All Fired up - 14 Beacon guide. Slightly improved.

iwatake

You've done the quest. Now here's the real challenge: Lighting all 14 beacons.

beaconmapqu5.png

But after the quest you can't just run along and light them all... access to some needs to be fixed, and some of the attendants won't help you unless you help them.

So, before you go anywhere, this is what you'll need:

Required items:

White tree fruit

kebbit Davy hat

2 Iron bars (or 4)

Amulet of catspeak

hammer

5 nails (9 if you repair the last beacon ladder with planks)

2 planks (or 4)

Lava eel (cooked or uncooked, doesn't matter)

3 jute fibres

needle

Recommended items:

Good beast of burden

Canifis house portal / Slayer ring (To the slayer tower)

Varrock teleport

Games Necklace

Combat bracelet

Earth temple tab

Falador teleport

Trollheim teleport

Goblin village teleport sphere

(Remember, tabs take up less space)

Required levels:

92 Firemaking

31 Prayer

56 or 70 Smithing

42 or 59 Construction

64 Agility

60 Crafting

[hide=List for individual beacons]beaconreqsmu9.png[/hide]

Required quests:

Land of the goblins

Read through, and some of the beacons will have "Repair" or "Attendant" hide options on them, or both. Click it and it will explain what you need to access the beacon, or use the attendant.

*NOTE - If you give an attendant a macaw, they can tell you the status of every beacon, if it's lit or not.

A little on some of the items:

[hide=The items]To get the davy hat, you'll have to catch a diseased kebbit from the quest "As a first resort".

If you haven't finished As a First Resort:

The diseased kebbits will be in Oo'glog near one of the pools. Need to be baited with smoldering fever grass (read below)

If you have:

They will be west of the town near the shore. You'll need smoldering fever grass to lure them to the deadfall traps (light it with a tinderbox). Then, talk to the ogress in the general store and she'll make it into a davy hat for you.

To get the lava eel, from the heroes quest, you'll need a oily fishing rod.

If you haven't finished the Heroes quest: talk to the port sarim fishing store owner and he will give you an jar of the snail blamish oil, which you'll then need to mix with an unfinished harralander potion, then use it on the fishing rod. Then, go to the lava maze or member's dungeon, and catch one, raw or cooked, doesn't matter.

If you have finished the quest:

A little bit more complicated, same as above, but you'll have to get a thin snail from the Morytania swamp, then a sample bottle from Canifis. Next, use a pestle and mortar on the snail, and you'll have the snail blamish oil. After this, it's the same as above.[/hide]

*IMPORTANT - Now, before you start lighting all the beacons, make sure you've fixed all the access to them, and satisfied all the attendants.

Before you start, put all 20 logs on each of the beacons, so they're ready to be lit and you can be on your way to the next one.

Then, take a dip in the infinite run pool in Oo'glog. (If you can't use this, the terrorbirds' tireless run scroll and a lumbridge achievement diary ring should work. Energy potions is a bad idea, too much space.)

Take out a beast of burden familiar (terrorbird or better should do) and start lighting them all up :D, giving each attendant 5 logs to care to your fire.

Beacons 1-2

Start with the first two by the river salve, they should be given the highest logs you can use.

Beacons 3-5

The next 4 are pretty easy, you should use high level logs for the first 2, and then the next ones you can probably get away with maple logs here, and with the remaining beacons. Light the jolly boar inn, varrock wildy, and the grand exchange Beacons, making sure to give them each 5 logs.

Alternatively, you can either use a Earth temple tab (From the runecrafting guild), or Varrock balloons, to get to beacon 3 instead of running from Varrock.

[hide=Attendant]Beacon 4 attendant (here) wants a White tree fruit snack. Give one to her, and she will tend to the beacon for you.[/hide]

Beacon 6

Next, teleport to edgeville, replace your glory with an amulet of catspeak, withdraw a games necklace, and restock on logs (YOUR FAMILIAR TOO!), and then light the beacon there, and give the attendant 5 logs.

Beacon 7

Then, run to ice mountain, through the monastary, to the black knights fortress, and light that one, give 5 logs. Alternatively, you can use a combat bracelet to teleport to the monastery and run to the beacon from there.

Beacon 8

Teleport to falador, and go INTO the goblin village, and light the beacon there, give the goblin 5 logs... (Ordak's sphere is faster here)

[hide=Attendant]This goblin complains about his head being cold. You'll have to get him a kebbit davy hat (see the items hide at the top)[/hide]

*NOTE - at this point some of the fires may be becoming weak - you might want to rekindle some, especially the first 2 (which you used higher up logs, I hope) and the next 4, which you probalby used maples on. Remember to give the attendant 5 more logs also, if you do this, and to take a house teleport/slayer ring.

Beacon 9

Teleport to the games room, go to the rogues den, restock (YOUR FAMILIAR TOO!) and get two trollheim teleports, then get to the beacon and do what you've been doing.

[hide=Attendant]The attendant here being a cat, you'll need an amulet of catspeak to use him.[/hide]

[hide=Repair]To access this beacon, you'll have to repair the ladder with 2 iron bars and a hammer.[/hide]

Beacon 11, then 10

Go teleport to trollheim, and light the beacon by the wilderness shortcut, use the shortcut, and go to the other beacon up the ladder you fixed, light and give logs, then teleport to trollheim.

[hide=Attendant]Beacon 10's Troll Attendant wants a lava eel, so you'll have to get him one to use him (raw or cooked doesn't matter)[/hide]

[hide=Repair]To access beacon 10, you need to repair the ladder with 2 planks and 5 nails[/hide]

Beacon 12

Head up to god wars dungeon, and walk past it to the other wilderness shortcut there, and you know the drill. If you don't have any levels above the requirement to use the wildy shortcut or light the next beacons, you probably want to bring a super restore potion.

[hide=Attendant]Beacon 12 has a polar bear attendant - You may need 81 summon to talk to him, or you may have to give him cooked fish, I'm not certain what you need to do to use him.[/hide]

[hide=Repair]To use this beacon, you're going to have to repair the windbreaker with 3 jure fibres and a needle.[/hide]

Beacon 13

Go into the wilderness, run up past the zamorak temple, and up the ladder to the very last beacon, and light it. There is no attendant here.

[hide=Repair]You have a choice here. You can repair the ladder with 2 iron bars and a hammer, or 2 planks and 4 nails, and a hammer.[/hide]

Beacon 14

This is the very last one. Nothing needed to get to it, no attendant.

Hopefully, you should still have everything else lit at this point, and you can get your rewards, the ring of fire, the firemaking gloves, and the highlight of it all, the axe/pick that has special abilities. It has the chance to instantly burn a log that you cut, and may have some mining abilities.

Here's a pic of the rewards:

firedupmg.jpg

AllBlazedUp.png

[hide=Stats on the adze]The Inferno Adze's stats are:

Attack-

Stab: +10

Slash: +9

Crush: +7

Range: +0

Magic: +0

Defence-

Stab: +0

Slash: +1

Crush: +0

Summon: +0

Strength: +11

Prayer: +0[/hide]

If you're afraid some of the fires are going out (as shown by the attendents information) and need rekindling, you can go back to those fires, rekindle it with 5 logs, and then give the attendent 5 more logs to keep it going.

You'll probably need to do that with the first 2 (remember you're using the best logs you can use for those) and the next 4, with maples.

[hide=An alternate route..]

OK I finished my run in 11 minutes. :thumbsup:

I filled all the beacons and made all my payment ahead of time

Here's my chosen route:

(1) I dipped in the goblin pool

(2) Trollheim telly --> GWD. As I suspected, my run stats stayed at 100%. So I started here and didn't have that long walk counted against me.

(3) Down the agility shortcut to wildy and ran north along the edge, getting #13 and #14. I then ran south and got #10. Luckily, I encountered no revs.

(4) Trollheim telly --> the beacon next to the wildy agility shortcut there

(5) Burthorpe necklace telly --> the beacon there

(6) Goblin sphere telly ---> the beacon there

(7) Morytania ring telly ---> Paterdomus and through the agility railings. It was then a simple straight run across to Edge, hitting the remaining beacons. I finished at Black Knights.

[/hide]

Good luck ,you probably will need it! :D

(Yes, I know, it's waay more complicated then it should be, but well, that's the Runescape way >_>)

*NOTE - Please comment on the guide! :)

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest using a goblin village sphere instead of the falador teleport since it takes you to the goblin village. You can buy them from Oldak in Dorgesh Khan after doing Another Slice of H.A.M. for 1 piece of molten glass and 2 laws i think.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I suggest using a goblin village sphere instead of the falador teleport since it takes you to the goblin village. You can buy them from Oldak in Dorgesh Khan after doing Another Slice of H.A.M. for 1 piece of molten glass and 2 laws i think.

That actually helps, you need all the time you can get

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Just tested, mage logs will last 11 minutes in the "burning brightly" stage, and at 18 minutes it will completely die out. I am 99 FM and it was on the first beacon, so I'm not sure if that's just the times for that beacon. I'll test later if you can put logs on, log out, and the logs still be in the beacon. I'll test to see if you can light them, log off, log on and the beacon still be lit.

Burn_All.png

here is a picture of a ring of fire and the other rewards from the Firemaking Guide

the ring of fire adds +2 xp to each log you burn

firedupmg.jpg

Thanks a lot for the picture!

And Utah, I'll have to get back to you on that, that's something that's important...

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Just tested, mage logs will last 11 minutes in the "burning brightly" stage, and at 18 minutes it will completely die out. I am 99 FM and it was on the first beacon, so I'm not sure if that's just the times for that beacon. I'll test later if you can put logs on, log out, and the logs still be in the beacon. I'll test to see if you can light them, log off, log on and the beacon still be lit.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it ::'

You don't need to test the logs - they do stay in there if you log out.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

If you place the logs in the beacons and leave them there for a while (half an hour or more) without lighting them, will they disappear? Seems like that would make it too easy but hey you never know...

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

I just got this 10 minutes ago :D

AllBlazedUp.png

It acts as a Woodcutting axe as well as a Pickaxe. When woodcutting, it will occaisonally burn a log, giving you fm exp. I'm not sure if there are any special instances for mining, or if it does anything else.

The Inferno Adze's stats are:

Attack-

Stab: +10

Slash: +9

Crush: +7

Defence-

Stab: +0

Slash: +1

Crush: +0

Summon: +0

Strength: +11

Prayer: +0

Burn_All.png

Tested with willows and yews.

Solo ring gives 2% exp bonus

Solo gloves also give 2%

Ring and Gloves together give 5%

Alright, thanks.

And thanks for the pics and stats, pyro :D

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

If anyone has any information on how to use the 12th attendent, the polar bear, I'd appreciate it. As of now, I have no idea how to use it. Repairing the wind breaker does not make him usable.

Also, edited up the guide, should be easier to use now :thumbsup:

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

The obvious substitute for having your house portal in Canafis would be to use a ring of slaying to teleport to Morytania Slayer Tower.

EDIT

OK I finished my run in 11 minutes. :thumbsup:

I filled all the beacons and made all my payment ahead of time

Here's my chosen route:

(1) I dipped in the goblin pool

(2) Trollheim telly --> GWD. As I suspected, my run stats stayed at 100%. So I started here and didn't have that long walk counted against me.

(3) Down the agility shortcut to wildy and ran north along the edge, getting #13 and #14. I then ran south and got #10. Luckily, I encountered no revs.

(4) Trollheim telly --> the beacon next to the wildy agility shortcut there

(5) Burthorpe necklace telly --> the beacon there

(6) Goblin sphere telly ---> the beacon there

(7) Morytania ring telly ---> Paterdomus and through the agility railings. It was then a simple straight run across to Edge, hitting the remaining beacons. I finished at Black Knights.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours