Drug Vacinations

sirgudi

Hi,

what do you guys think about the concept of being imunised against the most common drugs (has been developed).

Would it be a good idea? They basically prevent the person who takes the drug from feeling any of the effects of the drug.

I feel that it is a bad idea. If my parents had the chance to immunise me and they took it, i would feel as if they don't trust me enough to let me make my own choices. Although i think it could be used to protect people from the after effects and consiquences. Overall, i think things should be left how they are...but it should be developed. Who knows...it could help find a cure for cancer for all we know...

Discuss.

Who the hell does that work??? Vaccinating against a virus is easy enough, but a drug? how does that work? It would have to be something similar to a lobotomy to reduce the brains suceptibility to the drug. Anyone know how this would be done? Im baffled #-o

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

Scientists found that the parts of the brain that respond to a lot of drugs seem to do nothing but respond to that drug. So they sort of make a barrier. Don't ask me to explain please :D

Scientists found that the parts of the brain that respond to a lot of drugs seem to do nothing but respond to that drug. So they sort of make a barrier. Don't ask me to explain please :D

So its basically a kind of lobotomy, as I thought. Surely that would be too expensive for anyone to bother with and it could do more harm than any drug could.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

At first i thought you were talking about regular vaccinations :lol: I was like "Your parents don't trust you enough to make your own choices...about getting diseases?"

This stuff sounds pretty crazy, and I hope I don't have the alcohol vaccination :?

I didn't know they had a complete vaccine, I thought it was just a quick thing that shut off certain areas of the brain.

I think I read about it also working for chocolate. Like when a certain center of the brain was shut off, people no longer enjoyed chocolate.

snowsigyy7.png

People will find new ways to get high. Doctors messing around with a persons brain isn't good, I don't care how skilled they are. A little slip could kill you. (why do I feel like saying no support :lol:) Also if the parent chooses to do that to their child I couldn't imagine how messed up the child would be. It's like he would never know risk. How will he do when he is living out on his own?

So its basically a kind of lobotomy, as I thought. Surely that would be too expensive for anyone to bother with and it could do more harm than any drug could.

Its not any kind of surgical procedure. Basically since some drugs work by doing things like overloading dopamine receptors in the brain, and causing those receptors to become dependent on the drug, the injection decreases the receptor's sensitivity to the drug so it both does not work as well, and is less addictive.

Maybe if it was only short-term, but never getting high for the rest of your life would really suck for some people.

Agreed. Using it to break addictions to drugs like cocaine, methaphetamine, etc could be a good thing. But when you start trying to use it on people who use the drugs responsibly, there will be trouble.

Maybe if it was only short-term, but never getting high for the rest of your life would really suck for some people.

Agreed. Using it to break addictions to drugs like cocaine, methaphetamine, etc could be a good thing. But when you start trying to use it on people who use the drugs responsibly, there will be trouble.

Do you mean responsible coke and methaphetamine users? Cause that stuff isn't exactly safe.

Do you mean responsible coke and methaphetamine users? Cause that stuff isn't exactly safe.

It's not that bad actually, I knew some people who did coke once in a while and they were very responsible. I think he was referring to marijuanna or other light-drugs that can give you a high.

-Renate.

;>

Do you have an article so we can get further info...your post was kinda vague...WHERE ARE THE TECHNICAL TERMS???

I second this post.

Anyway, if they ARE making vaccines for stuff like this then they need to do it on people who are abusing it, like most of the people I know.

It's not that bad actually, I knew some people who did coke once in a while and they were very responsible. I think he was referring to marijuanna or other light-drugs that can give you a high.

-Renate.

I was actually referring to all drugs (though lighter drugs are easier to use responsibly). None of them are good for you, some are more safe than others, but all of them used responsibly can be okay.

Your parents only have a actual say in 18 years of your most likely 70+ year long life. They can't vacinate you for something you should be making choices about when you're 18+, diseases are understandable but parents shouldn't control if you take drugs or not once your 18+.

I can already see problems with this idea, someone will take a serious amount of drug "X" just so they get the normal high and as a result they Overdose and ultimately die / cause serious damage.

[hide=]

-Renate.

[/hide]

I was actually referring to all drugs (though lighter drugs are easier to use responsibly). None of them are good for you, some are more safe than others, but all of them used responsibly can be okay.

Well, not all. I'm open to quite a lot of things as long as it can be used responsible but crystal meth just seems a bit... Over the top. And the fact that I'd rather stick to 'natural' things, weed, salvia, shrooms, etc.

-Renate.

Fixed it for you. ::' ~meol

;>

[hide=]

-Renate.

[/hide]

Well, not all. I'm open to quite a lot of things as long as it can be used responsible but crystal meth just seems a bit... Over the top. And the fact that I'd rather stick to 'natural' things, weed, salvia, shrooms, etc.

-Renate.

Some drugs may seem over the top to us, but if someone can handle taking that drug and continueing to live a normal life, that's awesome. And I prefer to stick with "natural" drugs as well though I would like to try LSD and ecstacy.

[hide=]

-Renate.

[/hide]

-Renate.

Ditto. Natural is good!!!

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Hi,

what do you guys think about the concept of being imunised against the most common drugs (has been developed).

Would it be a good idea? They basically prevent the person who takes the drug from feeling any of the effects of the drug.

I feel that it is a bad idea. If my parents had the chance to immunise me and they took it, i would feel as if they don't trust me enough to let me make my own choices. Although i think it could be used to protect people from the after effects and consiquences. Overall, i think things should be left how they are...but it should be developed. Who knows...it could help find a cure for cancer for all we know...

Discuss.

Do you have more information about this? I've never heard about it before so I don't know what I'm looking for.

If what you're saying is true, then it could have a place in drug rehab.

[hide=]

-Renate.

[/hide]

-Renate.

Ditto. Natural is good!!!

Except shrooms can put holes in your brain, just like ecstasy lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.