How I made 2M in 10 days with 5 minutes of work! (GE)

no_way2go

Hi, this is a basic guide on 'hoarding' items, I used this technique to gain 2M in 10 days with almost no work.

I did it with balls of wool but you may also choose another item altough balls of wool are excellent to price manipulate trough the GE (relative small amounts of the item traded, stable GE graph, low price).

How-To:

1. Buy a vast amount of the item at max price in the ge (I bought 40k balls of wool a day for example), this will make the price rise the next day

2. Buy again large amounts of the item at the new max price in the ge, this will push the price up even further

3. Continue step two every day for a few days (I suggest 7 days), you will notice the price going up each day.

4. Finally stop buying the item and wait for the next GE price update, the price should rise a final time.

5. Start selling your items at mid or max GE price, depends on the item and the demand for it.

Tip1: Remember there is a 4-hour waiting period between selling and buying an item.

Tip2: Use low-value items (under 20gp), the relative price raise will be the highest because the minimum raise on the GE is 1gp, for a 10gp item that is 10% a day! .

Tip3: Merchanting like this doesn't take up allot of time, you can do this in 30 secs each day.

I made balls of wool go from 11 to 21 gp (190%), this gave me a nice free 2M. Check the GE graph of balls of wool, as you may notice the market is open for this item ;)

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/viewitem ... 59&scale=1

Hope this will make some people happy! :P

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Yay lets teach people who aren't smart how to manipulate prices. That'll help the games economy. I realize that this is a legit way to make money, but i dislike people who do stuff like this. Price manipulation is the reason why the G.E. doesn't work.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Haz: Well I suggest just buying the max you can, the GE won't allow you to buy more than a certain percentage of the total amount of the item traded, for wool it is about 40k wool a day.

Ajk: It's how the game works, as I mentioned above there are a few systems in the GE to prevent complete price manipulation so the ge keeps working and people can use this method to make money ::'

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

It's too risky, and only works with a few select items. Oh and you only made 2m in a week with it? :-#

Also, the limits for other items are too low to do this effectively.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's too risky, and only works with a few select items. Oh and you only made 2m in a week with it? :-#

I like how on other threads you say you have no time to play rs yet you can make posts like this,liar.

2m for a week not playing much is alright but I would still say that given 2 hours a week you can make more going armadyl then doing this.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

This relies on people actually selling and buying theses balls of wool in mass quantaties - does this really happen?

Yes it does happen altough most of the time it's an add-up of small amounts from collectors/crafters/other merchanters/people who clean their banks/...

@davey: I managed to sell my 400k balls of wool within 3 days so I guess there is a pretty good market for it. ::'

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

I like how on other threads you say you have no time to play rs yet you can make posts like this,liar.

2m for a week not playing much is alright but I would still say that given 2 hours a week you can make more going armadyl then doing this.

Helpzorz! the stalkerz have arrived :ohnoes:

Taking 45 seconds to try and offer constructive criticism really doesn't take too much of a bite out of my time. Plus I only said I was busy lately, meaning the last 3 days; normally I have a fair amount of time.

I'm still not sure what advantages this has over flipping - I can see it resulting in a large loss if not done properly or if something goes wrong (i.e. a store where you can buy noted balls of wool for 10 gp each). It's always good to have alternatives, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I like how your thread has a similar title to mine --- but really, if you're going to talk about how you made 2M with wool, you'd have to have a vast amount of gp to start with. I'm going to chug this out on excel, using your exact instructions, and examples.

40k wool a day. Good.

11 gp, then 12, then 13 --- all the way to 21. Good.

This would mean that you bought 440k wool - unless the price jumped by 2 any of the days.

But you said you had 400k wool. So we'll say that you sold on day 11, not day 12.

You made 2.2 million over a period of 13 days, so its not really 2M in 10 days, now is it?

Also, you needed to have at least 6.2M to start. For someone looking to make just 2M, thats quite a bit.

You said it also took only 5 minutes of work... but in reality, it takes effort getting to the GE, or even logging in. Also, using 1 of those spots you have in your GE exchange takes up 1 spot you could be buying or selling something else.

For instance, with your 6.2M, I could buy 159 rune kites, or rune 2hs, for about 39k each. Then I could sell all of them for 40k or more. I'll assume 1k more. Then I could buy 163, and so on and so forth.

The price would remain (relatively) stable, and buying and selling about 150-200 rune kites in 24 hours isn't unreasonable.

Anyhow, after 13 days of doing this, you'd make 2.4M.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Except when Jagex introduces their fail-safe, and lowers the price because they think it's being manipulated, you could lose all those millions. It would be much easier to merchant low value items.

I like the idea and such, but it's way to risky, especially with such a back fire.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Buying only 5k at a time wouldn't work very well; the GE calculates price increase based on volume sold as well as what percent over (or under), on average, that item is bought for. So for it work ideally you would need to buy more. If you had lots of cash to spend on this you could buy, say, every single ball of wool on the GE then sell all of them for a hugely inflated price (however, I wouldn't recommend this).

On the topic of the original post:

Price manipulation is fun, however I would expect this type of thing to be shot down by Jagex very soon.

Dairith.gif

One flaw to this is that once you put something in, for instance something worth 30gp each

You end up selling so many and then the maximum price dips below your asking price. In addition to that, if you have thousands bidding, it may not go above your asking price if it's still in there. There must be a better way.. hmmm...

*smrik*

jirenma2001.png

If you have, 10k balls of wool, see if anyones buying by selling one for max. Then sell them to yourself for max price.

Selling to yourself doesn't affect GE.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

The point is that you can go armadyll and make 2m on the GE at the same time. Also, with more money you can make more profit.

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer