Tattoos

Range_This11

pick a good location for your first tattoo, and possibly take some minor pain medication before you go.

Good advice right there. Also, there are numbing gels available to buy (I have no clue where to buy them) that might be a good idea if you can't handle much pain. Remember never to get drunk before you go in for a tattoo though. Alcohol thins the blood and the process goes quicker with less bleeding ;) They don't have to spend as much time wiping the area clean

What kind of pain medication would you guys suggest? I can take pain, just don't like it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everyone in my close friend group has one or more tattoos, and I love to see the art. The more artsy and elaborate, the better. I've seen a couple of people who got the inside of their lower lip tattooed with a word with personal meaning, and I'm thinking that's a good spot for it. You've got something with meaning, and not a soul will see it unless you want them to. That said, there is nothing in my life that I can imagine having for 10 years and still love as much as the day I got it. Extrapolate from there to say, the rest of my life, and I still can't imagine loving something as much as when I first got it. Just a part of my personality. I'll probably fall in love and get a divorce within a decade, and I probably won't be able to stay put in one place my whole life, but that's just me.

peterstretchfn5.gif

pick a good location for your first tattoo, and possibly take some minor pain medication before you go.

Good advice right there. Also, there are numbing gels available to buy (I have no clue where to buy them) that might be a good idea if you can't handle much pain. Remember never to get drunk before you go in for a tattoo though. Alcohol thins the blood and the process goes quicker with less bleeding ;) They don't have to spend as much time wiping the area clean

What kind of pain medication would you guys suggest? I can take pain, just don't like it.

If you can take pain, I recommend you get your first one without an pain meds. ;)

Range, just one quest. Did it hurt? I mean, of course it does, but how bad? :?

Well it did hurt yes, but nothing that wasn't tolerable. I had a few words written on my side and the outlining of them hurt pretty bad but when he started shading them it didn't hurt at all, just felt like I was being scratched with a vibrating fingernail. But it definitely was NOT the worst pain in my life. It felt like there was a vibrating needle stretching my skin open with a slight burning sensation too. That's all there is to it really. My advice is just get one that's on an area with a lot of muscle underneath like your forearm, pecs, shoulderblades, or leg.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

diy tats are awesome. i'm giving myself two birds on my pelvis as soon as i can find a shop that stocks the right ink.

That's just stupid. I can't stop you from tattooing yourself but if tattoo anyone else I will find out where you live and give you a beating like you can't imagine. I'm not even joking. Scratchers help spread diseases that cause tattoos to have negative reputations (as far as diseases go).

diy tats are awesome. i'm giving myself two birds on my pelvis as soon as i can find a shop that stocks the right ink.

Don't do that. Spend the money to get it done correctly. DIY tattoos fade in like a year anyways. Horrible idea.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

That's just stupid. I can't stop you from tattooing yourself but if tattoo anyone else I will find out where you live and give you a beating like you can't imagine. I'm not even joking. Scratchers help spread diseases that cause tattoos to have negative reputations (as far as diseases go).

yeah, cause most diseases can really be spread on a sterile needle. also, way to act all awesome over the internet, mate.

regarding fading, i've had a lip tat for around 18 months and it's not faded at all. lip tats usually fade faster than normal tats anyway, so bleh at that.

and i didn't mean any sort of complex bird drawing.

75168101mu4.jpg

yeah, cause most diseases can really be spread on a sterile needle. also, way to act all awesome over the internet, mate.

You have access to an autoclave I suppose? I'm not acting awesome over the internet. I can get ahold of your address pretty easily.

cause there's really a need for you to come and get a plane over to the UK, isn't there? and yeah, an autoclave's the only method of sterilization around. :)

edit: you must think i'm not that bright a person. i can assure you, i am.

75168101mu4.jpg

You have access to an autoclave I suppose? I'm not acting awesome over the internet. I can get ahold of your address pretty easily.

cause there's really a need for you to come and get a plane over to the UK, isn't there? and yeah, an autoclave's the only method of sterilization around. :)

If you become a scratcher then, yes, there is a need for me to come over the the UK. Yes, the autoclave is the only method of sterilization that should be used on tattooing items. That doesn't tell me whether or not you have access to one.

i wouldn't tattoo another person without their permission. as in, if they came up to me and asked me to do it. i also wouldn't use the same needle. or any of the other basic stereotypes i assume you're associating with me. no idea what you're referencing with "scratcher" but yeah.

in addition, flaming is suitable for needles, so an autoclave isn't required at all. industrially, perhaps, but as a one off, no.

i'm going to bed cause it's six am, so don't expect a reply back. :).

75168101mu4.jpg

I'm gonna regret this.

DIY Tattoos are...?

Do It Yourself Tattoos AKA Epic Fail.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

i wouldn't tattoo another person without their permission. as in, if they came up to me and asked me to do it. i also wouldn't use the same needle. or any of the other basic stereotypes i assume you're associating with me. no idea what you're referencing with "scratcher" but yeah.

in addition, flaming is suitable for needles, so an autoclave isn't required at all. industrially, perhaps, but as a one off, no.

i'm going to bed cause it's six am, so don't expect a reply back. :).

I won't expect a reply back but I don't think you have a good grasp on how serious blood bourne diseases are. A scratcher is someone who has not taken a BBP (blood bourne pathogen) class, has not apprenticed under a professional tattoo artist, and has not had any professional tattooing experience yet they feel they're still okay to tattoo other people.

Needles don't need to be sterilized. They need to be properly disposed of after being used. It's everything else that comes in contact with the area being tattooed that needs to be sterilized (the tattoing machine, everything the artist touches, etc). If an item comes in contact with blood, ink that was on the tattooed area, or even just the tattooed area then it needs to be sterilized.

mypictureyi1.jpg

Around 600 NOK, or £60. Around two hours was taken on the tattoo, since the lady said she thought it would be one hour, but it went up to two, I still got it for the same price. :P

The touching up was for free two months after taking it. It hasn't seen sun for a year soon, so the colour will last long. :D

that tattoo is very nise 8-)

i wouldnt even consider a tattoo until im in better shape (uberthin atm)

and even then, im not one that likes needles much...

but yeah, theyre nice as long as they arent cheesy southern flags or some other waste of ink.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

mypictureyi1.jpg

Around 600 NOK, or £60. Around two hours was taken on the tattoo, since the lady said she thought it would be one hour, but it went up to two, I still got it for the same price. :P

The touching up was for free two months after taking it. It hasn't seen sun for a year soon, so the colour will last long. :D

Now that tat looks sweet.

I was thinking about getting a DMB Firedancer on my back. How long do you think it will take? I think it's stupid when people put bands for tatoos, but this is a symbol you know??

Look it up and tell me what you think

fire_dancer_fire.jpg

If this is what you're looking for, then I'd say...2 hours or so. Probably more.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg