Training Range in F2P

kysax

my question is simple, which is the best spot for training range in F2P?

I dont care if i cant pick up the arrows, i just want fast xp.

oh, and im lvl 75 range.

kysax.png

After taking a break of 17 months, i had to come back

but everything has changed way too much xD

There is no absolute "best" for any training method.

Lesser demons are, in my opinion, the best. At your level ice giants and ankous would also be good. They're all really close in xp per hour.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

ive heard lesser demons were good.

Yes, I conform this. Lesser Demons are good monsters as well as Safe Spotting the Hill Giants on Crandor and the Ice Giants in the Ice Caves.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Range is EXTREMELY hard and boring to train, boring in both and hard in F2P because of the lack of any good monsters to kill. Jagex needs to give us some new monsters, with good drops, the best are Greaters which drop Rune Full Helms (but wildy = death) and Cockroach Soldiers which drop Rune Scimmies and Rune Squares. However, neither of these have a good place to get food for melee, and Cockroach Soldiers have a ranged attack, plus Revs out in the wildy. So, lessers are the best, but Crandor mossies if you want prayer experience as well.

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Flesh crawlers. Take bronze arrows, don't bother taking arrows. Leave to reset aggression every 10 minutes. About 40k an hour, or something like that.

Flesh crawlers. Take bronze arrows, don't bother taking arrows. Leave to reset aggression every 10 minutes. About 40k an hour, or something like that.

You could get maybe 20k an hour there if you were lucky.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Why shouldn't you pick up arrows? But I agree that it's a good training place for Range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Why shouldn't you pick up arrows? But I agree that it's a good training place for Range.

i got around 25-30k an hour at 88 range

why not pick up arrows its called powertraining

plus bronze arrows are cheap

foukouei.png

I'm training at the Blk Knight Fortress. On the second floor with an altar, there's 2 blk knights in an adjacent room. Just pop on protect from melee and range away, no food req'd. If you've got 44 pray, that makes for a nifty +15% boost to your ranged, which improves accuracy and most of the time boosts your max hit by 1.

They've got decent drops. Laws, steel bars, cosmics, gems, and the odd death rune or mith arrow.

Contrary to popular belief, cockroach soldiers do in fact make for excellent range training, even after that dreadful update, at a per hour rate of around 19-22k.

This is all you need

1. The ability to time an attack

2. Steel arrows or above

3. A power amulet

4. Level 43 prayer, which goes hand in hand with no.1.

5. Two lines of any food you want

If you would like a demonstration of parts 1 and 4, please feel free to pm me in-game.

A few other decent monsters to range in-game are

1 Ice giants after they no longer aggro you.

2. White/black knights at around the same rate as soldiers.

3. Lesser Demons, but in the back using the cockroach method. (not as crowded)

4. Greater demons if you can manage to trick the revenants between those walls at the demonic ruins.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Really? I get 35k at 75, so I predicted it would get better at higher levels.

Really? I get 35k at 75, so I predicted it would get better at higher levels.

i doubt you got over 30k in f2p using bronze arrows

foukouei.png

It's possible, I'm pretty sure I've done it.

Although I might be thinking of something else... #-o

I trained my ranged in f2P so i decided to give my vision.

1) Lesser demons are the best ! Believe me , i tested all the others. With steel and a bit high lvl , you can get 30Kxp/hour. It isn't crowned if you train at the correct places. Go to the 4 lessers behind the secret passage to crandor. They rock ! In a good world , they aren't many people and the others , you scare away by stealing lssrs :thumbsup:

2) however i trained ranged before the update of Cockroaches ( CRS ). I don't like training on them. Goes slow and they are not close to each other. You have to run much.

Hope i helped ya ! ;)

gereed123.png

Contrary to popular belief, cockroach soldiers do in fact make for excellent range training, even after that dreadful update, at a per hour rate of around 19-22k.

This is all you need

1. The ability to time an attack

2. Steel arrows or above

3. A power amulet

4. Level 43 prayer, which goes hand in hand with no.1.

5. Two lines of any food you want

If you would like a demonstration of parts 1 and 4, please feel free to pm me in-game.

A few other decent monsters to range in-game are

1 Ice giants after they no longer aggro you.

2. White/black knights at around the same rate as soldiers.

3. Lesser Demons, but in the back using the cockroach method. (not as crowded)

4. Greater demons if you can manage to trick the revenants between those walls at the demonic ruins.

Could you provide a more in-depth explanation of 1 and 4?

Lessers on Crandor are good. At your level I'd do greaters in high wildy. Better drops and more xp, revs aren't a huge worry either (just don't bring like 20k arrows).

If you want prayer do moss giants on Crandor, there are a couple ways to safe them.

If they're aggressive I'd maybe try hobgoblins near the crafting guild, you could afk them. If they aren't aggressive I'd try something else.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

ive been training in the hobgoblin peninsula, ranging across the water, and i get 40-45k xp per hour if it isnt crowded (not hard to find an empty world, no1 goes there very pften), faster than ankous and mossies, i dont know if lesser demons r faster, i couldnt find an empty world so i left rly soon.

thnx every1 for helping me \'

kysax.png

After taking a break of 17 months, i had to come back

but everything has changed way too much xD