Future Applicants worth it?

Dbzruler72

Nearly all clans, from the newbies to the most dominant, have some sort of future applicant system. In fact, I haven't seen a clan without an early-join system in the past year. Some clans reach even further by creating a junior clan or an introduction setup.

An early-join system has many advantages. A few are listed here:

• [*:2vyfpznv]Orientation

[*:2vyfpznv]War training

[*:2vyfpznv]Added members in wars where FA's are allowed.

Then again, Future Applicants can have setbacks:

• [*:2vyfpznv]False representation of activity

[*:2vyfpznv]For the FA's themselves, hating the wait.

Are clans wasting time & effort, or are future applicants just another standard?

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I think their worth it because if you let them in as a low level by the time they fit your req(normally) they are pretty decent with warring, also if you hook em as a low level that means the probably would join you clan when they fit the req.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Tal Shair doesnt work with Future Applicants...

Either you make the cut, or you dont, no point stringing someone along who might lose interest...

If people REALLY want to be in the clan, then they'll work their [wagon] off to get the requirements...

Reading this back it sounds almost like spartan selection, doesnt it?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Instinct uses the Future Applicant rank as a brief example of how the member will act when in the actual clan. Applicants that do not meet the clan requirements can register and be a Future Applicant, so that they can enjoy the community our forums provide while they're training to become a clan member.

The main reason we introduced a Future Applicant process into our forum was the fact that we sometimes deleted "Members" that were on vacation, or something similar, when doing an inactive sweep to remove recent applicants who had not posted in a reasonable amount of time.

In order to remove some of the "Hating the wait" downside to our Future App system, the "Future Applicant" forum mask is nearly identical to the "Member" forum mask on our forum.

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and the darkness, nothing more.

The true master of Death does not seek to run away from Death. He accepts that he must die,

and understands there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying.

To the well organized mind death is but the next great adventure.

And now, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Tal Shair doesnt work with Future Applicants...

Either you make the cut, or you dont, no point stringing someone along who might lose interest...

If people REALLY want to be in the clan, then they'll work their [wagon] off to get the requirements...

Reading this back it sounds almost like spartan selection, doesnt it?

Last I checked, was a while ago so I could be wrong, TSA's requirements were low. The main focus was that you were active in game and IRC. So for clans like that, I agree, FA systems are pointless. For more high leveled clans though, FA systems can really be helpful.

pan.png

Our requirements have changed somewhat...

Right now 1250 total level with atleast any one combat skill 70 or higher... Our website is in the process of an overhaul to reflect this...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I used to be against it, calling it a cheap version of mass recruiting. I have however, had a change of thought.

It is a great way for interested players, who lacks the required requirements, to meet people from the clan so that, when they finally join, immediately feel like a part of the family, instead of having to meet the other members at that time.

I don't think a FA system is an absolute necessity for a successful combat-based clan, but in my opinion such systems are definitely worth it. As others have said, it allows those who don't quite yet meet the reqs to become acquainted with the clan's community, atmosphere, and structure well before joining; as a result, if they do choose to join, they can truly hit the ground running. I think the "wait" associated with FA systems is actually a good thing, as it helps to weed out those who really aren't interested in the clan and/or active in RS. If a clan is going to cater to people who don't yet meet the reqs, the least those people could do is set themselves on a course to be active, contributing members - an efficient FA system ensures that those types of people benefit while those who are UNWORTHY(!) are systematically filtered out.

People can still hang out with us before they are put on the memberlist...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

We use it more a trial system than as a way to get people with lower lvl into the clan's events. The main reason why it's good to have an FA list is so other clan's don't think you are too strong in numbers than what you really are.

090831004444.png

Adding onto what Sanpedro said, FA's have had so much impact, that RuneHead even created a separate list for them.

Ts, I didn't know your clan didn't have an FA system. Now that I think about it, I don't recall your clan ever having one. Sorry I missed that.

elit9, what you said about the "hate to wait" state of mind was interesting. The FA system takes out the impatient, leaving the clan with true loyal, active members.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

We use a trial system, in the trial period (2-4 weeks), the Trial Member gets the time to look around and get his combat to the required level. It's not only a period for the Trial Member to see if the clan fits him, the Trial Member also has to visit at least 4 events and has to be active on our forums.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

However, Militos Deci is reforming, and Tal Shiar is taking an active interest in this (we have about 6 former MD people in our ranks)...

People that are F2P, or do not fit the requirements yet will be recommended to apply to Militos Deci...

Thats about the closest thing we have to an FA list, but obviously is not one...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

These days Im actually cofused if MD is actually a FA clan for TSA or just a clan on it's own with TSA as our allies :? .

Either way, MD does not have a FA list seeing that our requirements are low for a normal clan. IF we were 95+ or so, we would've needed an FA list.

22031_s.gif

As I said, MD is a clan on its own with TSA as close allies, we have no jurisdiction over you whatsoever...

I was just pointing out that there are many cross-overs between our clans, as even MD's leader is still a member of TSA...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!