set and you're fine. And Yeah I'm sorry I missed that. Well, yes I realized people train skills for other reasons then the wild. I will never fully be over the wild being gone, I'll admit that. That really doesn't have anything to do with my topic at hand now does it? Lets keep this on topic now.

These are logical updates that would stop RWT.

This isn't about the wild being gone, for once that has nothing to do with my topic. This is about the fact that RWT is back and I'm sugguesting a logical update to combat it. It can be justified by the same reasons you people tell me.

2. Get over it.

4. It was to fight rwt.

Eatrunearrow.png

No. These are updates you want so people will lose what you've lost. This is shown by

2. Get over it.

4. It was to fight rwt.

And you must admit, people are more likely to just pay for money, than give out their password. RWT is still weaker than it was.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

No. These are updates you want so people will lose what you've lost. This is shown by

2. Get over it.

4. It was to fight rwt.

And you must admit, people are more likely to just pay for money, than give out their password. RWT is still weaker than it was.

"No. These are updates you want so people will lose what you've lost."

Yes you get it that is part of it want a cookie ;)?

However, I am being serious about these sugguestions. What else are they going to do when the credit card companies start to threaten not working with Jagex again? This is a logical thing that will have to be done.

Yes I agree, people are more likely to just pay for it then give out their password...although yeah now you can't do that so people have to adapt, looks like a lot of people have adapted I guess lol. And hey money is money. As long as people get it, they will pay.

Eatrunearrow.png

it is near to impossible to end rwt unless it means to ruin the game so that everybody leaves. there will always be bots, but the updates helped kill off so many of them. now u can actually cut yews!

I agree it is near to impossible. But you really don't understand. The problem isn't the bots. They are gone for the most part but that is not how RWT is being done now.

Eatrunearrow.png

I'm sure Jagex will think of something. Jagex knows and i'm sure everyone else knows that they'd lose a very large amount of players by limiting skilling. A lot more than they lost with the Dec 10 updates.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If you asked me, I'd think you copied this idea from Sly Wizard. Maybe I just assume too much.

Didn't we already come to the conclusion that you could just pick flax, gather materials, etc. to gain money? Are you suggesting we limit our RS progress completely, ruining the entire game just so you can feel even with Skillers who bashed you on this forum? Give me a break. :boohoo:

Besides, Googling is hardly proof. Show me more evidence than that and I might actually believe you. We all know there is a black market - the point is how successful actually is it? I don't see those bald WCers or Fishers like I used to, or flax pickers. When I go to BH I don't see transfers everywhere I look. Also, how many of those search results are scam sites or fake? In conclusion: more proof before making ridiculous suggestions please.

Well we all know why they made the updates, yet they made them for no reason. RWT is indeed alive and well.

Jagex will be the first to admit that the updates did not (and could not) eliminate RWT completely. What they did do was make it much more difficult to do so that the majoritory would give up and move to another game where it is much easier to RWT

I challenge anyone who denies this to google "Runescape" since I don't think I can post the results here. You will notice that on the FIRST page of results 6 out of 10 of the results are indeed RWT sites. Obviously Rwt is alive and well. 10 Gold sites show up before Tip.it even.

Yes, you are quite right about the Google search. However, I challenge you to visit these sites and find out how many are still active, or how many are just hacking, scamming or even worse sites set up to capture your PC to use in bot-nets. If you do take this challenge I suggest that you make sure that your anti-virus protection is set to the highest protection possible.

So my question is, what are they going to do this time? The same problems are soon going to be popping up everywhere again, if they aren't already. ( The stolen credit cards )

How do you know that Jagex are not doing something already in the background? I am sure that they would not publish what they are doing to prevent people finding a way around their solution. After all would drug enforcement agencies, for example, reveal all their methods for with that problem.

Without going to the extremes you suggest they could :-

Have systems to flag up IP changes. For example if an account was used for 5 hours from a UK then immediately for another 5 hours from the US it would be obvious that something illegal was going on, unless someone has invented the teleport :thumbsup:

Have systems that flag up accounts that are used for extremely long periods of time, say 12 hours straight.

There are probably lots of other methods, but I am too tired to come up with them

Once these accounts have been flagged by the systems then Jagex could investigate each one and take action, ie. ban the accounts, if they felt that rules were being broken.

One possibe way to combat this, is to set a limit on the ammount of play time you can be on per day since people will pay RWT to no life on your account and get you a 99.

or

or

Anything like the above would effectively kill RS as these activities are what the majoritory of Runescapers do (and what the game is designed around). Despite what you think the game has never evolved around PKing, etc. (at the most only about 10% of players ever Pked, etc.).

This doesn't sound like fun now does it? But these moves can be "justified" by the same reasons that the wild/staking/free trade was taken out.

I can't see that they can. I would love you to justify this statement.

But hey guys who cares right? You'll just GET OVER IT that you can only gain so much xp per day or play so many hours per day.

Yes, (despite what I said above) probably a lot of people will. Not everyone spends hours per day playing RS some play the game called "Real Life" in their "spare" time.

All the smart people would quit the game, and find something new to do.

Hint hint. Hmm, well, guess the smart part excludes you, seeing as your still here.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Why can't Jagex be a little more like Blizzard and NOT CARE?! I don't see anything on worldofwarcraft.com saying anything about RWT!

Thats because WoW formed a LAWSUIT against RWTing, and won. That's why you don't see it.

Eatrunearrow, what the hell are you trying to say exactly? With your suggestions, RS will die forever. We all know that your favorite part of the game was taken from you, but why won't you get over it? Stop telling us to get over things and mature a bit. You need to grow up and accept that the wildy is gone.

Besides, give me proof that these god damned sites are for real. For all we know, they're trying to steal things from your computer and doom you. Of course, you can't prove it, can you? :roll:

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)