August 26th 2008 - All Fired Up

darkjab

ScreenShot289.png

Just got all rewards.

Not sure if someone already got them.

looks ugly, ill use rune pick when i mine, and d axe when i wc

You'd take a presumably slower axe/pickaxe over this one cause it looks ugly?

/facepalm

it has the same level requirement so it wont be faster /facepalmcommonsense.

Let's not forget about the 92 fm / 70 smith / 59 cons requirement, shall we?

It's bound to have advantages.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes when you cut trees with inferno adze you burn the logs you get and get firemaking and woodcutting exp for them. So it could be useful if you're just powertraining wc and don't care about the logs too much.

I'll try mining with it now.

Could someone give the loaction of each beacon?

They are all on the world map, but basically it's along the northern side of Varrock and then it goes north along the west edge of the Wild.

These fire tenders are wanting things - the one named Ude asked me for a white fruit.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Sometimes when you cut trees with inferno adze you burn the logs you get and get firemaking and woodcutting exp for them. So it could be useful if you're just powertraining wc and don't care about the logs too much.

OMG I want it NOW :o

2vuhgcn.png

Ok put it this way, Firemaking, Smith / Con will not make mining faster because they aren't related to mining and wc, the ability to burn a log is going to make me better at mining a rock, this item is a convenience item, not an item to make it faster.. say if you're on a quest with a wc/mining requirement i would reach out for this item if i can be bothered training firemaking for it, but if i'm mining i'll just use a pickaxe because i dont think ill have a treerock hybrid around..

Dragon pick has been leaked, and also why nerf Dragon axes for this item thats free? it doesnt make sense.. so why would they just give this away for free?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The only reason there is a smith and cons requiremnt is to fix the ladders.

I.E smith = iron rung ladder

& cons = wooden plank ladders

The quest is based on fires,hence the firemaking lvl. 92 fm is a req to use it as u need 92 to do all 14 becons ( hence gettin it as a reward)

X_kaylin_X.png

I'm going to take the hunch it turns iron ore's into bars sometimes.

Dark_Jab.png

if this is true i'll wc with this but granite is ftw ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well I mined ~12 iron ores and none of them turned to bars.

Maybe I just had a bad luck, but I don't think it works.

The only reason there is a smith and cons requiremnt is to fix the ladders.

I.E smith = iron rung ladder

& cons = wooden plank ladders

The quest is based on fires,hence the firemaking lvl. 92 fm is a req to use it as u need 92 to do all 14 becons ( hence gettin it as a reward)

But there's no other way to get to the fires, except for fixing the ladders, right?

So it's safe to say those skills are actually a requirement to get the item...

Well I mined ~12 iron ores and none of them turned to bars.

Maybe I just had a bad luck, but I don't think it works.

Jagex could have made it brilliant if it always burnt logs, and say you had an invent of 24 coal and mined 3 rune ores it would auto make rune bars or something like that (if you had the level of course).

It would stop willows and maples clogging up the G.E, and it wouldn't overpower mining/smithing (since you still gotta go out of your way to get the stuff and also bank them) whilst offering a nifty alternative.

It's starting to get a little underwhelming now, guess I won't be in any rush to get 92 firemaking.

Dark_Jab.png

You only have to fix the ladders once. There's 3 different ladders.

Also you have to fix some windprotect thingy that reguires 3 jute fibres. Luckily I had some of them banked for situations like this :mrgreen: .

To give someone the incentive to train Firemaking. Before this update the most useful thing firmaking could accomplish was lighting pyres or the mining helmet, which is my light source of choice btw. Now there is a point to leveling firemaking.

The interesting thing is that this could effectively drop the dragon wc axe market. I mean why pay around 2m for an axe when you can level a skill to 92 cheaper and still get an equivalent tool?

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Do you need a certain amount of points and someone just gives you that tool? Or do you need all of the components and then combine them?

WOW.

There is nothing about combining tools anywhere. You earn the rewards from King Roald after lighting the required amount of beacons. Dragon Axes and Rune Pickaxes have NOTHING to do with it except for that it has the same mining and woodcutting bonuses.

Basically, your 20 D axes will actually probably go DOWN in price. Sorry to say.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Yeah I'd get them Axes sold if I was you, people could start using this INSTEAD of an Axe if it turns out to be any good...

Dragon axe = 61 wc requirement

Inferno adze = 61 wc requirement. Why pay for a dragon axe, when you can get one for free?

I guess I am going to have to do a lot of training to get the skills to fully complete the mini-game. It will have to be added to my ever growing to do list.

I am glad about the high req's for this mini-game though. I mean 92 firemaking is hard to get. Maybe this is Jagex's new outlook, make things higher leveled for the high levels. Well good for them.