Physics IGCSE- A*

Biology IGCSE - A*

Music - A

French - A

English Lit - B

English Lang - B

History - B

Classical Civilisation - B

So happy. I'm going on to do A level Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Philosophy and Critical Thinking.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit late, but GCSEs don't actually mean a thing. the only thing you'll need these for is your UCAS next year, lol.

Well then they do mean a thing, without decent GCSE's you can't go into 6th form and do A Levels.

Biology - A*

Chemistry - A*

Physics - A

Maths - A

English Language - A

English Literature - A

ICT - A

German - A

Latin - C

History - C

pretty pleased. The only ones I'm continuing are the top 4, and the marks are way above what I needed to get into the courses so... go me. \' Considering I dont think I did more than 2 hours worth of revision for all 10 in total its a damn decent outcome.

Tk5SF.png

If you want a laugh, here is a link to a video of Radio One DJs getting their Maths GCSE result (9 of them took it as an experiment):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsb ... 575406.stm

Well done to all who got the results they wanted :) Don't let anyone tell you that GCSEs are meaningless or easy. Universities will use them to decide whether you get an offer or not, and those A*s are special because they put you in the top 5%, whereas an A at A-Level only puts you in the top 25%.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

If you want a laugh, here is a link to a video of Radio One DJs getting their Maths GCSE result (9 of them took it as an experiment):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/newsb ... 575406.stm

Well done to all who got the results they wanted :) Don't let anyone tell you that GCSEs are meaningless or easy. Universities will use them to decide whether you get an offer or not, and those A*s are special because they put you in the top 5%, whereas an A at A-Level only puts you in the top 25%.

Lol, nice vid. but arent some Unis like Imperial College (i think) doing their own exams, because they thin kGCSEs are too easy?

on a scale of 1 to [bleeping] stupid, radio one DJs are right up there with Jade Goody and George Bush's secret lovechildren. Makes me feel better about my A tbh.

Never has a finer sentence been written on here.

Lol, nice vid. but arent some Unis like Imperial College (i think) doing their own exams, because they thin kGCSEs are too easy?

All Medical Schools are considering it, and most demand the UKCAT (aptitude test). When I went into UCAS, my GCSE grades were not even considered. Universities are looking for what qualities you have as a person and what grades you get at A Level, or whatever qualification you go into next. Getting an A* in Chemistry will not give you an advantage for getting into Medicine at Cambridge if your personality isn't appropriate for being a doctor.

on a scale of 1 to [bleeping] stupid, radio one DJs are right up there with Jade Goody and George Bush's secret lovechildren. Makes me feel better about my A tbh.

Actually, I'd guess that they are about as intelligent or more intelligent than the general population. The same people that say every year that exams are getting easier, and how it was harder when they were at school, etc.etc.

What someone needs to do is to put a short GCSE maths paper on the internet and let people take it and then have their paper automatically graded. That'd shut up the naysayers.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

on a scale of 1 to [beeping] stupid, radio one DJs are right up there with Jade Goody and George Bush's secret lovechildren. Makes me feel better about my A tbh.

Actually, I'd guess that they are about as intelligent or more intelligent than the general population.

nobody. and I mean NOBODY functioning in today's society can score 0 on a foundation maths paper. We were doing practice papers in maths before we took ours, and I grabbed a foundation one for a laugh, and 100%ed the damn thing in about 10 minutes. The first question was

"write out the number 256 in words".

the second question was

"what is 12 multiplied by 7?"

Tk5SF.png

What someone needs to do is to put a short GCSE maths paper on the internet and let people take it and then have their paper automatically graded. That'd shut up the naysayers.

They are easier. While that doesn't take away our achievements, they are easier.

Put it this way; my Dad was doing binomial expansions and differentiations at GCSE level. I was doing it at AS, and would have continued it at A2 if I had chosen to do a full A Level. Stuff he did at A Level is now done at degree level.

Put it this way; my Dad was doing binomial expansions and differentiations at GCSE level. I was doing it at AS, and would have continued it at A2 if I had chosen to do a full A Level. Stuff he did at A Level is now done at degree level.

But theyre easyyy. We were shown that sort of stuff in GCSE towards the end of the year as a sort of taster for A-level. Differentiation/Integration and finding the gradient of a gradient to find the graphs line maxima or minima values was the single greatest (read: easiest) thing about maths. Though im glad they did put it into A-level since I botched up statistics and could wave over a few marks to cover it up.

knkcopy.jpg

Oh hell, I know they're easy. It's been a whole year since I've even looked at one and I remember how to do them. I got an A at AS Level.

It's just ridiculous when you can pass maths at GCSE level barely being able to do long multiplication. Not that I'm disrespecting anyone's achievements here - you still have to work hard. But they should be more difficult and relevant. Perhaps we could do Decision maths at GCSE level and integrate it with ICT and computing?

Anyways, this isn't the place for a debate.

Congrats on all the fantastic grades I've seen so far. ::'

I got my results yesterday but forgot to post #-o

English Language - A

English Literature - B

Maths - B

Humanities -B

Art - B

Reglious Education - B

Science (Additional) - C (counts as two GSCE's)

Design and Technology (RM) - C

ICT - C

PE - E (I didn't care about PE so I didn't take part in most of the pratical and coursework)

My mocks were so rubbish, and these results just shock me soo much! A in English was the last thing I expected.

So I got 10 GCSE's (10/11 which is pretty good), 1 A, 5 B's, 4 C's and 1 E.

:mrgreen:

Well done to everyone else as well :)

That's why my school's converting to IGCSE. They're a lot harder than normal ones, and they are "internationally acknowledged". Thing is that they drop all of the 'Write 256 in words' questions and slap on some insanely hard ones instead.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I got an A* in my Astronomy so i'm pleased with that. I did my other GCSE's last year, this was just an extra I did for interest's sake.

Astronomy? Does your school do Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies while you're at it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I got an A* in my Astronomy so i'm pleased with that. I did my other GCSE's last year, this was just an extra I did for interest's sake.

Astronomy? Does your school do Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies while you're at it?

:lol:

Got mine yesterday, only did a science module (All A* bar Biology (A) but added to my 1A score its A*) and IT (A in exam + full marks on coursework -> A*)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

Hah, nah, it was just an extra that's offered by a retired physics teacher. Two lunchtimes a week and to be honest the lessons were so much fun it hardly felt like work. It's a good GCSE actually, more rigorous than the current science GCSE's.

My school actually offers Ancient Greek come to think of it, which I tried, but i'm rubbish at languages and didn't enjoy the lessons so I dropped it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Hah, nah, it was just an extra that's offered by a retired physics teacher. Two lunchtimes a week and to be honest the lessons were so much fun it hardly felt like work. It's a good GCSE actually, more rigorous than the current science GCSE's.

My school actually offers Ancient Greek come to think of it, which I tried, but i'm rubbish at languages and didn't enjoy the lessons so I dropped it.

Awesome, I wish I could try that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Lol, I just read the local paper which says the School is very proud of me for getting 15 GCSE's...but I only got 13 (which is more than most).

Looks as if they've added 2 GCSE's to alot of people's results... Not a clue how they got that idea... but i'm not complaining.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

got the specific marks through for my results

1 mark off an A* in physics

2 marks off an A* in ICT

2 marks off a B in Latin

2 marks off a B in History

gonna send them in for remarks.. theres no harm in hoping.

Tk5SF.png