When does the Grand Exchange update its prices?

Triquos

It is based on the volume of an item sold. This means that if there are loads of yew logs suddenly bought and sold the price will get updated quickly but if none are sold then the price will not get updated at all. Obviously the number of trades done for each update also depends on the overall popularity of the item itself ie it may require 1 million yews to change but only 2 party hats.

The GE updates the prices every day as already said. I don't know the current time because it changes too often. It could be at evening this week and at the morning next week (and there was no price update in the last 30 hours). But all items update at once and the price is based of the items sold between now and the last update. Some items like godswords or some rares don't change in price every day cause there are not enough items sold.

[404] Signature not found.

Holy Moly Bijay!!! You have just pointed out the bleeding obvious part of a puzzle I had with the GE. I did read on the runescape site that it was to do with volumes traded but I had not realise that all trade was up dated including ones where there was no price change. Thank you for that it should help me tremendously. (I will not say why it is so helpful but trust me when I say it will save me a fortune)

"Day" passes at 1 AM GMT time. 8 PM for us here in EST.

Thats the way it works with ban appeals, and probably MTK and GE.

Basically, its the "new start" of the entire day for RuneScape. It's also when Bert get his sand restocked, and Arhein gets more pineapples and seaweed.. I think they all are based off of this time, or from my experience at least.

~Zackdt

zackdt.png

"Day" passes at 1 AM GMT time. 8 PM for us here in EST.

Thats the way it works with ban appeals, and probably MTK and GE.

Basically, its the "new start" of the entire day for RuneScape. It's also when Bert get his sand restocked, and Arhein gets more pineapples and seaweed.. I think they all are based off of this time, or from my experience at least.

Arhein and Bert restock based on when you obtained the items. Same with Tears of Guthix.

So many different answers :ohnoes: I'll look into Bloodargon's one a bit later on, I stayed up to 3AM this morning to try and see when it changed (NZ time) but couldn't stand staying up any longer lol so between 3AM - 12:30PM it updated #-o

2vuhgcn.png

It is based on the volume of an item sold. This means that if there are loads of yew logs suddenly bought and sold the price will get updated quickly but if none are sold then the price will not get updated at all. Obviously the number of trades done for each update also depends on the overall popularity of the item itself ie it may require 1 million yews to change but only 2 party hats.

the price will change if their isn't anyone buying them, and their is a larger supply.

the prices change with supply and demand, if there if a high demand for something and a low supply prices shoot up. if there is a large supply and low demand, prices drop down.

This...

It changes each day. I'm not sure if its completely random but for me (I live in Melbourne, Australia) it seems to change somewhere between midnight and 5am.

and this...

The GE updates the prices every day as already said. I don't know the current time because it changes too often. It could be at evening this week and at the morning next week (and there was no price update in the last 30 hours). But all items update at once and the price is based of the items sold between now and the last update. Some items like godswords or some rares don't change in price every day cause there are not enough items sold.

is correct. Which is extremely frikken annyoing in my opinion, but I suppose that it helps stopping people like me from exploiting it too much -.-

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This...

It changes each day. I'm not sure if its completely random but for me (I live in Melbourne, Australia) it seems to change somewhere between midnight and 5am.

and this...

is correct. Which is extremely frikken annyoing in my opinion, but I suppose that it helps stopping people like me from exploiting it too much -.-

Darn #-o well ty to everyone who answered and helped me out :thumbsup: and wo00o0o0o0ot I can now afford AGS :P although it just dropped 3.9M so I might wait a little longer till I get it :cry:

2vuhgcn.png

[hide=][/hide]
This...

and this...

[hide=][/hide]

Darn #-o well ty to everyone who answered and helped me out :thumbsup: and wo00o0o0o0ot I can now afford AGS :P although it just dropped 3.9M so I might wait a little longer till I get it :cry:

Don't waste your time with that rubbish, you'll just be disappointed like several other people...including me. Just get a SGS, all the cool kids are doing it.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

the price will change if their isn't anyone buying them, and their is a larger supply.

the prices change with supply and demand, if there if a high demand for something and a low supply prices shoot up. if there is a large supply and low demand, prices drop down.

No, the update isn't based on supply and demand. It's based on the amount of items sold on different prices. I don't know how exactly.

If it would change with supply/demand phats would drop like hell.

Prices also change at every game update, which most commonly seems to occur at 6 am EST, which I believe is around midnight Tuesday night in Australia.

Common misconception. It doesn't update the grand exchange prices at any system updates, except the servers crashed.