Computers - Have They Gotten Too Advanced?

Dizzle229

By the way now that Macs run on Intel I have no problem with them. None at all. Well except for the one reason that I'm not typing from a mac right now and that is that Apple doesn't legally allow people to install OS X on anything other than their hardware. And their hardware is overpriced.

Do it backwards just because you can.

vistaonmac.jpg

knkcopy.jpg

I see the problem now. I wasn't raised to use computers, just to play the games :lol:

Everything I know about modding and all that stuff I had to learn through great hassle.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

For one thing, you sound like a bit of a technophobe. But all I know is I'll never be afraid of how advanced computers are until they start Rick Rolling us themselves. That will be the start of the Techno War. Rave gunfights. It'll make a great movie.

Really though, they are getting a bit advanced, considering it's pretty often you need training to repair even your own. But I have my dad to teach me for that.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Its not your computer controlling skills, its the fact that Mircosoft and Apple WANT you to buy their crap and make their computers deny and block stuff and make your life a headache unless you know the way around. With each version being more and more anti-piratery (Win95,XP, Vista) its more and more difficult for the common person to change their computer.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Exactly... if I would of been put on a Windows computer 12 years ago, I'd be out here dissing Mac's like everyone else. But hey, that didn't happen. :P

I was actually raised on a PC and I prefer a Mac for graphics work, though I'd take a PC for most anything else. I had to stop dissing Macs once I started to use them :(

Personally I don't find computers too advanced, but then it's my job! I was there at the start, before DOS and CPM, Basic graphics, the age of game and watch and the fall of Troy, erk mayby not the Troy bit.

I loved DOS, and could batch program faster than Freddy Fudpucker on acid. I saw the birth of the WIMP (Windows Icons Mice & Peripherals), which is what we now call the GUI (Graphic User Interface). Not forgetting WYSIWYG in word processors, which the Amiga was in it's day, streets ahead of the PC.

The more complex the system, the more interesting I find it, and the more there is to learn. I'm a puzzle solver! I love working things out and getting them to do what I want them to do. I was inspired by someone called Leon who was a student at my Uni. He would hack anything, he even hacked our drinks machine and figured out how to get sugar in the oxtail soup! I bet he's some system admin now making a fortune, I should have bagged that guy LOL.

In answer to the threads question: No, computers are no more complex than they were 20 years ago. You may forget at how annoying it was getting a game to run in a DOS environment. You had to set the Blaster Env Variables, configure Expanded or Extended RAM and setup the game to access your hardware such as BASE I/O and IRQ for your sound card, and every game was different. What a nice bunch of batch files we had in those days LOL.

I think companies over-complicate software in attempting to make things more user-friendly, but computers are nowhere near being too advanced.

That is absoultly true. My dad got a new laptop and it came with Vista. So he let me play on it once and I was trying to find the control pannel to change some of the Display settings. Once I found it, it told me to pick a category. I was "WTF? Where's my Display monitor picture damnit!" Damn, Microsoft, leave the easy-to-do crap to Apple.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think companies over-complicate software in attempting to make things more user-friendly, but computers are nowhere near being too advanced.

That is absoultly true. My dad got a new laptop and it came with Vista. So he let me play on it once and I was trying to find the control pannel to change some of the Display settings. Once I found it, it told me to pick a category. I was "WTF? Where's my Display monitor picture damnit!" Damn, Microsoft, leave the easy-to-do crap to Apple.

You could have right clicked on the desktop and selected properties (That gets you the display panel) or clicked Classic View in the control Panel (That restores the old style control panel view) :)

Trust windows to have many easy ways of doing the same thing :P

Never had to download more than one program to make something work, and that's just updates to java, flash direct x etc.

I've been using PCs forever, I know how to use macs, but PCs are easier for me to use. Macs usually over complicate things in order to make it simpler, yet anyone who had any idea what they were doing on a PC could do the same thing in half the time.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

You could have right clicked on the desktop and selected properties (That gets you the display panel) or clicked Classic View in the control Panel (That restores the old style control panel view) :)

Trust windows to have many easy ways of doing the same thing :P

And when it says pick a category, appearance and themes is the first link :|

But yeah, when you've been using computers since you were just walking, you kinda know what you're doing.

for me it's been since I could crawl (changed a password at 18 months :lol: )

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Computers will be to advanced when they do EVERYTHING for you. Even playing games.

*Cough Macro's*

OT:

Computers don't dictate what is advanced or not, it's the user. There are over 120 features in Windows XP/Vista that most here don't use/ never heard of. Computers aren't very advanced. In the army ,they use computers that we won't see for another decade.

Smart computers = AI

AI = bad in movies (iRobot ,AI, Terminator)

AI can do everything we can do and more, with ease.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

AI can do everything we can do and more, with ease.

Depends what you mean. As much as people like to think it, I am convinced that sky net (from the terminator series) can never happen. A self aware machine that learns is not operational because a computer is only as advanced as a human.

AI can't have real emotions, AI cant think and truly adapt (They can in a primitive sense, but not like a human). I am pretty sure there are certain things that a robot will never be able to do that we can.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Computers are really very simple. Downloading might get annoying if you haven't in awhile. Far from "too advanced". The day computers think for us will be the day they are "too advanced". Though IF that ever happens I doubt it will be anywhere near our lifetime. Unlike the movies a computer's first command is to do what it was programed to do, not break of and form a rebel society with other computers. Though sometimes there will be bugs in computers, if you have a really skilled person programing them they will think of all the big bugs, leaving small inconvinces.

Yeah, they are advanced, but never too advanced. They have only been around 50 years, and the good ones just started coming out in the 1990's. Anyways, that mybe from just having your security settings set to high.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008