Professional Firemaking - Do it your way! [New: Videos]

BiJay

Great Guide. I've actually been using this method for quite awhile and like it, although it is very click intensive. You may wish to add Oo'googl(sp?) to the list of places to do this, while its not as efficent as the Grand Exchange you make up for lost time in serenity.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be a minimum of lvl 30 and under the top 2M players in the skill to have it ranked. Non-ranked skills are displayed as lvl 1.

but thats just my problem, look at the highscore! and you'll see much much more skills are ranked!

hunter for example= lvl 52

magic=lvl 48

smith= lvl 32

:-# and those arn't ranked????

(but summ, farming, herblore and slayer are indeed very very low....(not under 10 but STILL verrrrry low))

(oh, and if you didn't know, my rs name is, Bella kohler)

bella_kohler.png

9M.png

You have to be a minimum of lvl 30 and under the top 2M players in the skill to have it ranked. Non-ranked skills are displayed as lvl 1.

but thats just my problem, look at the highscore! and you'll see much much more skills are ranked!

hunter for example= lvl 52

magic=lvl 48

smith= lvl 32

:-# and those arn't ranked????

(but summ, farming, herblore and slayer are indeed very very low....(not under 10 but STILL verrrrry low))

(oh, and if you didn't know, my rs name is, Bella kohler)

Please read and understand what I say.

Your hunting lvl is ranked. And the player with rank 2,000,000 in the magic hiscores has 50 magic. Players with less xp as him are not displayed in the hiscores so keep leveling. Same with smithing.

Summoning, farming, herblore and slayer are just harder skills and/or member skills so less people have higher levels.

If you have more questions regarding this please use the help & advice section of this forum.

[404] Signature not found.

I added 4 more videos. Please feel free to rate them cause it's my first time making RS vids. I'm still working on "Walking in Fires" but RS slows down when I film and I'm still not the best in it.

New log types and places will be added in the near future.

[404] Signature not found.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, that just makes firemaking so much more...complicated...what's wrong with the simple lighting 13 fires east, then 13 west at the GE? When I got 99 FM, I just did it that way, and burned around 1300 logs an hour. All this extra stuff just seems unnessisary.....

However, it is rather interesting that you actually took the time to find out distances for when you could continuously light fires....

I'll give it a 5/10

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Wow, that just makes firemaking so much more...complicated...what's wrong with the simple lighting 13 fires east, then 13 west at the GE? When I got 99 FM, I just did it that way, and burned around 1300 logs an hour. All this extra stuff just seems unnessisary.....

However, it is rather interesting that you actually took the time to find out distances for when you could continuously light fires....

I'll give it a 5/10

Believe me, once you get good at it, it is so much faster. I had a method going where I could do two inventories at the GE and end up within two squares of the banker both times.

And how the heck do you light fires east anyway? o_0

Flyingjj.png

you make a fire...then click to the east of the fire you made, and light another...repeat untill you reach the steps, then just move one spot north or south, and light the rest the normal way.

You end up one spot away from the bank...as well as starting one spot away....

Basically it's the same thing as what this guide says...but much easier to understand.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I tried the basic method a few method of firemaking a few months ago, and just couldn't pull it off consistently. This week I went back to it and suddenly a penny dropped. I nowadays do it mostly right!

HOORAH!

Firemaking is suddenly so much more fun. I did 4 levels of firemaking yesterday just because I was enjoying myself.

I was making a big rectangle up and down at the GE and "giggle" sometimes interfered with the people making the regular straight line. Or I would just make irregular patterns. Whatever I felt like!

Thank you very much for this guide. I love this way of making fires!

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

When I go Firemaking, I like to use a big, open space. Places such as Varrock West Bank (The one that is NORTH of the Bank, not SOUTH!) and Falador East Bank.

I agree with the inventory spots, it is the best way to so.

Another tip is to utilise your clicks well!

When I train FM, I usually click on the Tinderbox first, and then on the logs.

Then, I hover over to a nearby log, and click on the Tinderbox,

Then, I click on the Tinderbox again and then hover to a log.

That way, you can save yourself some tiresome mouse-dragging!

I also prefer the 13-14 split.

First off, you need to know if there is more open space WEST of you or EAST of you.

If west, you FM like normal until you use up 13 logs. (A good trcker is to use the same inventory set-up as mentioned, and then FM in a left to right sequence until you reach the Tinderbox.

Then, you go onto another line, and Backwards-FM the remainder of the logs.

If East, then you go the opposite way - You Backwards-FM 13 logs and normally FM the remainder.

This should take you back to the Bank without you having to run back! A great time-saver and generally gives out a lot more XP than doing the hole 27 line.

Oh, I should mention - this works best in a wide place with FOUR EMPTY LINES you can FM in.

A narrower line will not work effectively!

Great guide with lots of expert tips! Congrats on a job well done. ^^

Generia.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...