Role models?

shooterbob7

Look what todays music industry has done. Now, almost every song has swearing(hip-hop), and songs are just starting not to make sense anymore. Like Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl". What good does this promote? And i used to love hip-hop, but now all they talk about is about how much money, girls, and material items they have. It used to be raps about real things, but now its a disgrace. They call themselves role models? Now on the streets, i hear little children cursing, its sad to see that, especially when its from a song. Also, whats up with this satanic music? its kinda weird you know. People l worshiping him in their music? That is wrong!

shooterbob7.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what todays music industry has done. Now, almost every song has swearing(hip-hop), and songs are just starting not to make sense anymore. Like Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl". What good does this promote? And i used to love hip-hop, but now all they talk about is about how much money, girls, and material items they have. It used to be raps about real things, but now its a disgrace. They call themselves role models? Now on the streets, i hear little children cursing, its sad to see that, especially when its from a song. Also, whats up with this satanic music? its kinda weird you know. People l worshiping him in their music? That is wrong!
even worse:kids in the 3RD GRADE!swear like 6 graders :shock:

but rap/hip-hop music from the 90's was about problems(informer)

its just the time methinks....

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I don't believe musicians should be forced to sing in such a way that forces them to look like role models. I believe taking a stance on music that feels comfortable for the musician is allowed. If that song includes swearing etc. then the children shouldn't be listening to it in the first place. Songs just aren't that influential in my view. I like the "I kissed a girl" song, but simply because it sounds good. I wouldn't sit there and think "She's discussing 2 girls kissing, how shameful", I'd think "Good song".

And in my view, rap has never been that good. :P

Also in regards to children swearing, if the parents/guardians maintained control over them, then swearing would not be an issue. I recall swearing once as a child, and had a stern talking to. Never swore again as a child. When I hear a child swearing I immediately imagine what the parents must be like. And not a great image comes to mind.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkA6zugNMQ

Oh boohoo children are cursing. Cursing, c'mon.

Thats what certain types of people have been saying since rock'n'roll came in the 50'. It's such a cliche that music is bad influence for the children.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Everybody, rap sucks and always has

DEAL WITH IT

I'm taking a punk stand on this

everyone who raps is a SELL OUT

they rap, not because they like it, but because they want to make money

they dont even write their own songs

they get sent in by people who think they can write "music"

rap doesnt even take any talent, they dont even sing

they talk in a rhyme

Also, "satanic" music like Slayer :evil: \\m// :evil: isnt always satanic

Tom Araya (songwriter/bassist/singer for Slayer) writes his lyrics because it sounds good to him

yogosun.png

*Plays Uber-Guitar Solo while you stand in awe*

yogosun.png

Another rap bashing thread.....bravo on the originality =D>

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

No, there's a big difference between old school punk and modern punk. Old school punk was against the very thing that modern day punk is doing right now. It's very ironic.

Punk music is not a sell out, especially in America.

Man, I love punk and I couldn't stop laughing at this. You're stupid if you think most punk bands aren't sell outs.

Dude, your probably not from the real city....

shooterbob7.png

punk bands arnt sellouts just greenday is a sellout

bands like social distortin, dead kennedys, vandals, anti flag, pennywise, and flogging molly arnt sellouts

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

bands like social distortin, dead kennedys, vandals, anti flag, pennywise, and flogging molly arnt sellouts

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

:-s name one instance where any of those bands have been a sell out

man i think he is nuts

373884298_m.jpg

It doesn't matter to you, anyways. You'll defend your favorite music to the death, I'm sure, and that's a good thing to do.

Your defense will be tested when I build the Thunderdome, though. TWO MEN WHOM ENJOY DIFFERENT MUSIC GENRES ENTER.

ONE LEAVES.

DEAL WITH IT

I hate it when people say things like this. You probably won't listen. but I can attempt to change your mind.

This already proves that you are a punk elitist, so you probably aren't willing to even try any other genre.

Do you have any proof of this, that every person who has ever rapped doesn't like rapping? How about the older stuff, such as illmatic-era Nas and Beastie Boys, or underground artists like immortal technique? Underground artists certainly wouldn't be doing it for the money, since they wouldn't be making much of it anyways.

Again, not every rapper relies on other people to write songs for them. It's now obvious that you haven't heard any rap outside of the radio/MTV.

This is one of the worst arguements against rap, and one of the most common. How is it not music if it has Rhythm, dynamics, time signatures, and Melody?

they talk in a rhyme

Have you ever even tried rapping? It's incredibly hard to do it and sound good, and is much more difficult than just "talking in a rhyme".

rappers arnt sellouts just Soulja boy is a sellout

rappers like tupac, KRS-1, Grandmaster Flash, Jay-Z, Nas arnt sellouts

Well, Tupac would have trouble being a sellout now. I think you know why.

But I think rap could have been different, it just got so common for rap to be generalized as a gangster music, and thus, its shunned by so many. I don't particularly like it, but I'll listen to it just fine. The beat and general catchyness is always fun.

your right i will fight to the death for punk..........

im open to new catagories like ska, oi!, garage rock,alternative,celtic, and anarcho

also i just dont like rap

im a kid and it drives me nuts

dont like the lyrics, the moral, or the rythm

thats why i like the dropkicks and flogging molly

373884298_m.jpg

DEAL WITH IT

I hate it when people say things like this. You probably won't listen. but I can attempt to change your mind.

This already proves that you are a punk elitist, so you probably aren't willing to even try any other genre.

Do you have any proof of this, that every person who has ever rapped doesn't like rapping? How about the older stuff, such as illmatic-era Nas and Beastie Boys, or underground artists like immortal technique? Underground artists certainly wouldn't be doing it for the money, since they wouldn't be making much of it anyways.

Again, not every rapper relies on other people to write songs for them. It's now obvious that you haven't heard any rap outside of the radio/MTV.

This is one of the worst arguements against rap, and one of the most common. How is it not music if it has Rhythm, dynamics, time signatures, and Melody?

they talk in a rhyme

Have you ever even tried rapping? It's incredibly hard to do it and sound good, and is much more difficult than just "talking in a rhyme".

so Mr. "Rap Elitist"

learn more than the basics about ppl

music also involves instruments, not always about the same thing only different words

I dont listen to MTV/the radio

I never said rappers didnt like rapping

i just said they do it more for the money than they like it

i like rock, metal, grunge, hair metal, jazz, country, old music(1920s-present), hardcore, punk is a little sketchy, basically anything but rap, pop and hip-hop

Don't assume you kno someone because they said that they dont like rap

yogosun.png

*Plays Uber-Guitar Solo while you stand in awe*

yogosun.png

music also involves instruments, not always about the same thing only different words

I'd like you to meet my little friend 'electronica'. (techno) And anyways a lot of beats in rap are done with a drum, at least good rappers.

your right i will fight to the death for punk..........

im open to new catagories like ska, oi!, garage rock,alternative,celtic, and anarcho

also i just dont like rap

im a kid and it drives me nuts

dont like the lyrics, the moral, or the rythm

thats why i like the dropkicks and flogging molly

Of course you support two of the most known punk bands, awesome. I don't really care if someone listens to punk (I listen to a little myself, whats good of it anyways) but lets not turn this into yet another rap sucks thread.

But I think rap could have been different, it just got so common for rap to be generalized as a gangster music, and thus, its shunned by so many. I don't particularly like it, but I'll listen to it just fine. The beat and general catchyness is always fun.

I don't really listen to rap either. Well, I have some saga francis stuff on my PC but that's about it. I was just trying to make a point in which these two still don't seem to get.