Grand Exchange: How to successfully invest/merchant

sirgudi

This is simply a guide to find out when an item is being hoarded and dumped. When it's being hoarded, you won't be able to buy for max; when it's being dumped after a week-long hoard, you won't be able to sell for min. This is a basic tip that will not work for hoarded items. It's investing, not merchanting.

2496 Completionist

I am sorry but your buy and sell times are TERRIBLE. Seriously, you are telling people to buy and sell at the opposite times they should pretty much.

Using your example:

rhr0pw.jpg

On July 24th you will notice the price isnt dropping nearly as much as the previous day, you should buy then, because you will still be able to get the item for under market price and the next day they will begin to go up (Not buy on the 26th as you suggested.)

On July 28th you notice that it doesnt go up as much as the 2 previous days. Sell your item above mid price then, because the next night it will most likely drop below mid price.

This method works for every wave cycle. Your buy and sell dates should be the following:

July 24th - Buy

July 28th - Sell

August 2nd - Buy

August 4th - Sell

Only August 13th you suggest to buy an item that has a stable line going very slowely down, that is a terrible suggestion.

So some sad act level 136 is arguing with people who use this technique and live off it? Yeah...likely.

You also obviously have no idea that graphs can fluctuate from the pattern they are dropping or rising in. For example the Obby Maul it wobbles as it rises, but after the 1day drop, continues to rise. Using your technique you would have sold up before then. This technique shows the start and end of a rise, and does not run the risk of selling out and making less profit than you could have.

You say mine is a terrible suggestion? Take a look at yours. This graph (Obby Maul) marked by me, shows how you would have lost out on nearly double your profit:

2vx12tl.png

I would have bought 30 mauls, and using your technqiue i would have made 450k. Using mine i would have made 760k. GF you tried.

Do you actually know WHY a line is changing? I totally agree with CampbellMC, that the buy/sell times are not right.

Your ''gf i made more profit than u'' calculation is just based on the MEDIUM price of that day. It just doesn't work that way.

If you buy 1 day before the lines cross, you have a chance that the item is selling at a LOW price because not much people have noticed the price is about to change.

If you sell 1 day before the second pair of lines cross, you have a good chance that the item is selling at a HIGH price because not much people noticed the price is going to drop soon.

Also you say in your example;

2vx12tl.png

That you keep your item but a) that's risky and B) that took you like 10 days and c) when the 30 day average goes below the daily and 5 day average it could be a sign that it goes back up.

So let's say, first that we bought the obby mauls at a low price... add (10k?) to the profit.

That's 25k already.

Second, that we done that in the HALF time, so that we even can do ANOTHER merch in the time you are waiting for the obby mauls to go up 10k.

Third: on the day the item crashes you have to sell your item for a terrible price since every wants to get rid of it.

I'm not saying that this doesn't work (I also did this first) but you could get alot more out of it.

Boo.

Do you actually know WHY a line is changing? I totally agree with CampbellMC, that the buy/sell times are not right.

Your ''gf i made more profit than u'' calculation is just based on the MEDIUM price of that day. It just doesn't work that way.

If you buy 1 day before the lines cross, you have a chance that the item is selling at a LOW price because not much people have noticed the price is about to change.

If you sell 1 day before the second pair of lines cross, you have a good chance that the item is selling at a HIGH price because not much people noticed the price is going to drop soon.

Also you say in your example;

2vx12tl.png

That you keep your item but a) that's risky and B) that took you like 10 days and c) when the 30 day average goes below the daily and 5 day average it could be a sign that it goes back up.

So let's say, first that we bought the obby mauls at a low price... add (10k?) to the profit.

That's 25k already.

Second, that we done that in the HALF time, so that we even can do ANOTHER merch in the time you are waiting for the obby mauls to go up 10k.

Third: on the day the item crashes you have to sell your item for a terrible price since every wants to get rid of it.

I'm not saying that this doesn't work (I also did this first) but you could get alot more out of it.

But that's bull. You can't buy items lower because the line is leveling out.

And the point of spending not all your money is that you can merch more than one thing at the same time, so that theory is out of the window.

And still, you are way moer likely to sell up and make little profit compared to my technique, so stop arguing with it. Mine is better.

I dont claim to be a pro merchant, but you cant just base your buy and sell points off data from a week ago, because you do no predicting that way. Yesterday I noticed that Snapdragons had only dropped 25 gp and 9gp (clean and grimy) meaning that the next day (today) they would begin going back up. Yesterday I put bids in for both kinds of snapdragons under mid price and over the course of the last 24 hours I bought 140M worth of them at 6.9k-7k each. If I had have listened to your method I would have to start buying them at the end of today, which would mean I will probably be paying around 7.1k+ each. On tuesday night I should be able to sell all for around 7.4k (7.2-7.3k if I wait till wednesday as you would suggest.) With my buying and selling times I am looking at 8M+ profit in 3 days. With your buying and selling method I would be looking at 2M profit. Ill take my 8M.

Leveling out? You only see a huge price drop meaning people want to get rid of it before it drops more. As soon as the line is becoming a "bowl-shaped" form then you know it (could) change direction. The crossover is just a confirmation (1-2 days behind) that the direction has changed.

---

Also don't call this YOUR method since I wrote a huge guide on zybez about this and I gave credits to this site:

http://www.thegrandexchange.com

Not sure if this also was the FIRST person who did this, but still... it has been there since the start of the grand exchange.

Boo.

Leveling out? You only see a huge price drop meaning people want to get rid of it before it drops more. As soon as the line is becoming a "bowl-shaped" form then you know it (could) change direction. The crossover is just a confirmation (1-2 days behind) that the direction has changed.

---

Also don't call this YOUR method since I wrote a huge guide on zybez about this and I gave credits to this site:

http://www.thegrandexchange.com

Not sure if this also was the FIRST person who did this, but still... it has been there since the start of the grand exchange.

umm u kno the first ppl to release these methods were sock brokers so none of u can claim the right to this methos for stock breaking has been armound for along time way for rs was made

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

Oo good guide.

I did this with sharks, but I accidently bought for the price I was supposed to sell for =/ They have been going up like crazy latley so should I just keep them? They won't sell even at min price.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

Thanks for the guide......I will test it tonite....I understood you always buy at 11K more than minimum when the DA moves upwards or crosses the DA. What I dont understand and maybe you can help me out is how much would you sell an item when the time comes ??? normal price or 11K over normal ge price ?

Mitchartz.gif

GWD:

Sara : 6 saradomin swords in 3 trips with team

Bandos : Hilt, Tassets, Chest and Boots (with team) 2 Shard 3 from minions

Armadyl : nothing yet

Zamorak : 1 steam staff (with team)

Spiritual Mages : over 40 dragon boots

This technique is MUCH more simple, but only really works at night. Just before you go to bed, buy a large amount of an item (I love to do this with whips and saradomin swords) for 11k above minimum price. Overnight there will be numerous people that just want to get rid of the item quickly, they will sell it for minimum price. Most people will add 10k to their price to get these kind of buys quicker than everyone else. By offering 11k you bump theres off the list by 1k, so you are fairly likely to get the item for around minimum price. I buy 5 whips a night with this technnique, i make about 120k per whip, so i make a whopping 600k in my sleep. Mixed with the other technique, i can make up to 1m a night.

Im guessing you sell when you log in the next day?

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

This technique is MUCH more simple, but only really works at night. Just before you go to bed, buy a large amount of an item (I love to do this with whips and saradomin swords) for 11k above minimum price. Overnight there will be numerous people that just want to get rid of the item quickly, they will sell it for minimum price. Most people will add 10k to their price to get these kind of buys quicker than everyone else. By offering 11k you bump theres off the list by 1k, so you are fairly likely to get the item for around minimum price. I buy 5 whips a night with this technnique, i make about 120k per whip, so i make a whopping 600k in my sleep. Mixed with the other technique, i can make up to 1m a night.

Im guessing you sell when you log in the next day?

Yeah, ASAP with whips cause they are dropping all the time...the pking release may change that though.

Sir Gudi ur guide is the most understandable I have ever read. All the other ones are intented for Harverd students to understand but this one is just for the average person. Ty for this info i noticed saradomin stoles are going up so wish me luck. (Bought 100 for max and i havent bought any yet they will rise fersure the next day right?) 10/10 for the guide =D>

kingvictor13.png

GWD Drops- Sara Swords-3 Sara Hilt-2 Zammy Hilt-1 Zammy Spears-3 Arma Helms- 2 Arma Skirt-2 Arma body-2

I gud Pk

well im going to try and do this but i dont think ill do to good...i know its probably against what you do but could you pretty please let me in on a first few. you can just pm me the item. its not like youll loose anything as me buying will also help up the price. i just ask for a first few to get me going and seeing what this is all about. i have around 11m in cash btw but i dont really want to spend absolutly all of it. ty in advance even if you decide not to help ;)

Y_Z.png

Hiya, This is first time i try to merchant with the ge so I please want your help ;)

I have read your blog (great blog btw) and so i think i have found a good thing to buy i don't realy got a lot of money so..

I'm thinking of buying Adamant legs (g). Here are the statistics. the AD is going over the 5AD today.

adamantlegsggeuq5.png

Should i buy Those legs or do u have got a better idea for me plz??

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!